PSAV

Updated Sep 20, 2014

3.3

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Audio Visual Technician Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PSAV.

Fairly straightforward process and a positive experience. Unlike many of these other reviews it didn't take too long (although I did take some proactive steps to speed up the process).

After applying to the position, I didn't receive any contact until about 2 weeks later when a recruiter called me. One week later (after some pressing to get the interview scheduled) I received a call from a hiring manager for the region to set up the in-person interview.

The interview was with two Directors at a very high-end hotel & conference center which was one of PSAV's clients. The questions were nothing out of the ordinary, there were one or two technical questions. Do your research of the company! Can't stress that enough.

In the end we had a very nice discussion and it was a positive experience.

Interview Questions
  • Where do you want to be in 5 years?
    What's the difference between an analog and digital audio mixer?

Answer Question
Not much negotiation although in my case I didn't really try.

Other Interview Reviews for PSAV

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online – interviewed at PSAV.

Thought all interviews went well, and the HR director said he would let me know in a week if I got the position or not. The week when he was to let me know, I got no response. Even tried emailing him directly 3 times but still nothing. Also emailed the director to see what was going on, and like before nothing

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at PSAV in February 2010.

I had an interview set up with a Swank Employment Manager through the Career Development department at my university. I made sure to be VERY organized and present myself as if I were already working in a 5-star hospitality environment. I had 3 packets ready consisting of my resume, cover letter, previous work experience, references, and letters of recommendation for my interviewers (there was only one interviewer but i wanted to be prepared. I had just bought a new black suit, shirt, shoes, and tie along with a short new haircut. Research about the company really impresses the interviewers! I was offered a part-time position in Atlanta halfway during the interview - I couldn't believe it! She offered to be my advisor and that my name was now "in the pipeline" for the next available job. She told me to call or email anytime. My interview was Feb. 25th and it is now April 26th. I have called 15 times and emailed 10 times with zero replies. I am disappointed. Swank looks like a great company to work for and the people were so friendly. I am still hoping that they contact me eventually.

Interview Questions
    • How would you rate the performance of your past superiors?   Answer Question