PPG Interview Questions

2.7

Forklift Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carrollton, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Carrollton, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at PPG.

The hiring and interview process was good. They asked very good work ethic questions. The person that interviewed me was very knowledgeable and welcoming. A very pleasant person to speak to. I didn't feel nervous once the process began.

Chemist Contract Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springdale, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springdale, PA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at PPG in May 2014.

Interview was initiated by my recruiter and was setup for the following week. Interview began with possible supervisor with questions about my resume. Many bullet points of each of previous careers were discussed and leadership experience was discussed. The interview was continued with two more supervisors that consisted of similar questions and discussion. All the interviewing individuals were extremely friendly and easy to talk to. The interview ended with a call back window of 2-3 weeks. An offer was extended the following day and a 3 week process followed with drug test, background check, and physical. Some of these were required by the staffing agency. Overall the experience was very positive and I would recommend this company to anyone pursuing a technical career.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were very straight forward and no unexpected questions were asked.   Answer Question

Marketing Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at PPG in May 2014.

Multi-interview process, starting with an outside corporate recruiter. Next interview is with the direct supervisor. Next interview is one level above this supervisor. Overall process appears to take multiple months. All people are friendly and professional.

Interview Questions
    • Name a specific marketing challenge you faced in your last position and how you resolved it.   Answer Question

EHS Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at PPG.

Four rounds of interviews. This included an initial phone screen. Second round was with the HR Manager and Plant Manager, third round was with plant leadership team and corporate EHS Manager for the Business Unit, and the third round was with the Plant Manager's boss and the corporate HR Manager.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me how well you work with others?, How do you roll out new programs?   Answer Question
    Did not negotiate.

Contract Employee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sylmar, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sylmar, CA

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at PPG in April 2014.

A series of arbitrary tests that evaluate comprehension and nothing else. There is no interview, I even asked specifically if there was an interview portion of the hiring process and they told me that their "tests will show us all we need to know."

There wasn't one.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at PPG in April 2014.

Applied online in late March and received an automated request for references a few weeks later. A few weeks after the reference request I was asked to come in for their testing, which they said they use to weed out applicants for positions that they receive many applicants for. A week after that I was called in for a first-round interview and several days later I was asked to come in and interview again the next week. I received my offer about 2-3 days after my second interview.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing out of the ordinary. Interviews were mostly conversational, which I prefer to the generic "tell me about a time you..." type of questions.   Answer Question
    They said they were limited on what they were able to offer me, so I did not try to negotiate, but I wouldn't suggest not trying to negotiate.

Pro Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edison, NJ
    Anonymous Employee in Edison, NJ

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at PPG in March 2014.

Once an application is submitted online, they give you an initial phone interview to see if you have any transferrable skills. Once you pass that they setup up an interview with the HR department with another sales manager in tow. It was a basic interview with no outlandish questions. They want to see if you meet their qualifications for the position.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected. They ask you to describe your previous experiences and how that would relate to the position offered.   Answer Question

Technical Leadership Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at PPG in February 2014.

Incredibly professional and courteous. It was a great experience

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you failed and how you recovered.   Answer Question
    easy, professional

Human Resources Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at PPG.

Recruiters from Pittsburgh flew out and selected applicants for on campus interviews. I heard back from them about a week after the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Interview began conversational and then transitioned to behavioral questions looking for answers in the STAR format.   Answer Question
    Our university does not allow us to negotiate our internship salary but I felt as though the salary along with the $1,000 housing stipend was fair.

QC Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at PPG.

The hiring process is easy for contractors. One interview with about four to five managers. Send a follow up email and you have a good chance of getting in.

Interview Questions
    • They might ask you difficult questions about research.   Answer Question