PROS

www.pros.com

PROS Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Jun 28, 2014

Average Difficulty
19 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Manager Interview

Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at PROS.

Interview Details – I had a phone interview with a recruiter and a second phone interview with the hiring manager and a team member. The third phase was a 1:1 interview. Got the offer upfront

Negotiation Details – The offer was more than I asked for.

Product Marketing Interview

Product Marketing
Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at PROS in January 2014.

Interview Details – One initial phone screening with HR, followed by two long (1+ hr) phone interviews and eventually several on-site interviews. Some interviewees didn't know the core responsibilities of the open position and didn't have a clear and great outlook of the company.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Confused management without clear short term plans and expectations for the position. Took way too long to present an offer.

Implementation Engineer I Interview

Implementation Engineer I

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at PROS in February 2014.

Interview Details – Phone interview with 2 people at different times. One is the company's recruiter, the other one is a senior member of the team.
One-on-one in person interview with: the manager, 3 senior team members, one manager from another team, and the VP of the department.
They may give you a prepared presentation ahead of time and have you presented to an audience during the interview.

Interview Question – How long I plan to stay with the company   View Answers (2)

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very Difficult Interview

Applications Lead Interview

Applications Lead
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at PROS.

Interview Details – It was so confusing on the hiring process.
The HR person messed up all the dates/timings for the phone screen and later for the actual technical interview.
I have to contact them for the second round as they did not come back to me.

Interview Question – They give some kind of problem or issue and then ask you to implement it. You need to share your screen and write code as they expect. Not sure what their expectations are, but their culture sucks!!..   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Marketing Specialist Interview

Marketing Specialist
Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at PROS in December 2010.

Interview Details – Interviewed with three people. Discussions were very high level and general. No difficult questions posed. This was a few years ago and the process has changed significantly since then. Tests are now pretty much standard for just about any position. In marketing, this is usually a writing test.

Interview Question – There really weren't any difficult questions. It was all stuff like "what experience do you have," "have you ever used Photoshop," etc.   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Product Manager

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at PROS.

Interview Details – Phone Interview with basic questions on experience related to airline or revenue management. or some simple pricing concepts like in Eco course 101.
Onsite Interview with 4 or 5 people - director, VP and some team members. Each department have their own style.
If it is for tecnical position in development be prepared to write few lines of code on the board.
If it is professional services, then they will ask some basic questions on statistics
If it is Product mangement - agile processes, what works and what does not work. How would you work with a new customer.

Negotiation Details – It was long time ago.

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at PROS in October 2013.

Interview Details – I submitted a resume to their official website, after 2 months, received first email. And later 2 weeks, got 3 "flying-pigeons" (i.e., stand-up, or equivalently "should-call-at-that-time-but-no-call-and-no-later-explanations") in a row. A man finally suddenly called me, and no other things after that. BTW: A master graduated software engineer get paid 70,00/yr, relatively high in TX, that's why they are rude! Definitely in your first-ignore-list.

Interview Question – Java multithreading, locking, Java design pattern.   Answer Question

Product Development Intern Interview

Product Development Intern
Houston, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PROS.

Interview Details – Dropped my resume at the career fair, and got contacted in a month. An initial round of phone interview, with no algorithm questions but more about basic Java and SQL. Onsite in a week with four developers - only one person talked about design patterns in Java(union pattern which is a lot about inheritance most of the time) others all talk about exprierence.

Interview Question – Multi-inheritance in Java   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. I just accepted

Applications Lead Interview

Applications Lead
Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PROS.

Interview Details – They started with a basic phone screen by a recruiter, then followed up with a single in-person interview where I met with 7-8 different people. There wasn't much coordination in the overall interview process. Whoever came in asked whatever they wanted, so I repeated a lot of the same basic answers several times. Some of the interviews were technical and some were behavioral.

Interview Questions

Scientist Interview

Scientist
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at PROS in August 2012.

Interview Details – Applied online, had phone interview two weeks later, then invited for onsite interview two weeks after that.

Interview Question – Questions on CS, Math, and Stats. How would your promote a new product in a new market?   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at PROS

Worked for PROS? Contribute to the Community!