PPG

Relevance Date Difficulty

Raw Materials Assistant [C] Interview

Raw Materials Assistant [C]
Allison Park, PA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at PPG in May 2013.

Interview Details – I originally interviewed with a well-known contracting firm. Then, I had an interview at PPG with 2 supervisors. The interview at PPG was basic. Questions included: describe a challenge and how you over came it, how do you prioritize your tasks. They contacted the contracting firm by the next day to make an offer.

Interview Question – How do you deal with stress?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no opportunity for negotiation. The position is on contract for one year with opportunity to stay much longer (as a contractor).

Territory Manager Interview

Territory Manager
Denver, CO

I applied online and interviewed at PPG.

Interview Details – Bait and switch all the way. Nothing special in the way of questions. They seem to be looking for desperate people.

Interview Question – Standard stuff. What can you do for us? Why should I hire you over the next person yada yada.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Take it or leave it.

Territory Manager Interview

Territory Manager

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at PPG.

Interview Details – Standard on line application. Contacted by hiring manager within one week. When PPG is hiring they are really just looking for warm bodies that can pass a drug test (hair sample required not urine) and have no felonies and yes they will also run your credit report. Chapter 11 is a deal breaker.

Interview Question – Pretty standard interview. The Regional Managers are not hired for their brains. They are looking for yes men mostly.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I tried to negotiate a better salary but was denied. No conversation other than putting a value on the company car and somehow tying that to your salary. I had to take the job though.

Human Resources Interview

Human Resources

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at PPG.

Interview Details – Recruiters from Pittsburgh flew out and selected applicants for on campus interviews. I heard back from them about a week after the interview.

Interview Question – Interview began conversational and then transitioned to behavioral questions looking for answers in the STAR format.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Our university does not allow us to negotiate our internship salary but I felt as though the salary along with the $1,000 housing stipend was fair.

ADM Interview

ADM
Boston, MA

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at PPG in July 2009.

Interview Details – Interview process was relatively painless. Since this position was an outside role, I had the opportunity to meet with the local area managers to discuss job details and expectations in person.

Response time was adequate and I was able to begin the job within 1 week of the final interview (two interviews total).

You are required to take a personality test as well as pass background and drug screening.

As a note, it definitely helps to have someone you know already employed with PPG.

Interview Question – None. Interview process was very easy. Just be prepared and look professional like any other interview.   Answer Question

Assistant Channel Manager Interview

Assistant Channel Manager
Strongsville, OH

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PPG in May 2010.

Interview Details – 3 interviews, one with the channel team manager, one with the channel director and one with HR. The channels are the retailer accounts. This is almost an account manager type role. Very confident people and respond well to confidence in turn. Great group of people. Very talented, bring your A game!

Interview Question – Explain a time when you overcame adversity and how.   Answer Question

QC Lab Technician Interview

QC Lab Technician
Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 5 days - interviewed at PPG.

Interview Details – The hiring process is easy for contractors. One interview with about four to five managers. Send a follow up email and you have a good chance of getting in.

Interview Question – They might ask you difficult questions about research.   Answer Question

Lab Technician Interview

Lab Technician
Oak Creek, WI

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at PPG in October 2013.

Interview Details – Not a very hard interview, although the job sounded like it was just mixing paints and doing physical tests on the paints, such as viscosity, etc. Basic questions like do you have experience working in team, do you have any work experience, can you give us a reader's digest version of your thesis, etc.

Interview Question – What interests you about this position   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at PPG in August 2013.

Interview Details – Very thorough process with HR and Line Management

Interview Question – Would I re locate to China.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at PPG in September 2012.

Interview Details – Just a simple interview, what my schedule was and the job description.

Interviews for Top Jobs at PPG