PR Newswire Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated May 28, 2014
10 interviews

3.6

Assistant Editor Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at PR Newswire.

Had 3 interviews, on three different days. Each at increasing seniority level and they were thorough albeit we kept getting interrupted. No phone interviews. All were in person. Once I was called for an interview, the process was really quick. I would get called in the evening to come in the next day and it didn't seem flexible at all. Once final interview was done, I was on the job in two weeks.

Interview Questions
    • One member gave a question regarding a fast a food chain. He asked why I thought the cashier offered me fries with my burger each time I ordered. What was the cashiers motivation for doing that.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. Just a spell out of terms and then a start date

Account Manager Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 6 months - interviewed at PR Newswire.

Detailed and honest introductory pre-interview discussions. Multiple real-world situations to prepare for and present on (for a field rep position). Lengthy process but worth it - weeds out a lot.

I was not able to negotiate - base level was fixed and it was above fair vs. other employers.

Billing, Customer Service and Sales Support Interview

I interviewed through other source. The process took 2 days - interviewed at PR Newswire in April 2014.

The recruiter found my resume on CareerBuilder and reached out to me via email. It was an outside agency whose recruiter doesn't even know how to conduct interviews. She was using a cell and the call dropped. Then on top of that she started the interview by saying do you have any questions. Interviews usually start with some introduction not this one. At the end when I tried to negotiate salary she attacked my resume.

Interview Questions

Salary mentioned was way below market rate and not attractive at all. Up to $40000.

Customer Content Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cleveland, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

I interviewed online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at PR Newswire in September 2011.

I applied online. Had a phone interview with an agency before coming in for a live interview. There is an editing test. Standard questions about experience, skills, relevant background. At one point they tried to talk me out of taking the job. "It's stressful, there's a lot of overtime, you have to work some holidays," etc. I think that they were just trying to make sure I knew that it wasn't a cakewalk job.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me to describe a time I had gone above a superior to handle a situation. There are times on this job where clients are making demands of you that you almost want to say "sure, whatever you want just to calm you down." At this point, the company wants most of us to be able to handle that kind of thing without seeking a manager's input, so I think they were gauging my willingness to do things like that.   Answer Question
    Salary isn't negotiable, but it increases $1,500 after 3 month probation period. After a year, you are generally eligible to be promoted, and salary jumps again. Entry level probationary salary is $30,000; $31,500 after 3 months; $35,000 after one year. Good benefits.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Cleveland, OH
    Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

I interviewed online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at PR Newswire in February 2013.

HORRENDOUS. They use an outside recruiting agency (Wilson Human Capital Group) that attempts to prep you for the face to face. They requested that I completely revamp my resume in a specific format and plain times roman font as the manager was very particular. They forewarned me that the interviewer could be eccentric/difficult. They specifically requested that I prepare a digital sales presentation to deliver at the interview, that I arrive early and that I be in a dark professional business suit. Finally, after 8 weeks and 4 pre-interviews, I made it to face to face. Interviewer was late, dressed very casually in brown corduroys, sweater and orange clogs. She was very demeaning. I delivered the presentation on an iPad that I worked on diligently. I also had the proposal in color print hard copy and professionally bound. I was highly criticized. The interviewer said that I "misunderstood" the directions...that I was supposed to sell her on PR Newswire. Later, at home I double checked my email. Indeed, I was specifically asked to prepare a sales presentation. Think about who your managers are talking to. For a PR Company to have a manager this unprofessional is concerning. At the very least, she could have offered to cover my parking. Very lengthy, humiliating and disappointing interview process. Silver linings: I invested in a great Ann Taylor suit! Hallelujah that I will never work for PR Newswire!

Interview Questions
    • 1.) "I don't need your resume...I am just going to throw it in the garbage anyway". 2.) "Great...you want water...now I have to find a cup" 3.) "I struck out today with all 3 Cleveland candidates today...now I have to come back to Cleveland" 4.) Let's wrap this up...my flight back to Charlotte leaves at 6pm".   View Answer

Senior Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Albuquerque, NM
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albuquerque, NM

I interviewed online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at PR Newswire in July 2009.

Most applicants are recent college graduates. There is an initial phone screening done by an outside company that has little information about the actual job. Once the phone interview is passed a first and usually second interview will take place afterwords usually perfomed by a manager. Pretty standard interview process.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were pretty standard. Interviewer is trying to get an idea of long-term goals and if you are actually interested in the specific job or just want "any" job. They want to know that you are comfortable on the phone and with problem solving as the internal system is glitchy and frequently crashes.   Answer Question
    Salary was non-negotiable. There is a lot of vacation time and your salary increases by $1500 after the first 3 months.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at PR Newswire in March 2009.

I was asked to analyze a project management situation and determine the best approach. I was e-mailed the document beforehand and sent it back before the interview. Then I was called in to explain my answers in person. The goal of the questions were to see how I would deal with a situation where something had to be sacrificed - the deadline, the cost, or the scope of the project, and I had to suggest the best solution to management.

Interview Questions

My current position at the time still seemed more attractive.

Sales Interview

The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at PR Newswire in March 2009.

Ok where do I begin? PR Newswire uses Accolo to do the first interview. Talked to person who did an hour phone interview. After initial phone interview I was scheduled to do a phone interview with vp of sales at PR. In general the Accolo interview was specifically about skills and the 2nd interview was about performance and experience. After my 2nd interview I was asked to do a 3rd interview (phone). This interview is a group interview with questions about techniques, real life scenarios, past experiences and problem solving scenarios. All 3 phone interviews lasted an hour each and I was told I would be notified.
    I asked a lot of questions about the culture of the company and from what they told me it seems like a stable company that went through reorganization pains a couple of years ago and is now growing strong.

Interview Questions
    • They would ask questions like what are your weaknesses and how would you improve them   View Answer

Account Manager Interview

The organization is very focused on the Miller Heiman sales methodology and will ask questions about who you focus on meeting with and what's your typical selling process. If you get far enough along in the interview process they will ask you to sell something in a role-play scenario.

Interview Questions
    • Would you rather win fast or lose fast?   View Answer
    Ask for the salary you want. If it's in line with what they have budgeted they will give it to you, but will probably low ball you when they initially offer you the job.

Editor Interview

The process took 2 months - interviewed at PR Newswire in March 2010.

The interview process was extremely long and tasking. I had a phone interview and two live interviews, and nothing actually came of the interviews, which is fine, but they never even got back to me even after I called and left a voicemail. They seem like a solid company, but they should be more aware of how time-consuming their interview process is.

Interview Questions
    • Behavioral questions -- Explain a scenario in which you were apart of the problem.   Answer Question

Worked for PR Newswire? Contribute to the Community!