PSA Healthcare Interview Questions

Updated Jul 9, 2015

2.3

Licensed Practical Nurse Field Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burke, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at PSA Healthcare (Burke, VA) in May 2015.

Interview

Average. Questions about specific skills and given clinical scenarios--what would you do if your patient was having respiratory distress. What is your experience level with pediatrics. What shifts are willing to work, How to change a trach and G tube.

Director, IT Infrastructure Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norcross, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at PSA Healthcare (Norcross, GA) in March 2015.

Interview

Initial interviews with the VP of HR were via telephone. This interaction was very positive, and informative. We discussed the company culture, and my interest in the position. The second round of interviews were at the Corporate facilities, with peers to the position. We discussed immediate issues, corporate goals and vision. I was able to relate specific examples from my experience to the situations presented. We established a solid connection with these interviewers and I saw clear actionable plans that I could bring to the table. All of the feed back to this point was positive. The hiring Manager for this position was on extended medical leave. In the interim I provided references, and was told that I would be scheduled to meet with additional leadership of the company. I waited two weeks for the additional interviews to be scheduled. My references were never contacted. The feedback was that the hiring manager wanted to talk to the peer interviewers before proceeding. When I applied to this position, it was exclusive to a recruiter. One week prior to the return of the hiring manger, the position was posted to public job boards. One week after the hiring managers return to work, I was notified that they decided that they didn't need this roll, and they would not be filling the position. The position is open and they are accepting applications for the position.

Interview Questions

• Tell us of a time, when you had an under performing associate and how you handked the situation.   Answer Question

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PSA Healthcare.

Interview

There was a brief phone conversation (screening) and then an "assessment" at their office where I was given a written test (math and general medication principles) and shown orientation videos.. There was no interview.

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brockton, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at PSA Healthcare (Brockton, MA) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied for a hands-on, direct care position. After driving an hour to get there, I found that they had me scheduled to meet with a recruiter to interview for a management-level position, which I was not interested in or prepared for. This was a major waste of my time. I felt that the recruiter (C.T.) had absolutely no respect for my time. We had spoken on the phone previously and she made no mention of the management position. The office seemed very disorganized, depressed and unfriendly, with staff avoiding eye contact and with minimal acknowledgement that I had entered their office. It was a very disappointing experience.

Interview Questions

• The one question that I was asked was, "Tell me about yourself." There was obviously no preparation on the interviewers' behalf to prepare any questions whatsoever. The majority of the interview consisted of the recruiter looking at me with a clueless expression, as if she expected me to lead the interview. I have never written an online review for anything, but this experience was so bizarre that I feel I need to share it. I'm not sure if I would have been offered the job; I chose not to return the recruiter's call.   Answer Question

RN Interview

Interview

Initial interview was not thorough but new processes are in place to ensure thorough interviewing and sharing of information on both sides, they have really improved this process and now it is so informative and fun!

Licensed Practical Nurse/Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clermont, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PSA Healthcare (Clermont, FL) in July 2014.

Interview

interviews are schedule in one centralized location. Interview session is not at all competitive, please feel free to bring any friends with you that may also be interested. Took approximately 2 - 2 1/2. Syaff was very friendly and energetic.

Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PSA Healthcare (Norfolk, VA) in January 2014.

Interview

Your called in for what you think is an interview, but on arrival your doing an orientation and paperwork taking more time then you had planned. No true professional interview process exists, they are just looking for warm bodies to fill open shifts. PSA also does not drug test nurses, allowing questionable nurses the opportunity to provide patient care...in a private home environment....often without family members present during shift.

Interview Questions

• None. I felt I had more knowledge as the "candidate" then the people interviewing me. The employees seemed to have knowledge of human resources or hiring practices, nor did they ask probing questions to discern who is an appropriate candidate for a position.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase. You are told this is the pay, we know it's low (and it is LOW) accompanied with the excuse that Medicaid reimbursement rate does not allow for a better pay scale for the nurses. Other companies within the same field who also accept Medicaid are able to pay their nurses a higher rate, so this is not true. I did not know this when I started working at PSA otherwise I would have not accepted a position with them.

Home Care Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Piedmont, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PSA Healthcare (Piedmont, SC).

Interview

Applied online. Received a call for an interview in about 7-10 days. Evidently they only call people to "interview" that they want to hire. They "interview" is a group process where you watch HR videos, fill our HR paperwork, take a multiple choice medication and general knowledge test and go through skills stations. I believe they do this to cut back on the paying for part of orientation. This process takes 4-6 hours so prepare to stay all day. The staff were very nice and knowledgeable. After this if both parties still think the job is a good match you are assigned in the field with another nurse to finish orientation.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. Salaries are set.

Licensed Practical Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pensacola, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at PSA Healthcare (Pensacola, FL).

Interview

Quickly called and brought into the office where I did my interview and was hired on the spot. Got my ID badge right after.

Licensed Practical Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hackensack, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PSA Healthcare (Hackensack, NJ).

Interview

Very detailed process. You be interviewed by several staff members. A in-depth background check will be done.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Pay isn't negotiated