PRA Health Sciences

Updated Jan 13, 2015

2.8

Project Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PRA Health Sciences in February 2013.

Initial short interview to discuss position and company in general. Invited to in-person interview with a panel following the phone discussion. Process moved fairly quickly.

Interview Questions
    • All of the questions were standard for any interview regarding strengths, weaknesses, skill set etc.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at PRA Health Sciences in February 2013.

I had a brief phone interview where the basic job function was explained and the potential manager asked questions about my current position and why I was looking to move. Some questions were surrounding how I would interface with other groups and if I was familiar with the agile methodology. In the face-to-face interview they expanded on these types of questions and I had an opportunity to also meet the director and with people currently in the position to get a better idea of their daily duties.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to leave your current position? How do I know you won't want to leave here in 3 years?   Answer Question
    I had a recruiter and all negotiation was through them. PRA offered more than what was initially presented as salary.

Senior Clinical Research Associate Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at PRA Health Sciences in January 2013.

I had an interview over Skype. I am a very experienced CRA. The interviewer was both demeaning and consescending bordering on conrontational. I was not given an offer which I am grateful for. Told the recruiter that I would not be a good fit. This is the second time I have interviwed with them. Once in person. At that time I accepted another offer and never really found out if they offered. I fouind the expereince negative. The interviewer pointed out that they had the turn around time for billable hours in the industry not a selling point.

Interview Questions
    • No unexpected questions just a very self-important interviewer who would be a nightmare as a line manager. They do a lot of waht would you do in this situation. Few questions about SAE's, consent etc.   Answer Question

CRA Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PRA Health Sciences in January 2013.

2 Skype interviews with Functional managers are utilized after the initial phone interview with HR.

Project Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at PRA Health Sciences in August 2012.

Quick phone interview discussing resume and company information, basics. Seems if they like your resume they will bring you in to interview. A few days later I went in, spoke with Director of Business Ops and two Lead Project Analysts. This is a finance/accounting type of position. A very solid background (major/double major) in either is highly desired, with at least one or two internships in the related field. They said that some positions they have plenty of time to train employees and others they throw right in, so be prepared to jump right into a full workload. Asked several questions to see deductive reasoning and problem solving skills in person. Plus the usual why would you be a good fit here/what makes you different from other candidates. There was also an excel spreadsheet that you had to recreate containing all of the simple formulas and then some hlookup. If you have done budget/project analysis in excel before you should be fine.

Interview Questions
    • -How many televisions are there in the United States? (explain your math, how you came to that number, etc. No right or wrong answer.)   Answer Question

Clinical Programmer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at PRA Health Sciences in May 2012.

it was supposed to be a technical interview, but he (programming manager) did not asked me any kind of question which are related to technical or work.

Research Support Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

The process took a dayinterviewed at PRA Health Sciences in December 2011.

I met with two interviewers, and the interviews lasted for 30 minutes each. Questions were read from an interview packet. Examples of questions included: Have you ever received recognition for doing an above average job in school/work? Is there anything you do not like about your current job? What strengths do you have that you have not yet told us about? How have you taken initiative to make the most of opportunities presented to you in life? I did not feel a lot of pressure in the interview because they were trying to hire 50 people and there was not a lot of competition. Interviewers seems more interested in asking questions than answering questions about the company and environment. I had to find current employees on linkedin in order to get more questions answered.

Interview Questions
    • In what ways have you been recognized for exceeding expectations in work/school?   Answer Question
    • What are additional strengths/talents you possess you have not yet told us about?   Answer Question
    They were not at all open to negotiation since the position starts as part of a defined training program. Considering the training opportunity and how hard it is to break into clinical research without experience, and the room for advancement, I decided to accept the offer.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at PRA Health Sciences in November 2011.

I had a phone interview with the software development manager. He is building a new team to do in-house development that was previously outsourced. They support many different applications developed in a wide variety of technologies. I was asked many general questions about my work history and work style, but no technical questions at all. At the end of the interview, he said that he had to get going. I asked about the next step and he said the recruiter who set up our phone interview would get back to me. She has not gotten back to me and I have not followed up because I don't feel the group is a good match for me.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about your role in your last job.   Answer Question
    • What will you do when you need to work late and your family also really needs you at home?   Answer Question

Lead Document Management Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lenexa, KS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lenexa, KS

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PRA Health Sciences in November 2011.

Received a call from a recruiter on Monday and talked about the position and the detail of it. She stated she would send my resume on to the hiring manager. Next day received a call back from her stating that the hiring manager would like to have an interview and that I would receive a call from another recruiter to setup the interview. An hour later the next recruiter called and setup the interview for the following Wednesday. Had an interview with the hiring manager about the job and my background and things that I had accomplished in my previous jobs = 30 mins. Then had another 30 min interview with another manager in the group, her interview consisted of personality questions. They both told me it would be about 1.5 weeks and I would hear something - the interview was the week before Thanksgiving. So I gave them the benefit of the holiday and waited till December 1st to send the e-mail questioning the position. A day short of 3 weeks I then got a call from a recruiter stating that they went with another candidate.

Interview Questions
    • If you could be anything in this would what would you be?   Answer Question

Project Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

The process took a dayinterviewed at PRA Health Sciences in September 2011.

Phone screen with HR, phone call with director, and then onsite interview. Onsite interview consisted of a group/panel interview, interview with 2 directors and 1 manager. There was an excel 2010 test in which you had to recreate the sheet.