PNC Mortgage Interview Questions

Updated Jun 22, 2015

2.8

Mortgage Loan Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PNC Mortgage.

Interview

Interview was very straight forward, took 2 weeks to get an offer. Started with an initial call from the recruiter and moved on very quickly to the hiring manager.

Mortgage Banker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PNC Mortgage (Dallas, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

face-to-face with local area manager who provided good detailed description of the loan products, comp plan, operations center, service level agreements with ops for keeping loans on track to closing. flexible work hours as long as meeting production requirements. Initial salary period based on proof of current earnings. They do have some leads to offer you to help you get started.

Interview Questions

• What was I looking for in order to make the move from current employer?   1 Answer

Collector Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miamisburg, OH

Application

I applied online – interviewed at PNC Mortgage (Miamisburg, OH) in January 2015.

Interview

Prompt. Described benefits in details. Requires a lot. 2nd shift. Hours from 1130-9 and Saturday from 8-2. This company wants to get paid for past due collections. First point of contact was an email then a phone call then interview

Interview Questions

• How would you collect from a older person   1 Answer

Negotiation

The salary was set.

Underwriter Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at PNC Mortgage.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter. The first interview was with the recruiter and lasted a full hour. Most of the questions were one's that the hiring mgr prepared and were job specific. The second interview was with the hiring mgr and was 1.5 hours. It was more of a "get to know you" type of interview. It was also going over the job duties and company culture. She said she was very impressed would like to move fwd, and I'm a perfect fit for their company culture. She said I would be hearing from her supervisor. Instead, I got a call stating that my information was transferred to a different dept for a different position and that mgr would call me. The 3rd interview was with another mgr. It lasted approx 45 min. She had very specific questions that she was reading from a paper. She also said that she would be recommending me for the position and I should hear back very soon. Instead of hearing back I received a generic email stating -we have decided to pursue other candidates for this position.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions required research to properly answer. Those that can memorize thousands of pages of manuals would do fine.   Answer Question

Mortgage Loan Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kettering, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at PNC Mortgage (Kettering, OH).

Interview

Meet with local manager, review what is expected, if MM and SR MLO like you-you're in

Interview Questions

Negotiation

NONE
    24k base and what ever you generate to cover your draw and excess is commission

ACCEL Mortgage Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at PNC Mortgage (Chicago, IL) in December 2013.

Interview

After a campus interview I was flown to Chicago where we stayed at a nice hotel. When we got there they gave us an overview of the program, BY THE ACTUAL CEO, which was very impressive. After we went into another room for a networking session where you were supposed to meet and talk to the 3 people that were going to interview as well as other current employees or candidates. The next morning each had a session, lasting about an hour, of three interviews with 3 different people lasting about 10-15 min.

Interview Questions

• Not very difficult at all, it was very conversational, although there were a few scripted questions that were very typical, such as questions about working in groups or over coming obstacles.   Answer Question

Mortgage Operations and Servicing Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at PNC Mortgage (Pittsburgh, PA) in November 2013.

Interview

Basic Behavioral Questions

Clerk- Administrative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at PNC Mortgage (Dayton, OH).

Interview

The usual. Describe yourself, etc

Interview Questions

• Name one word that describes you   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate, was happy to have a job offer

Mortgage Operations Processor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PNC Mortgage (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

I was contacted through linked in for a phone interview. After the phone interview I came into the office for a one on one interview. The interview wasn't very difficult just the normal interview questions. After the interview I received a call a week later saying I was offered the job.

Collector Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PNC Mortgage.

Interview

Regular collections, bank, not 3rd party atmosphere

Negotiation

very little option to negotiate.