PSAV

Updated Sep 23, 2014
Updated Sep 23, 2014

2.6

Technical Coordinator Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at PSAV.

i interviewed 2 different times at this company. the first interview was convention style where they had a big room with lots of positions open for fire. the second was a call from on the the directors who wanted to meet with me.

Interview Questions
    • tell me a time you had a difficult customer and how you may of dealt with it the wrong way?   Answer Question

Sales Assistant Interview

The Interview process was three interviews in all it was first two phone interviews and one face to face interview with three of the main people in that area in that field

Audio Visual Technician Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PSAV.

Fairly straightforward process and a positive experience. Unlike many of these other reviews it didn't take too long (although I did take some proactive steps to speed up the process).

After applying to the position, I didn't receive any contact until about 2 weeks later when a recruiter called me. One week later (after some pressing to get the interview scheduled) I received a call from a hiring manager for the region to set up the in-person interview.

The interview was with two Directors at a very high-end hotel & conference center which was one of PSAV's clients. The questions were nothing out of the ordinary, there were one or two technical questions. Do your research of the company! Can't stress that enough.

In the end we had a very nice discussion and it was a positive experience.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you want to be in 5 years?
      What's the difference between an analog and digital audio mixer?

Answer Question
    Not much negotiation although in my case I didn't really try.

Part-Time Technician - Audio Visual Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at PSAV in September 2014.

Upon applying to the position at PSAV, I was emailed to schedule a phone interview with the company's regional hiring specialist. once the scheduling was made, I received a call and was asked about my interests in the position, qualifications, dealing with customers, and pay range.

Following the brief interview, I was requested to come in to an interview event at one of the hotels contracted by PSAV, where I met with the hotel's PSAV manager and went through a similar interview process. The second interview of the event was with PSAV's Vice President and was more formal, with more discussion going into the company's philosophy.

Interview Questions
    • Can you describe the time when you had the most difficulty with a client and how did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Sales Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at PSAV.

There is a total of 3 interviews. The first two went very well, and I was verbally told that I had the job. I didn't hear from anyone for two weeks, even after sending numerous emails asking what next steps should I take. When I finally heard back from them, I was contacted by two different employees, both asking me to be interviewed again and drug tested. At first I thought I was being asked to be interviewed four times, but it was actually a lack of communication between them. That's when I realized that there must not be much communication between divisions.

Hotel A/V Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online – interviewed at PSAV in May 2014.

In the hiring process they do a really good job to impress you and buy into their company. What they did was "invite" me to a five star hotel where they had a ballroom set-up with audio,lighting,projectors and snacks and beverages. They had about 25-40 other attendee's and do a short briefing about their company. They then take you to to their back interview space where they have two HR people interview you. My personal opinion is that they try to impress you so that they can hire you for CHEAP!

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time where you made a client really happy.
      Tell me about a time when you made a mistake and had to own up to the client

View Answer

Event Technology Specialist II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PSAV.

I went through two interviews during a job fair. They inquired a great deal about technologies I know in lighting and about how I felt about learning particular technologies. Where a suit or a nice casual business outfit.

Technician Interview

Takes some time, but easy going once in interview

General Tech Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at PSAV.

Guy was cool yet serious and very composed. He handed me a 25' XLR cable and asked me to wrap it correctly and I obliged. Asked me what I wanted to do growing up and I said "Rockstar" He replied with "Welcome aboard! we are all failed rockstars." Probably the best interview I've ever had.

Interview Questions
    • You are the only tech in the building and you have two rooms on opposite side of the resort both needing immediate assistance... What do you do?   View Answers (3)
    Fairly easy in my case, he offered more than I expected and I was quickly given a steep raise after 3 months

Sales Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at PSAV.

Every applicant should be applying online. Do your best in researching the company website and Linkedin. Make sure you include cover letter and resume that matches keywords. This helps your application go through. The HR recruiter for the region will reach out to schedule a phone interview. Be honest and ask questions after (questions that are relevant to your work-life). They will sometimes tell you at the end of the call if you made it to next steps. Follow-up with thank you email regardless. For second interview, it will be three people: Sales director, Regional Director, and HR person. You will get these names in advance so look them up and prepare to speak to their best interests. Try to dress for the job +1. Be at least 15 minutes early. Do your best. Ask questions. Thank them sincerely. Follow-up email to all. If you make it to the last and final round, repeat the same process and you will be fine. Negotiate your salary after your offer, within $5k or so. They should be happy you would.