POPSUGAR Editorial Assistant Interview Questions

Updated May 26, 2015

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at POPSUGAR (San Francisco, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

I e-mailed my resume and cover letter as it said to do on the job posting on their website. Got an e-mail a few days later telling me to submit writing samples based on their prompts. After I submitted at the end of that week, the week after I got a response saying they wanted to set up an in person interview. I went in and met with 2 different people who were involved with the hiring of Editorial Assistants. First one was nice and engaging, asked me questions about my samples. The second one seemed disinterested from her body language and facial expressions. It seemed like she had already made up her mind. I followed up a few days later and only because I followed up was I given the rejection. It seemed like had I not followed up, I would not have heard back. Definitely read the questions people have listed on Glassdoor, as they did come up in my interview!

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for POPSUGAR

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at POPSUGAR (San Francisco, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

I submitted my application for Editorial Assistant and received a follow-up the next day asking me to complete an assignment (create a blog from 6 writing prompts on their blogging platform). I spent a few hours on that, sent it in and received a reply the next day that said they really liked what I had done and asked me if I could come in for an interview the next week. I met with two managers there, spent about an hour speaking to both of them (separately) and thought that the interview went pretty well (albeit a bit rushed). I sent a follow-up the next day thanking them for their time and reaffirming my interest. I never heard back! It's so unprofessional not to even send a reply - rejection or not - at that stage.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at POPSUGAR (San Francisco, CA) in January 2008.

Interview

I was contacted via email and asked to complete a 10 page editorial test complete with bylines, photos, and blog entries. After submitting the document, I was asked to come in for an interview. I was interviewed by the Editor, Managing Editor, and Communications manager. Each person came in separately and asked me the same questions. I was supposed to be interviewed by the CEO as well, but they cut the interview short in the middle because of a "breaking news story" and said the would "call me back" to reschedule. I tried to get in touch with them over the next week and they never answered any of my calls until, 10 days later they finally told me they had hired someone else. Overall, I found the experience negative, and the staff was somewhat condescending and rude.