POWER Engineers Interview Questions & Reviews

2.6

Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boise, ID
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at POWER Engineers in April 2012.

It was very informal lunch. The man interviewing me had shorts, a tee shirt, and a ball cap on which made me really overdressed. It was an entry level position so there was no technical questions asked. The interview was basically to see if my personality would fit well with his group.

Interview Questions
    • No technical or business questions were asked. Probably because this was an entry level position.   Answer Question

Production Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at POWER Engineers.

Long

Intern Interview

I got grilled at a career fair, about a half hour of very technical questions. He said he was quizzing my school, not me, but that's not how it felt to me. After many emails, networking, following up I got a behavioral interview with HR. Long behavioral phone interview, tell me a time when etcc etcc.. They had heard I got pretty technical at the career fair so the HR rep wasn't sure if I would have to do another technical interview. Turns out I did, phone call with several people on the other end.. super technical.

Interview Questions
    • How do you know that your software program is giving you correct results.   View Answer

Had other offers with relocation packages and higher pay

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Portland, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at POWER Engineers in June 2010.

Standard phone call followed by informal in-person interview

Interview Questions
    They play dumb about how much an engineer should really make.

Surveyor Interview

Hiring took nearly a month to get back with me and another month to hire me on. The company is under new management so the interview process is likely different

Electrical Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Hailey, ID
    Anonymous Employee in Hailey, ID

interviewed at POWER Engineers in June 2012.

Two months after I had applied online, I finally received a phone call from HR. We scheduled a phone interview for later that week. The phone interview was your basic HR type interview. The woman said I did very well at the end of the interview and explained that I would be contacted in the next two weeks to schedule a technical interview. I haven't heard from them since, and the job is still posted on their site over 1 year later.

Interview Questions
    • The interview was all HR type questions. What do you look for in a mannager?   Answer Question

IT Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boise, ID
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at POWER Engineers in November 2011.

Simple verbal interview.
    Great HR rep prepped me on culture and presentation as it was much different than other places and that made an impact on me from the start.
    Very simple informal interview.
    Expectations were laid out immediately growth options and opportunities and such were all very straightforward.
    Pay offer was much higher than similar places in this area, even though cost of living is low in Boise.

Interview Questions
    • Not so much a question. But the culture is so relaxed and work driven, it is hard to not overdress for the interview or stress when you shouldn't.
      Power cares about the work you do, not your clothes and such.
        View Answer
    Simple and initial offer was outstanding with reasoning for amount and raise opportunities and progression made clear immediately.

Power Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Clarkston, WA
    Anonymous Employee in Clarkston, WA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 days - interviewed at POWER Engineers in April 2012.

The first round was a HR interview, asked about previous experiences, personality questions etc. The second round was an on-site interview consisting of a presentation and a technical interview. The technical interview was on basics of power systems, protection, types of relays and their operation.

Interview Questions
    • Explain mho relay, differential relay, overcurrent relays.   Answer Question

Electrical Substation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Boise, ID
    Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID

The process took 2 months - interviewed at POWER Engineers in March 2012.

Initial communication started with a recruiter at school. One week later I was contacted by the company and booked a flight to come out and interview. The interview lasted 8 hours and consisted of numerous one-on-ones with senior engineers and a couple group interviews with other employees. About a month and a half later, I was told I did not receive the job.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Boise, ID
    Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID

The process took 1+ week - interviewed at POWER Engineers in August 2011.

I applied for a position through their website. Afterward, about a week and a half later, I exchanged emails with the hiring manager over a two week period and he called me the following week. The interview seemed awkward because he didn't seem to understand the concepts behind some of the technical questions he asked me - at times it seemed like I knew more about the discipline than he did. Ultimately he called back to make me an offer.

Interview Questions

I declined the offer based on the reviews I read on Glassdoor and things colleagues who knew the company had told me.

Worked for POWER Engineers? Contribute to the Community!