PRTM Management Interview Questions

Updated Jul 29, 2014

2.6

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PRTM Management.

Interview was very cordial - more focused around fit than anything else. I went through 5-7 rounds of interviews with different levels of staff.

Interview Questions
    • There was a lot of focus on what experience I already had even though I was just coming out of undergraduate.   Answer Question
    Not much of a negotiation...had some leeway around an advance on my salary, office choice, and start date, otherwise things were largely fixed.

Operations Consultant, Semiconductors Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at PRTM Management in August 2011.

I was contacted by PRTM after I presume they had found my information on another website. The process started with a phone interview with one of the Director's in the semiconductor division. I was asked basic questions about my experience, skills, and career goals. At the end of the interview, i was asked if I would like to come to San Jose for an interview. I was brought in 1 month later for an onsite interview. This was in a group of probably 10 to 15 others on that day. I interviewed with 4 different partners. In each case we discussed my background and why I would like to work for PRTM. In the process I was given some operational situations to discuss how I would handle. The team was very respectful and asked good questions. This was a very comfortable interview.

Interview Questions
    • On a first engagement, a client asks for a plan to improve gross margin. How would you address this considering this is your first introduction to their business?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at PRTM Management in July 2011.

Submitted electronically via their webpage for SES (Services, Electronics and Software) Group. Heard back after a few weeks and was scheduled for a phone interview with a Partner the following week. Phone interview covers description of work experience and personal background, then some time for questions. On-site interview is a half-day affair consists of four 1:1 interviews with Partners. Again, nothing tricky; just make sure your reasoning is solid, and you're clear and articulate. Plenty of time to ask questions at the end.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at PRTM Management in March 2011.

brother's friend who worked there submitted my resume. Got an email the following day and set up a date/time for phone interview.

interviewed by a Director. no case interview questions as they state on their website. asked me to run through my resume, asked about the projects i was working on (employed for 1 1/2 yrs out of school), why i wanted to work in consulting and the firm. i had prepared answers for "challenging experience" and "leadership experience" that i wasn't asked about but was hoping to be asked.

the position was for a new type of position the director was developing, a hybrid consulting/finance analyst type. i wasn't aware of this and suspect this is why the interviewer asked me more questions about my wealth management (finance) internship in college than my current job in Supply Chain. I tripped up since I wasn't expecting to talk about my internship in detail as I felt it was not a substantial experience. found out within a few hours by email that I didn't get the postion.

interview was very straightforward, I just wasn't fully prepared.

Interview Questions
    • asking about the details of my internship from 4 years ago rather than my current job   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PRTM Management in November 2010.

Was interview by 4 directors. The interview went well. I was the only current MBA contenting for the position. Others were all 5 + post MBA candidates. Though I tried my best and felt the interview was good, I was rejected ;(((

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PRTM Management in October 2010.

There were 4 interviews with the four partners of the CRC group. They are looking for two things : if you are really interested in working for the firm, and if you can make partner. They are interested in candidates who have deep experience in the industry groups with the above said qualities.

Interview Questions
    • how to deal with a client who is not interested in what you are trying to implement.   Answer Question
    They low balled me initially but I was from a Non MBA program of a top school so they negotiated a market rate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PRTM Management in October 2010.

I got the interview through university recruiting for MBA graduates. I received the standard behavioral interview consisting of a phone interview with a manager, and introductory in person interview with a director, and final round of one on one interviews with 4 different directors. The leadership that interviewed me seemed on top of their game. They knew the in and outs of their market and capability. Present great insight into how the company worked, and the entire process was very straight forward. Interview process felt like a good use of time unlike other interview I've been on. Discuss focused mostly on my growth and personal passions.

Interview Questions
    • Can you describe the best project you worked on and what did you do on the project?   Answer Question
    • Can you describe how you overcame an obstacle?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at PRTM Management in July 2010.

Fairly straightforward and much, much easier than most management consulting firms. No case interviews, no trick questions, no apparent considerations regarding fit. The recruiter was fairly informal and the phone screen was disorganized. The first round involved a series of in-person interviews and the decision round was roughly the same. Offer was given by telephone later the same day as the decision round. It seems that there is no competition during these interviews, so it is possible that all candidates invited back for the final round will receive offers.

Interview Questions
    Yes, but the firm is more concerned with finding candidates who are willing to accept what they offer than negotiating to retain better-qualified candidates. Recent MBA grads will be offered Associate 0 and can easily negotiate to Associate 1 (about $5-10K). It's possible that the firm will low-ball an unsuspecting MBA with an AE offer, but this position is usually reserved for Consultants promoted to Associate, but in a relatively terminal capacity. Either way, this is very much the "safety school" of the top consulting firms.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at PRTM Management in July 2010.

The initial communication began with an email about a phone interview with a director at the firm. Immediately after, an email was sent about a second round interview that took place a few weeks later. The final round of interviews consisted of 4 one-on-one interviews with Directors and Principals. Overall, the process was simple and straighforward. Everyone I interviewed with was extremely friendly and helpful.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were typical behavioral questions that one could expect in an interview.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PRTM Management in March 2010.

Brief phone screen followed by a 1/2 day interview session at the Waltham office. Rotated with 3 others candidates speaking with 4 different partners. Went by really fast and the questions that they asked were very straight forward and the interviewers were very knowledgeable. As an experienced candidate I assumed that they did not bother with the trick questions and the case study type questions, they were more interested in my work experience and what I had accomplished. Very good experience interviewing with this group.

Interview Questions
    • They asked about accomplishments and wanted them quantified.   Answer Question

They offered me a position but I declined - I decided the life of a consultant was not for me. The salary was good but similar to an industry position that provides a better work/life balance i.e. less travel.