POP Interview Questions in Seattle, WA

Updated Jun 12, 2015

2.2

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at POP (Seattle, WA).

Interview

1) Phone screen with recruiting. General skill and background questions 2) Phone screen and Q&A with potential peer in same position. I was interested in a "day in the life of" experience and daily tasks. 3) Another phone screen. Follow up with recruiting discuss job mechanics and benefits. 4) In person interview 1- Leads and execs. 4) in person interview 2- team members and client partners

Interview Questions

• They were very thoughtful and came armed with a prepared list of questions. The process was very organized and professional. Bonus points for everyone being on time. The folks at POP give a lot of thought as to who they hire and it shows. Favorite question: Describe a time i took a chance (professionally) and if I had regrets.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The negotiation phase was easy for me. I had previously discussed what my needs would be if I was offered the job and they had a clear understanding of what that meant. When an offered was submitted, it was fair and comprehensive.

Client Partner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at POP (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Relatively well organized in terms of getting the office tour (one of the selling points) and meeting a breadth of the team. That said, specific job requirements were not disclosed and interview was primarily a chemistry-check to determine whether or not they like you. Very "High School" in nature. I realized that the nature of my responses and our interactions was less about professionally relevant experience and far more about wether you would be able to work with the existing and significant personalities that are there. In the end, what POP was looking for was a hard-working and unchallenging personality willing to work long hours and submit to those already in place and comfortable in their roles. Oh, and it became clear over time, they want to be able to micro-manage your every decision.

Interview Questions

• Describe your biggest professional weakness and how you have worked to address it.   2 Answers

Negotiation

Brutal. POP is a heavy negotiator and convinces you to take a lower salary with the full expectation of high variable compensation that never turns out to be true. This ultimately led me and many others to leave. POP, unless they resolve it, will always be a revolving door and they seem to be perfectly fine with that fact.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at POP (Seattle, WA) in June 2011.

Interview

5 rounds of interviews with all roles

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Rigid

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at POP (Seattle, WA) in November 2009.

Interview

Interview was pretty straight forward, not very challenging. My recommendation to candidates considering an opportunity here is to really probe on culture and ask about retention and turnover. In hindsight, I don't believe the company was completely honest during the interview and having participated in interviews as an employee I don't believe hiring decisions are always made with the best motivations in mind. I would recommend talking to employees that are no longer with the company to gain a better understanding of fit and role.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Was able to negotiate salary a bit, but comp in general was under-market. Expectations were set that work life balance compensated for lower comp, which proved to be false when I logged 200+ hours in overtime in 3 months.