PPG

2.7

Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oak Creek, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oak Creek, WI

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at PPG in October 2013.

Not a very hard interview, although the job sounded like it was just mixing paints and doing physical tests on the paints, such as viscosity, etc. Basic questions like do you have experience working in team, do you have any work experience, can you give us a reader's digest version of your thesis, etc.

Customer Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at PPG in October 2013.

This was your standard interview process in terms of questions. Things like, how would you approach this situation, has this ever happened to you, and such. Everything now and then they will ask a personal question, or start talking about their life and family. Be ready though, the interview is about half a day, and every hour or so, you will be walking around the plant talking to different managers.

Interview Questions
    • There really isnt a most difficult questions, however for the position I applied for, be sure to know everything there is about networking, even questions that wouldnt actually be beneficial to know working there.   Answer Question

Accounting/Finance Internship Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at PPG.

First had an on campus interview, very pleasant and basic. Behavioral based questions, didn't expect me to know too much about the company considering it's a manufacturing company and doesn't do a ton of marketing. Then I had a site visit where I met with 5-6 interviewers, each lasted about 30 minutes. Very basic, very friendly.

Territory Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online – interviewed at PPG in September 2013.

Apply on line. Get a phone interview. Get a face to face. Have your pulse taken. Get a job offer. Take a hair follicle drug test. Apply for a company credit card. Get sent polo shirts that are the wrong size for you.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing. Typical scripted interview questions. Why should I hire you?   Answer Question
    They low ball you on the offer. You are shocked. They don't budge. Take it or leave it.

Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at PPG.

consisted of phone interview with DM, and a visit with HR head, and a 1 -1 interview with the store manager.

Interview Questions
    • If you saw your manager taking something without paying, what would you do?   Answer Question

QC Lab Tech Interview

I was first asked to come in to take an aptitude test. They only interview candidates who pass this test. I was called for an in person interview which only lasted about 30 minutes. I was called a month later and offered the position.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at PPG in August 2013.

Very thorough process with HR and Line Management

Manager Interview

The interview process is simple and pretty quick, they require a hair follicle drug screen which is a little different... But no complaints otherwise.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation, but the company is very willing to negotiate salary and vacation to acquire talent.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sylmar, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sylmar, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at PPG in May 2013.

For many positions, you are hired as a contractor anymore. And depending on the position, the contract length varies tremendously. You will possibly be interviewed twice. First time, with a group of 4-5 people. General skills, education, professional experiences will be assessed. The second interview will be more specific to job function - if you get the second, you get the job. The management is extremely fair and open minded, oriented to solutions and quality as well as safety.

Interview Questions
    • Explain in detail previous experience that had nothing to do with current and how it can be brought into the company?   View Answer
    Not much room but managed to get more than I expected

Raw Materials Assistant [C] Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Allison Park, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Allison Park, PA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at PPG in May 2013.

I originally interviewed with a well-known contracting firm. Then, I had an interview at PPG with 2 supervisors. The interview at PPG was basic. Questions included: describe a challenge and how you over came it, how do you prioritize your tasks. They contacted the contracting firm by the next day to make an offer.

Interview Questions
    There was no opportunity for negotiation. The position is on contract for one year with opportunity to stay much longer (as a contractor).