POWER Engineers Interview Questions

Updated Feb 19, 2015
Updated Feb 19, 2015

2.6

Electrical Engineer I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at POWER Engineers.

Interview

Initial phone call from HR with basic questions. More detailed call with technical people for about an hour. Brought in to the office for an interview (few hours) with several people from management down to younger staff. A lot was more focused on meeting people at that time, but some technical questions.

Production Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at POWER Engineers.

Interview

Long

Intern Interview

Interview

I got grilled at a career fair, about a half hour of very technical questions. He said he was quizzing my school, not me, but that's not how it felt to me. After many emails, networking, following up I got a behavioral interview with HR. Long behavioral phone interview, tell me a time when etcc etcc.. They had heard I got pretty technical at the career fair so the HR rep wasn't sure if I would have to do another technical interview. Turns out I did, phone call with several people on the other end.. super technical.

Interview Questions

• How do you know that your software program is giving you correct results.   1 Answer

Had other offers with relocation packages and higher pay

Surveyor Interview

Interview

Hiring took nearly a month to get back with me and another month to hire me on. The company is under new management so the interview process is likely different

Electrical Engineer I Interview

Application

interviewed at POWER Engineers (Hailey, ID) in June 2012.

Interview

Two months after I had applied online, I finally received a phone call from HR. We scheduled a phone interview for later that week. The phone interview was your basic HR type interview. The woman said I did very well at the end of the interview and explained that I would be contacted in the next two weeks to schedule a technical interview. I haven't heard from them since, and the job is still posted on their site over 1 year later.

Interview Questions

• The interview was all HR type questions. What do you look for in a mannager?   Answer Question

Power Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at POWER Engineers (Clarkston, WA) in April 2012.

Interview

The first round was a HR interview, asked about previous experiences, personality questions etc. The second round was an on-site interview consisting of a presentation and a technical interview. The technical interview was on basics of power systems, protection, types of relays and their operation.

Interview Questions

• Explain mho relay, differential relay, overcurrent relays.   Answer Question

Engineer I Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at POWER Engineers (Boise, ID) in April 2012.

Interview

It was very informal lunch. The man interviewing me had shorts, a tee shirt, and a ball cap on which made me really overdressed. It was an entry level position so there was no technical questions asked. The interview was basically to see if my personality would fit well with his group.

Interview Questions

• No technical or business questions were asked. Probably because this was an entry level position.   Answer Question

Electrical Substation Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at POWER Engineers (Boise, ID) in March 2012.

Interview

Initial communication started with a recruiter at school. One week later I was contacted by the company and booked a flight to come out and interview. The interview lasted 8 hours and consisted of numerous one-on-ones with senior engineers and a couple group interviews with other employees. About a month and a half later, I was told I did not receive the job.

IT Support Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at POWER Engineers (Boise, ID) in November 2011.

Interview

Simple verbal interview.
    Great HR rep prepped me on culture and presentation as it was much different than other places and that made an impact on me from the start.
    Very simple informal interview.
    Expectations were laid out immediately growth options and opportunities and such were all very straightforward.
    Pay offer was much higher than similar places in this area, even though cost of living is low in Boise.

Interview Questions

• Not so much a question. But the culture is so relaxed and work driven, it is hard to not overdress for the interview or stress when you shouldn't.
      Power cares about the work you do, not your clothes and such.

1 Answer

Negotiation

Simple and initial offer was outstanding with reasoning for amount and raise opportunities and progression made clear immediately.

Engineering Interview

Application

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at POWER Engineers (Boise, ID) in August 2011.

Interview

I applied for a position through their website. Afterward, about a week and a half later, I exchanged emails with the hiring manager over a two week period and he called me the following week. The interview seemed awkward because he didn't seem to understand the concepts behind some of the technical questions he asked me - at times it seemed like I knew more about the discipline than he did. Ultimately he called back to make me an offer.

Interview Questions

I declined the offer based on the reviews I read on Glassdoor and things colleagues who knew the company had told me.