POWER Engineers Interview Questions

Updated Jun 10, 2015

2.7

Entry-Level Electrical Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at POWER Engineers (Fort Worth, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

Got a call after applying online being asked to come in for interview . The interview panel consists of 5 members : the Hiring manager, 2 Senior Electrical Engineers, 2 Electrical Engineers. Each member come in and out one by one each with their own questions.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Billings, MT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at POWER Engineers (Billings, MT) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied and accepted an Intern position in Substation Physical Design. I applied to a few Intern positions with POWER as far back as a month before I had the interview, and spoke with an employee about the company and job opportunities early on. I then contacted them about a week before our University's Recruitment Fair, to let them know I was interested. After speaking to them in person at the fair, I followed up a week later and they asked me to come down to the office for an interview. It was very laid back and conversational. They spoke a great deal about the work, let me look at some project plans, and then offered me the internship. They were friendly and straightforward. Overall a very positive experience.

Interview Questions

• How many estimated hours of AutoCAD experience do you have?   Answer Question

Electrical Engineer I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at POWER Engineers.

Interview

Initial phone call from HR with basic questions. More detailed call with technical people for about an hour. Brought in to the office for an interview (few hours) with several people from management down to younger staff. A lot was more focused on meeting people at that time, but some technical questions.

Production Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at POWER Engineers.

Interview

Long

Intern Interview

Interview

I got grilled at a career fair, about a half hour of very technical questions. He said he was quizzing my school, not me, but that's not how it felt to me. After many emails, networking, following up I got a behavioral interview with HR. Long behavioral phone interview, tell me a time when etcc etcc.. They had heard I got pretty technical at the career fair so the HR rep wasn't sure if I would have to do another technical interview. Turns out I did, phone call with several people on the other end.. super technical.

Interview Questions

• How do you know that your software program is giving you correct results.   1 Answer

Had other offers with relocation packages and higher pay

Surveyor Interview

Interview

Hiring took nearly a month to get back with me and another month to hire me on. The company is under new management so the interview process is likely different

Electrical Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hailey, ID

Application

I interviewed at POWER Engineers (Hailey, ID) in June 2012.

Interview

Two months after I had applied online, I finally received a phone call from HR. We scheduled a phone interview for later that week. The phone interview was your basic HR type interview. The woman said I did very well at the end of the interview and explained that I would be contacted in the next two weeks to schedule a technical interview. I haven't heard from them since, and the job is still posted on their site over 1 year later.

Interview Questions

• The interview was all HR type questions. What do you look for in a mannager?   Answer Question

Power Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clarkston, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at POWER Engineers (Clarkston, WA) in April 2012.

Interview

The first round was a HR interview, asked about previous experiences, personality questions etc. The second round was an on-site interview consisting of a presentation and a technical interview. The technical interview was on basics of power systems, protection, types of relays and their operation.

Interview Questions

• Explain mho relay, differential relay, overcurrent relays.   Answer Question

Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at POWER Engineers (Boise, ID) in April 2012.

Interview

It was very informal lunch. The man interviewing me had shorts, a tee shirt, and a ball cap on which made me really overdressed. It was an entry level position so there was no technical questions asked. The interview was basically to see if my personality would fit well with his group.

Interview Questions

• No technical or business questions were asked. Probably because this was an entry level position.   Answer Question

Electrical Substation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at POWER Engineers (Boise, ID) in March 2012.

Interview

Initial communication started with a recruiter at school. One week later I was contacted by the company and booked a flight to come out and interview. The interview lasted 8 hours and consisted of numerous one-on-ones with senior engineers and a couple group interviews with other employees. About a month and a half later, I was told I did not receive the job.