PPL Electric

Relevance Date Difficulty

Supply Chain Intern Interview

Supply Chain Intern

Interviewed at PPL Electric

Interview Details – First round interview only lasted 15 minutes or so. Was contacted a few days later saying they would let me know soon and then was contacted again asking for a second interview. Not sure if second interview is standard or not. Second interview was about 30 minutes and was more of a conversation than just question and answers

Interview Question – "Tell me about a time where you solved a problem incorrectly and had to go back and do it again"   Answer Question

Engineering Intern Interview

Engineering Intern

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at PPL Electric.

Interview Details – Started off by asking what you know about the company, then gave a basic overview of what the company actually does. Also asked to describe previous experience and courses taken. Then 3 behavioral interview questions were asked. Overall the interview was not very technical in nature, definitely more behavioral based. The interviewers frequently asked if I had any questions so make sure you have questions prepared.

Interview Question – Describe a specific situation where you delegated a task to others?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied online and interviewed at PPL Electric.

Interview Details – STAR format

Interview Question – Name group projects you worked on in the past   Answer Question

Customer Service Interview

Customer Service

Interviewed at PPL Electric

Interview Details – There was one interview that took about a half hour.

Interview Question – If someone asked you why you like to work here and you didn't what would you say.   View Answer

Summer Intern Interview

Summer Intern

I applied through college or university - interviewed at PPL Electric in October 2013.

Interview Details – It was an interview at my university (University of Maryland, College Park.) The interviewer was an easy-going person. He talked about the company and what they do in general, then asked me questions. They ask behavioral questions like "describe a time when ...?" Then you should answer with a specific example of how you have demonstrated certain behaviors or skills.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you did not have enough time to finish a project. What did you do to achieve your goal?   Answer Question

Summer Intern Interview

Summer Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at PPL Electric.

Interview Details – Met recruiters at on-campus career fair and applied online. HR requested a phone interview that lasted 50 min and gave overview of hiring process, asked resume questions, 'tell us about yourself', and the behavioral questions. Time was given for me to ask questions as well.

Interview Question – When is a time you had to motivate a group of people to do something they didn't want to do?   Answer Question

Information Assurance Analyst Interview

Information Assurance Analyst
Allentown, PA

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at PPL Electric in March 2009.

Interview Details – Interviewed with HR department, no direct interviews with the Information Assurance team. Was based on high school/college experience. There were a lot of the typical interview questions (i.e. Tell us about a time when you had a problem and you overcame it).

The team was all very friendly, and the internship process was as a group.

Interview Question – Tell us about a time when you had to admit you were wrong.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Took the offered salary.

Intern Interview

Intern
Allentown, PA

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at PPL Electric in October 2012.

Interview Details – Submitted application online then heard from HR within a month or two. Received an email from college relations stating my resume would be forwarded to the hiring managers. Received a phone call out of the blue from my supervisor. I scheduled a phone interview and was given an offer within 3 weeks.

Interview Question – Tell us about a time when you encountered unexpected results.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation possible

Intern - Business Associate Interview

Intern - Business Associate
Allentown, PA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at PPL Electric.

Interview Details – I applied online and was contacted about 3 weeks later for a 30-minute phone interview. This interview focused on behavioral questions and my career goals because I didn't have any prior professional experience. Afterwards, I was contacted for an in-person interview. These questions were more about topics I'd encounter and work on throughout the internship. About a week later, I was offered the position.

Interview Question – Explain all the costs involved when developing a power plant.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They offer an hourly, non-negociable wage of $17.40 and you are expected to work 40 hours per week.

Applications Developer Interview

Applications Developer
Allentown, PA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 6 months - interviewed at PPL Electric in July 2008.

Interview Details – The hiring process at PPL is a lengthy one. From first contact by a staffing agency until I started was six months. I was given technical testing and interviewed by the staffing agency and then three separate interviews by PPL. The first was a one-hour phone interview, the second was a half day with HR, and the last was a technical interview by the team lead whom I ended up working with. It was also technical.

Be patient and be yourself during the interview. If you are sitting there, you obviously have something that interests them. Do not be afraid to say you don't know the answer.

Interview Question – All of the questions were pretty much routine. Why do you want to work for PPL? Why do you want to leave your current employer? Where do you see yourself in five years? I was also ABSOLUTELY grilled with detailed technical questions. If you don't REALLY know something, do not put it on your resume.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The offer they gave me was pretty solid. It was actually a pay cut, but they gave me a signing bonus to make up the difference for the first year. The offer was in writing, and they gave me a week. I accepted it the next day.

Worked for PPL Electric? Contribute to the Community!