PROS

www.pros.com
  www.pros.com

PROS Interview Questions

Updated Dec 9, 2014
Updated Dec 9, 2014

2.9

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at PROS.

Applied via career fair in the fall, was contacted through email late spring. I was told that they don't start their interview process untill spring usually, reguardless of when you apply.

had 1 phone interview with an engineer, technical, 1 coding question about input file scanning, then sorting it.

1 followup interview, was supposed to be onsite, but due to school conflicts this was also a phone interview. Another technical interview with a coding question about "shuffling" a list of songs

I accepted my offer and all in all it was a great intership, where interns chose our own teams/projects. The office environment was very friendly and laid back with regular ping pong and board game breaks.

Interview Questions
    • You are given a list of songs. Now write a function that returns a "shuffled" list of the songs. The returned list should be as random as possible. (ie. passing in the same list twice will not produce the same results)   View Answer
    no negotiations

Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at PROS.

I had a phone interview with a recruiter and a second phone interview with the hiring manager and a team member. The third phase was a 1:1 interview. Got the offer upfront

The offer was more than I asked for.

Applications Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at PROS.

It was so confusing on the hiring process.
    The HR person messed up all the dates/timings for the phone screen and later for the actual technical interview.
    I have to contact them for the second round as they did not come back to me.

Interview Questions
    • They give some kind of problem or issue and then ask you to implement it. You need to share your screen and write code as they expect. Not sure what their expectations are, but their culture sucks!!..   View Answer

Implementation Engineer I Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at PROS in February 2014.

Phone interview with 2 people at different times. One is the company's recruiter, the other one is a senior member of the team.
    One-on-one in person interview with: the manager, 3 senior team members, one manager from another team, and the VP of the department.
    They may give you a prepared presentation ahead of time and have you presented to an audience during the interview.

Product Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at PROS.

Phone Interview with basic questions on experience related to airline or revenue management. or some simple pricing concepts like in Eco course 101.
    Onsite Interview with 4 or 5 people - director, VP and some team members. Each department have their own style.
    If it is for tecnical position in development be prepared to write few lines of code on the board.
    If it is professional services, then they will ask some basic questions on statistics
    If it is Product mangement - agile processes, what works and what does not work. How would you work with a new customer.

It was long time ago.

Product Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at PROS in January 2014.

One initial phone screening with HR, followed by two long (1+ hr) phone interviews and eventually several on-site interviews. Some interviewees didn't know the core responsibilities of the open position and didn't have a clear and great outlook of the company.

Interview Questions

Confused management without clear short term plans and expectations for the position. Took way too long to present an offer.

Implementation Consultant II Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at PROS in December 2013.

I met the recruiters on campus and had a phone interview 3 months later. (They'd apparently overlooked my application that I'd submitted the day after their visit to the campus.) A week after the phone interview, I flew out to the office. There were 5 interviews and then I gave a 20 minute presentation with 10 minutes of questions.

Interview Questions
    Negotiated the salary and bonus higher.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at PROS in October 2013.

I submitted a resume to their official website, after 2 months, received first email. And later 2 weeks, got 3 "flying-pigeons" (i.e., stand-up, or equivalently "should-call-at-that-time-but-no-call-and-no-later-explanations") in a row. A man finally suddenly called me, and no other things after that. BTW: A master graduated software engineer get paid 70,00/yr, relatively high in TX, that's why they are rude! Definitely in your first-ignore-list.

Product Development Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PROS.

Dropped my resume at the career fair, and got contacted in a month. An initial round of phone interview, with no algorithm questions but more about basic Java and SQL. Onsite in a week with four developers - only one person talked about design patterns in Java(union pattern which is a lot about inheritance most of the time) others all talk about exprierence.

No negotiation. I just accepted

Applications Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PROS.

They started with a basic phone screen by a recruiter, then followed up with a single in-person interview where I met with 7-8 different people. There wasn't much coordination in the overall interview process. Whoever came in asked whatever they wanted, so I repeated a lot of the same basic answers several times. Some of the interviews were technical and some were behavioral.