PPL Electric

Updated Nov 28, 2014
Updated Nov 28, 2014

2.9

Engineer Interview

interviewed at PPL Electric in July 2014.

I applied in April and was called in July to come in for an interview. The HR representative was very unprofessional through the entire process and even texted my personal cell phone asking to move the interview date. My interview went fairly well and involved meeting with 2 supervisors and 5 behavioral questions. After the interview i was told I would hear back in a few weeks. To this day (November), I have not heard anything and every email I send to the HR representative he has passively answered or ignored my questions.

Interview Questions
    • Explain to me about a time where you had to decide between performing a task quickly or the most efficiently.   Answer Question

Supply Chain Intern Interview

First round interview only lasted 15 minutes or so. Was contacted a few days later saying they would let me know soon and then was contacted again asking for a second interview. Not sure if second interview is standard or not. Second interview was about 30 minutes and was more of a conversation than just question and answers

Interview Questions
    • "Tell me about a time where you solved a problem incorrectly and had to go back and do it again"   Answer Question

Engineering Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at PPL Electric.

Started off by asking what you know about the company, then gave a basic overview of what the company actually does. Also asked to describe previous experience and courses taken. Then 3 behavioral interview questions were asked. Overall the interview was not very technical in nature, definitely more behavioral based. The interviewers frequently asked if I had any questions so make sure you have questions prepared.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a specific situation where you delegated a task to others?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at PPL Electric.

STAR format

Customer Service Interview

There was one interview that took about a half hour.

Interview Questions
    • If someone asked you why you like to work here and you didn't what would you say.   View Answer

Summer Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at PPL Electric.

Met recruiters at on-campus career fair and applied online. HR requested a phone interview that lasted 50 min and gave overview of hiring process, asked resume questions, 'tell us about yourself', and the behavioral questions. Time was given for me to ask questions as well.

Interview Questions
    • When is a time you had to motivate a group of people to do something they didn't want to do?   Answer Question

Summer Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at PPL Electric in October 2013.

It was an interview at my university (University of Maryland, College Park.) The interviewer was an easy-going person. He talked about the company and what they do in general, then asked me questions. They ask behavioral questions like "describe a time when ...?" Then you should answer with a specific example of how you have demonstrated certain behaviors or skills.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you did not have enough time to finish a project. What did you do to achieve your goal?   Answer Question

Intern - Business Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Allentown, PA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PPL Electric.

I applied online and was contacted about 3 weeks later for a 30-minute phone interview. This interview focused on behavioral questions and my career goals because I didn't have any prior professional experience. Afterwards, I was contacted for an in-person interview. These questions were more about topics I'd encounter and work on throughout the internship. About a week later, I was offered the position.

Interview Questions
    • Explain all the costs involved when developing a power plant.   Answer Question
    They offer an hourly, non-negociable wage of $17.40 and you are expected to work 40 hours per week.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Allentown, PA

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at PPL Electric in October 2012.

Submitted application online then heard from HR within a month or two. Received an email from college relations stating my resume would be forwarded to the hiring managers. Received a phone call out of the blue from my supervisor. I scheduled a phone interview and was given an offer within 3 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time when you encountered unexpected results.   Answer Question
    No negotiation possible

Elec/Mechanical Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Penn, PA
    Anonymous Employee in Penn, PA

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at PPL Electric in August 2010.

Too many questions on salary expectations