PPG

Average Difficulty
4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sylmar, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at PPG in May 2013.

Interview Details – For many positions, you are hired as a contractor anymore. And depending on the position, the contract length varies tremendously. You will possibly be interviewed twice. First time, with a group of 4-5 people. General skills, education, professional experiences will be assessed. The second interview will be more specific to job function - if you get the second, you get the job. The management is extremely fair and open minded, oriented to solutions and quality as well as safety.

Interview Question – Explain in detail previous experience that had nothing to do with current and how it can be brought into the company?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Not much room but managed to get more than I expected

Engineering Interview

Engineering
Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at PPG in November 2011.

Interview Details – First interview was on-campus, during the career fair. Later, I was called for the on-site interview which consisted of three 1:1 interview. Overall, the interviewers were friendly and the travel process was well-planned by the company.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself   Answer Question

Circleville, OH

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at PPG in December 2008.

Interview Details – Came to college campus, interviewed with HR manager. Went to Pittsburg. Had three one on one interviews.

Interview Question – Give me a time when you led a team   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Better Job offer

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Engineer

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at PPG.

Interview Details – Two over the phone interviews and a resume review interview

Interview Question – n/a   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – This was my first ever internship so I did no negotiating. I just took what they gave me, which was a very good deal.

Worked for PPG? Contribute to the Community!