PPL

Updated Jan 16, 2015
Updated Jan 16, 2015

Real Estate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Allentown, PA

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PPL.

First I went throughout a phone interview with HR to see if I was interested and qualified. Then there was a phone interview with the hiring manager and one other who asked me about my experience and reviewed my resume. Then I had a face to face interview with four attendees including two employees, the hiring manager, and the director.

Interview Questions
    • All questions asked were expected and none of them really threw a curve ball. They were all basic and the employees gave ample time to listen and allow me to think of the answer I wanted to give.   Answer Question
    Negotiations were handled through the HR rep who acted as a middle-man between me and the hiring manager.

Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at PPL.

Phone interview - behavioral style. They follow the STAR format - situation, task, action, results. Usually 3 questions, plus whatever the interviewer wants to add.

Interview Questions
    • What is the hardest excel problem you have ever solved   Answer Question

Summer Intern Interview

Tell us about yourself.
    What was your favorite class?
    What was your least favorite class?
    What makes you different from other applicants?
    Tell us about a time you didn’t get along with someone.
    What’s your proudest accomplishment?
    How do you keep organized and manage your time?

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time you came up with a procedure yourself, and then creatively implemented it somewhere else.   Answer Question

GIS Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Allentown, PA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PPL in May 2013.

PPL contacted me during my final week of college and worked around my finals schedule to arrange an interview for PPL Electric Utilities. Questions were fairly standard and when I was unfamiliar with their STAR protocol both hiring managers took ample time explaining. The interview lasted about an hour and seemed to focus on one's ability to survive in a high stress work place. Hiring managers would take turns asking questions and frequently change the direction of conversation, presumably to gauge reaction to shifting circumstances.

Interview Questions
    • What was the most stressful experience of your life, not necessarily work related?   View Answer
    I was unable to negotiate, the starting salary was offered as take it or leave it.

I applied online – interviewed at PPL in March 2013.

Had a phone interview

Interview Questions
    • Here are all the questions I was asked:

Tell us about yourself.
      What was your favorite class?
      What was your least favorite class?
      What makes you different from other applicants?
      Tell us about a time you didn’t get along with someone.
      What’s your proudest accomplishment?
      How do you keep organized and manage your time?

Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at PPL in November 2011.

Applied online in September for a spring (January to May) internship. Received a call to discuss my interest in the position particularly my ability to complete an internship in Allentown due to the distance of my school. Was then scheduled for a 30 minute behavioral based phone interview with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions
    • How do you manage your time?
      Describe how you deal with people who can be difficult.

Answer Question
    Offered the standard intern rate based on year in school and major.

Job Description Was Not Provided During Interview Interview

Anonymous Employee in Allentown, PA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PPL in June 2011.

I was a temporary employer through Quad 656, then hired as a Spec Pro thru PPL. That was a contracted position. The interview process was arranged by Quad 656 member. I met with PPL HR Manager and three members from the Energy Services and Infrastructure team. Job function was really not discussed. Primary questions were based on working as a team with other members of the department, job duties described as Administrative Assistant.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were based on situations arising with team members and how you would handle situations. Such as, if someone was talking to to you long, how would you tell them you want to get back to work? Or if another team member needs your help, would you be able to multi-task to complete your job and also help your team member? How would you react to having to respond to the President of the department if he needed your help?   View Answer

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Allentown, PA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at PPL in June 2011.

First I sat with HR. HR described the benefits, the screening process (drugs, background, degree verification, employment verification) the career path the projects and the wages. He then introduced me to some of the staff. Finally I sat with a manager and a director and spent several hours talking about the power market and software development. I explained my understanding of OTC financial products and structured products.

WAGES

Credit Risk Interview

I applied online – interviewed at PPL.

Only one phone interview with basic fit and some light technical questions

Senior Quantitative Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at PPL in November 2011.

i got call through consultancy and gave appointment . later got interviewed morning to evening . Finally after two days selected for the post........