PPG

2 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at PPG.

Interview Details – Be positive of your experinces. Prove your are eager to learn , cooperative, that your a self starter, that you embrace change and new polities or technologies, that your curious, professional, and you follow guidlines and would blow a whistle in a heartbeat if someone else failed to follow the rules.

Interview Question – When is a time your had to implement a policy you did not agree with. What was your challanges.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They gave me an offer, I asked for more, they said no.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager
Knoxville, TN

I applied through other source and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at PPG in August 2011.

Interview Details – I found the Store Manager position as a "CDP Trainee" aka: Store management program. I found who was in charge of interviewing for that store and sent emails to that person. The person was very responsive and helpful, we set up a phone interview. During phone interview, the interviewer was very honest about the job although, I did not ask the right questions. The person did not explain how many hours he required his managers to work. I was flown out to have an in-person interview and was offered the job approximately one week later.

Interview Question – After visiting the store I would eventually take over, I was asked; "So, how would you turn that store around?".   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation really, it was a take it or leave it offer. Looking back now, I should have negotiated a higher pay.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at PPG

Worked for PPG? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at PPG Store Manager interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by PPG employees and interview candidates.