PRTM Management

PRTM Management Associate Interview Questions

2.4

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at PRTM Management in July 2011.

Submitted electronically via their webpage for SES (Services, Electronics and Software) Group. Heard back after a few weeks and was scheduled for a phone interview with a Partner the following week. Phone interview covers description of work experience and personal background, then some time for questions. On-site interview is a half-day affair consists of four 1:1 interviews with Partners. Again, nothing tricky; just make sure your reasoning is solid, and you're clear and articulate. Plenty of time to ask questions at the end.

Other Interview Reviews for PRTM Management

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PRTM Management in October 2010.

There were 4 interviews with the four partners of the CRC group. They are looking for two things : if you are really interested in working for the firm, and if you can make partner. They are interested in candidates who have deep experience in the industry groups with the above said qualities.

Interview Questions
    • how to deal with a client who is not interested in what you are trying to implement.   Answer Question
    They low balled me initially but I was from a Non MBA program of a top school so they negotiated a market rate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PRTM Management in October 2010.

I got the interview through university recruiting for MBA graduates. I received the standard behavioral interview consisting of a phone interview with a manager, and introductory in person interview with a director, and final round of one on one interviews with 4 different directors. The leadership that interviewed me seemed on top of their game. They knew the in and outs of their market and capability. Present great insight into how the company worked, and the entire process was very straight forward. Interview process felt like a good use of time unlike other interview I've been on. Discuss focused mostly on my growth and personal passions.

Interview Questions
    • Can you describe the best project you worked on and what did you do on the project?   Answer Question
    • Can you describe how you overcame an obstacle?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at PRTM Management in July 2010.

Fairly straightforward and much, much easier than most management consulting firms. No case interviews, no trick questions, no apparent considerations regarding fit. The recruiter was fairly informal and the phone screen was disorganized. The first round involved a series of in-person interviews and the decision round was roughly the same. Offer was given by telephone later the same day as the decision round. It seems that there is no competition during these interviews, so it is possible that all candidates invited back for the final round will receive offers.

Interview Questions
    Yes, but the firm is more concerned with finding candidates who are willing to accept what they offer than negotiating to retain better-qualified candidates. Recent MBA grads will be offered Associate 0 and can easily negotiate to Associate 1 (about $5-10K). It's possible that the firm will low-ball an unsuspecting MBA with an AE offer, but this position is usually reserved for Consultants promoted to Associate, but in a relatively terminal capacity. Either way, this is very much the "safety school" of the top consulting firms.

Associate Interview

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at PRTM Management in May 2011.

A headhunter contacted me in early March about PRTM. Even though I have seen them advertise a ton on job boards, I decided to work with the headhunter to get my resume in front of the "right" person. A few weeks later, after some email correspondence with HR, I had a phone interview with a Director (Partner). The interview was pretty basic (i.e. walk me through your resume, why PRTM, why did you leave so and so job, etc.). Most of the time was spent with me asking him questions about the firm.

After this initial conversation, it took about 5 weeks to be moved forward to the next round, which consisted of two face-to-face interviews in the office with one Associate and one Principal. I was surprised to learn of how case heavy the interviews were as there was little to no talk about my experience. About 15 minutes of the allotted 30 minutes was spent on a "case" while I was allowed to ask questions for the rest of the time.

A few days later I received word that the following week I would have another phone interview with a Director. This interview lasted about an hour with a mix of background questions (walk me through your resume, what are you looking to do in your next position, why PRTM, etc.) and a 15 minute case. A few days later I hear back from the headhunter. Basically, the firm wanted my 100% commitment to them BEFORE they would give me an offer. I was in the pipeline at a few different places and could not, in good faith, tell them that I was fully committed to them offer unseen. A few days later HR called to let me know that I was no longer being considered for the position because my "background did not fit their current needs".

Things to consider:
    1) PRTM has a notoriously slow interview process with multiple (sometimes unnecessary) layers, so be prepared to be in the pipeline for months before really getting anywhere. If I had progressed past the 2nd phone interview, I would have had another round of multiple in-person interviews with Directors
    2) The interviews are a lot more case-like than the firm and other people may lead you to believe. Have a pencil and paper ready and be prepared to discuss a business issue in detail
    3) The firm seems to want "yes people"...people who are 100% committed to accepting their offer before they even offer. That says a lot about their culture
    4) Just some food for thought: not sure how difficult this would be, but before working with a headhunter try to figure out what the relationship is between them and the firm you are interviewing with. I found that working with a headhunter who has a personal relationship with the hiring party makes the process a little more difficult since they may be holding back as far as really recommending you for the job if you do not show 100% commitment since they don't want to damage that relationship

Interview Questions
    • Walk me through your resume.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about the most exciting project you have worked on. What was your role and what did you learn and accomplish?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PRTM Management in March 2011.

The initial phone interview was a straight forward tell me about your experience. The in office interview consisted of four 1:1 meetings with consultants. Interviews were fairly conversational, career - tell me about your experience, personal - what drives you to do what you do, lets see how you think - how would you approach this simple operational problem, etc.
    Things to keep in mind:
    -PRTM is does operations so be sure to highlight your operations experience
    -be methodical in all you explanations
    -if you come from a specialized industry its important you emphasize you can tackle other industries, this is especially important if you come from a non-management consulting role

Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at PRTM Management in April 2010.

Very friendly, mostly fit, no case. Great chance to learn about the firm.