PRA Health Sciences

Updated Nov 23, 2014
Updated Nov 23, 2014

2.8

Senior Clinical Research Associate Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at PRA Health Sciences in January 2013.

I had an interview over Skype. I am a very experienced CRA. The interviewer was both demeaning and consescending bordering on conrontational. I was not given an offer which I am grateful for. Told the recruiter that I would not be a good fit. This is the second time I have interviwed with them. Once in person. At that time I accepted another offer and never really found out if they offered. I fouind the expereince negative. The interviewer pointed out that they had the turn around time for billable hours in the industry not a selling point.

Interview Questions
    • No unexpected questions just a very self-important interviewer who would be a nightmare as a line manager. They do a lot of waht would you do in this situation. Few questions about SAE's, consent etc.   Answer Question

CRA Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PRA Health Sciences in January 2013.

2 Skype interviews with Functional managers are utilized after the initial phone interview with HR.

Project Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at PRA Health Sciences in August 2012.

Quick phone interview discussing resume and company information, basics. Seems if they like your resume they will bring you in to interview. A few days later I went in, spoke with Director of Business Ops and two Lead Project Analysts. This is a finance/accounting type of position. A very solid background (major/double major) in either is highly desired, with at least one or two internships in the related field. They said that some positions they have plenty of time to train employees and others they throw right in, so be prepared to jump right into a full workload. Asked several questions to see deductive reasoning and problem solving skills in person. Plus the usual why would you be a good fit here/what makes you different from other candidates. There was also an excel spreadsheet that you had to recreate containing all of the simple formulas and then some hlookup. If you have done budget/project analysis in excel before you should be fine.

Interview Questions
    • -How many televisions are there in the United States? (explain your math, how you came to that number, etc. No right or wrong answer.)   Answer Question

Clinical Programmer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at PRA Health Sciences in May 2012.

it was supposed to be a technical interview, but he (programming manager) did not asked me any kind of question which are related to technical or work.

Research Support Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

The process took a dayinterviewed at PRA Health Sciences in December 2011.

I met with two interviewers, and the interviews lasted for 30 minutes each. Questions were read from an interview packet. Examples of questions included: Have you ever received recognition for doing an above average job in school/work? Is there anything you do not like about your current job? What strengths do you have that you have not yet told us about? How have you taken initiative to make the most of opportunities presented to you in life? I did not feel a lot of pressure in the interview because they were trying to hire 50 people and there was not a lot of competition. Interviewers seems more interested in asking questions than answering questions about the company and environment. I had to find current employees on linkedin in order to get more questions answered.

Interview Questions
    • In what ways have you been recognized for exceeding expectations in work/school?   Answer Question
    • What are additional strengths/talents you possess you have not yet told us about?   Answer Question
    They were not at all open to negotiation since the position starts as part of a defined training program. Considering the training opportunity and how hard it is to break into clinical research without experience, and the room for advancement, I decided to accept the offer.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at PRA Health Sciences in November 2011.

I had a phone interview with the software development manager. He is building a new team to do in-house development that was previously outsourced. They support many different applications developed in a wide variety of technologies. I was asked many general questions about my work history and work style, but no technical questions at all. At the end of the interview, he said that he had to get going. I asked about the next step and he said the recruiter who set up our phone interview would get back to me. She has not gotten back to me and I have not followed up because I don't feel the group is a good match for me.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about your role in your last job.   Answer Question
    • What will you do when you need to work late and your family also really needs you at home?   Answer Question

Lead Document Management Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lenexa, KS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lenexa, KS

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PRA Health Sciences in November 2011.

Received a call from a recruiter on Monday and talked about the position and the detail of it. She stated she would send my resume on to the hiring manager. Next day received a call back from her stating that the hiring manager would like to have an interview and that I would receive a call from another recruiter to setup the interview. An hour later the next recruiter called and setup the interview for the following Wednesday. Had an interview with the hiring manager about the job and my background and things that I had accomplished in my previous jobs = 30 mins. Then had another 30 min interview with another manager in the group, her interview consisted of personality questions. They both told me it would be about 1.5 weeks and I would hear something - the interview was the week before Thanksgiving. So I gave them the benefit of the holiday and waited till December 1st to send the e-mail questioning the position. A day short of 3 weeks I then got a call from a recruiter stating that they went with another candidate.

Interview Questions
    • If you could be anything in this would what would you be?   Answer Question

Project Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

The process took a dayinterviewed at PRA Health Sciences in September 2011.

Phone screen with HR, phone call with director, and then onsite interview. Onsite interview consisted of a group/panel interview, interview with 2 directors and 1 manager. There was an excel 2010 test in which you had to recreate the sheet.

Research Support Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PRA Health Sciences in July 2011.

Upon first submitting my application a few days later I had a brief conversation with a phone interviewer outlining my resume and hammering out my basic info, and vice versa for the company. A second phone interview was less of an interview and more of a scheduling for an on-site interview, though there were some more basic questions asked. The on-site interview was in Raleigh in the afternoon, which I drove to from nearby. It said the process would "take all day" but it was only about 2 hours long. I had a pair of one-on-one interviews there, and both interviewers basically asked the same questions, none of which were out of the norm.
    Interestingly, the best candidates for the "Research Support Coordinator" are people that haven't done much research. They pretty much implied that even though I had a lot of experience, this wasn't a wet lab, and so I wouldn't be a good fit. Unless the interviewers and fellow interviewees that I chatted with beforehand were all lying to me, it seems like PRA duped a lot of applicants when they posted openings for this position. While nice and friendly, they don't seem to be very good at marketing themselves. So basically, if you've done a lot of independent research, don't even bother because they don't want you!

CRA I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PRA Health Sciences in May 2011.

I was contacted by a recruiter for a position as a CRA and after filling out a standard form was asked to fly to Raleigh for in person meeting. To save them money, I chose to make this a day trip: out & back in the same day instead of an overnight stay. In advance of the trip, I also had to fill out an on-line form. I also had to bring with me their 13-page list of clinical experience.

Once arriving, I had a written essay test with 3 questions. They said it was designed to see how well I wrote and how I organized my thoughts. The test is timed so make sure you budget properly! After finishing that, I met with three members of senior staff including a clinical team manager and a resourcing manager. Everyone was very nice. Each interview lasted 20-30 minutes. The questions were mostly anticipated but there were a few that took some analysis to derive a good response. Remember to ask questions of the people that you are meeting with!

Interview Questions
    • If I sent you three excel files for all of your sites, 1 with all the Adverse Events, 1 with all of the Medical Histories, and 1 with the Concomitant Medications for the subjects at all your sites - what would you do with the data?   View Answer
    • Give me an example of a time when you had to handle some very delicate communications.   Answer Question
    • Give me an example of a time when you anticipated a problem and how you dealt with it to keep it from becoming a big problem.   Answer Question
    • Give me a time when you had to say “no” to a request, or if you had to make a last minute change in order to meet a request.   Answer Question