POP Interview Questions

2.1

Client Partner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at POP.

Relatively well organized in terms of getting the office tour (one of the selling points) and meeting a breadth of the team. That said, specific job requirements were not disclosed and interview was primarily a chemistry-check to determine whether or not they like you. Very "High School" in nature. I realized that the nature of my responses and our interactions was less about professionally relevant experience and far more about wether you would be able to work with the existing and significant personalities that are there. In the end, what POP was looking for was a hard-working and unchallenging personality willing to work long hours and submit to those already in place and comfortable in their roles. Oh, and it became clear over time, they want to be able to micro-manage your every decision.

Interview Questions
    • Describe your biggest professional weakness and how you have worked to address it.   View Answer
    Brutal. POP is a heavy negotiator and convinces you to take a lower salary with the full expectation of high variable compensation that never turns out to be true. This ultimately led me and many others to leave. POP, unless they resolve it, will always be a revolving door and they seem to be perfectly fine with that fact.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at POP in June 2011.

5 rounds of interviews with all roles

Rigid

Interactive Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austell, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austell, GA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at POP in May 2010.

Sometimes I dont know what U was like. They told me that the job was very demanding. You have to be a very patient person to be in this kind of industry. You have to work hard, but there are rewards for your hard work.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at POP in November 2009.

Interview was pretty straight forward, not very challenging. My recommendation to candidates considering an opportunity here is to really probe on culture and ask about retention and turnover.

In hindsight, I don't believe the company was completely honest during the interview and having participated in interviews as an employee I don't believe hiring decisions are always made with the best motivations in mind. I would recommend talking to employees that are no longer with the company to gain a better understanding of fit and role.

Interview Questions
    Was able to negotiate salary a bit, but comp in general was under-market. Expectations were set that work life balance compensated for lower comp, which proved to be false when I logged 200+ hours in overtime in 3 months.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, San Jose (Costa Rica)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, San Jose (Costa Rica)

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at POP.

You get interviewed by all in the PM capability locally, Program directors at HQ.

Interview Questions
    • Weaknesses, description of a difficult real life case in the capability   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at POP in August 2012.

contanct through mail or mobile number and schedule the interview based on communication.

Mobile Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Heredia (Costa Rica)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Heredia (Costa Rica)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at POP in May 2012.

I got referred so I got first a interview by phone, after that I got a meeting with several persons on site and during the same on-site interview a 3rd interview with a manager in USA.