POP

Very Easy Interview

Client Partner Interview

Client Partner
Seattle, WA

I applied through other source and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at POP.

Interview Details – Relatively well organized in terms of getting the office tour (one of the selling points) and meeting a breadth of the team. That said, specific job requirements were not disclosed and interview was primarily a chemistry-check to determine whether or not they like you. Very "High School" in nature. I realized that the nature of my responses and our interactions was less about professionally relevant experience and far more about wether you would be able to work with the existing and significant personalities that are there. In the end, what POP was looking for was a hard-working and unchallenging personality willing to work long hours and submit to those already in place and comfortable in their roles. Oh, and it became clear over time, they want to be able to micro-manage your every decision.

Interview Question – Describe your biggest professional weakness and how you have worked to address it.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Brutal. POP is a heavy negotiator and convinces you to take a lower salary with the full expectation of high variable compensation that never turns out to be true. This ultimately led me and many others to leave. POP, unless they resolve it, will always be a revolving door and they seem to be perfectly fine with that fact.

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
Seattle, WA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 days - interviewed at POP in June 2011.

Interview Details – 5 rounds of interviews with all roles

Interview Question – Characteristic you'd like to improve in yourself   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Rigid

Account Manager Interview

Seattle, WA

The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at POP in November 2009.

Interview Details – Interview was pretty straight forward, not very challenging. My recommendation to candidates considering an opportunity here is to really probe on culture and ask about retention and turnover.

In hindsight, I don't believe the company was completely honest during the interview and having participated in interviews as an employee I don't believe hiring decisions are always made with the best motivations in mind. I would recommend talking to employees that are no longer with the company to gain a better understanding of fit and role.

Interview Question – how do you manage difficult clients?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Was able to negotiate salary a bit, but comp in general was under-market. Expectations were set that work life balance compensated for lower comp, which proved to be false when I logged 200+ hours in overtime in 3 months.

Interactive Designer Interview

Interactive Designer
Austell, GA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at POP in May 2010.

Interview Details – Sometimes I dont know what U was like. They told me that the job was very demanding. You have to be a very patient person to be in this kind of industry. You have to work hard, but there are rewards for your hard work.

Interview Questions

Mobile Developer Interview

Heredia (Costa Rica)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at POP in May 2012.

Interview Details – I got referred so I got first a interview by phone, after that I got a meeting with several persons on site and during the same on-site interview a 3rd interview with a manager in USA.

Very Easy Interview

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer
Bangalore (India)

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at POP in August 2012.

Interview Details – contanct through mail or mobile number and schedule the interview based on communication.

Interview Question – why should i hire you?   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for POP? Contribute to the Community!

POP Videos

POP – Why Work for Us?

We deliver substance—not stunts. We help our clients solve real-world business problems by conceiving and creating experiences that are driven by consumer insights, centered on the needs of users and designed to… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at POP interview questions and advice. All 6 interview reviews posted anonymously by POP employees and interview candidates.