PPL

Relevance Date Difficulty

GIS Analyst Interview

GIS Analyst
Allentown, PA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PPL in May 2013.

Interview Details – PPL contacted me during my final week of college and worked around my finals schedule to arrange an interview for PPL Electric Utilities. Questions were fairly standard and when I was unfamiliar with their STAR protocol both hiring managers took ample time explaining. The interview lasted about an hour and seemed to focus on one's ability to survive in a high stress work place. Hiring managers would take turns asking questions and frequently change the direction of conversation, presumably to gauge reaction to shifting circumstances.

Interview Question – What was the most stressful experience of your life, not necessarily work related?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was unable to negotiate, the starting salary was offered as take it or leave it.

Job Description Was Not Provided During Interview Interview

Job Description Was Not Provided During Interview
Allentown, PA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at PPL in June 2011.

Interview Details – I was a temporary employer through Quad 656, then hired as a Spec Pro thru PPL. That was a contracted position. The interview process was arranged by Quad 656 member. I met with PPL HR Manager and three members from the Energy Services and Infrastructure team. Job function was really not discussed. Primary questions were based on working as a team with other members of the department, job duties described as Administrative Assistant.

Interview Question – Questions were based on situations arising with team members and how you would handle situations. Such as, if someone was talking to to you long, how would you tell them you want to get back to work? Or if another team member needs your help, would you be able to multi-task to complete your job and also help your team member? How would you react to having to respond to the President of the department if he needed your help?   View Answer

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied online and interviewed at PPL.

Interview Details – Phone interview - behavioral style. They follow the STAR format - situation, task, action, results. Usually 3 questions, plus whatever the interviewer wants to add.

Interview Question – What is the hardest excel problem you have ever solved   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Summer Intern Interview

Summer Intern

I applied online and interviewed at PPL.

Interview Details – Tell us about yourself.
What was your favorite class?
What was your least favorite class?
What makes you different from other applicants?
Tell us about a time you didn’t get along with someone.
What’s your proudest accomplishment?
How do you keep organized and manage your time?

Interview Question – Tell us about a time you came up with a procedure yourself, and then creatively implemented it somewhere else.   Answer Question

Summer Intern/Cooperative Associate - Marketing Research Position Interview

Summer Intern/Cooperative Associate - Marketing Research Position

I applied online - interviewed at PPL in March 2013.

Interview Details – Had a phone interview

Interview Question – Here are all the questions I was asked:

Tell us about yourself.
What was your favorite class?
What was your least favorite class?
What makes you different from other applicants?
Tell us about a time you didn’t get along with someone.
What’s your proudest accomplishment?
How do you keep organized and manage your time?
  Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Systems Analyst Interview

Systems Analyst
Allentown, PA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at PPL in June 2011.

Interview Details – First I sat with HR. HR described the benefits, the screening process (drugs, background, degree verification, employment verification) the career path the projects and the wages. He then introduced me to some of the staff. Finally I sat with a manager and a director and spent several hours talking about the power market and software development. I explained my understanding of OTC financial products and structured products.

Interview Question – What is your view of the power market   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – WAGES

Contract Administrator Interview

Contract Administrator

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at PPL in October 2008.

Interview Details – From submitting resume on-line to interview, there was a nearly 6 week gap. Interview was done by a panel at the office. They called my references. Offer was given within 10 days of interview.

Interview Question – Questions were provided ahead of time, but actual questions asked during the interview were different.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Salary & benefits were offered along with re-location services.

Credit Risk Interview

Credit Risk

I applied online and interviewed at PPL.

Interview Details – Only one phone interview with basic fit and some light technical questions

Interview Question – Where the EU market will be at in 5 years   Answer Question

Senior Quantitative Analyst Interview

Senior Quantitative Analyst
Hyderābād (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 days - interviewed at PPL in November 2011.

Interview Details – i got call through consultancy and gave appointment . later got interviewed morning to evening . Finally after two days selected for the post........

Sourcing Intern Interview

Sourcing Intern

The process took a day - interviewed at PPL in April 2008.

Interview Details – Hiring process was simple and straightforward. Submitted resume, had a phone screen, and a 1:1 interview.

Interview Questions

Worked for PPL? Contribute to the Community!