PSAV

Average Difficulty
48 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Manager

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at PSAV.

Interview Details – There is a total of 3 interviews. The first two went very well, and I was verbally told that I had the job. I didn't hear from anyone for two weeks, even after sending numerous emails asking what next steps should I take. When I finally heard back from them, I was contacted by two different employees, both asking me to be interviewed again and drug tested. At first I thought I was being asked to be interviewed four times, but it was actually a lack of communication between them. That's when I realized that there must not be much communication between divisions.

Interview Question – Give me an example of your presentation skills.   Answer Question

Hotel A/V Technician Interview

Hotel A/V Technician
San Francisco, CA

I applied online - interviewed at PSAV in May 2014.

Interview Details – In the hiring process they do a really good job to impress you and buy into their company. What they did was "invite" me to a five star hotel where they had a ballroom set-up with audio,lighting,projectors and snacks and beverages. They had about 25-40 other attendee's and do a short briefing about their company. They then take you to to their back interview space where they have two HR people interview you. My personal opinion is that they try to impress you so that they can hire you for CHEAP!

Interview Question – Tell me about a time where you made a client really happy.
Tell me about a time when you made a mistake and had to own up to the client
  View Answer

Event Technology Specialist II Interview

Event Technology Specialist II
Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PSAV.

Interview Details – I went through two interviews during a job fair. They inquired a great deal about technologies I know in lighting and about how I felt about learning particular technologies. Where a suit or a nice casual business outfit.

Technician Interview

Technician

Interviewed at PSAV

Interview Details – Takes some time, but easy going once in interview

Interview Question – Why here, instead of elsewhere?   Answer Question

ETS II Interview

ETS II
Palm Springs, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at PSAV in January 2013.

Interview Details – For me, is was fairly straight forward and conversational. Depending on your experience, you might also expect some of the standard behavioral assessment questions. You DO have to pass a routine background check and pass a drug test. Also, due to seasonality in this region, it took longer than normal, as I had to wait for the "appropriate" personnel to return from vacation before completing the interview process.

Interview Question – There weren't any tricky questions, because I had experience—AND—knew what to expect from the position I was applying to. Just be honest and do your homework on the company so you can contribute to the "discovery" process. Remember, you're interviewing them as much as they're interviewing you; if you do a quick search (and study) on "interview tips," you'll be prepared enough.

Usually, an interviewer will ask you to describe a time in your past work experience when you screwed something up. Just be honest, but it may not be wise to use an example that makes you seem completely irresponsible - consider something trivial in nature.
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – You have to negotiate to get what you deserve. If you're experienced, do the homework so you know what the limit is—and then hold out until you get it. If you're less experienced—or really need the work—accept their offer knowing that you'll have some consistency, while building on your resume. There is plenty of opportunity to get titles added to your CV as well :)

DET Interview

DET
Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PSAV in February 2010.

Interview Details – It is a long process to get hied with PSAV. There are so many open positions due to the rapid growth the company has, as well as a large amount of applicants. is causes alot of shuffling and uncertainty for the new-hire candidates, but once you get your foot in the door, opportunity for advancement is abundant. stay patient when waiting for a call from PSAV. it's worth it.

Interview Question – give me an example where you failed at work, how did you deal with it, what did you learn from it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – verbal offer on the phone followed by a written offer i had to fax back. i was able to start 4 days after the offer, but they would have waited 2 weeks if i needed.

General Tech Interview

General Tech
Orlando, FL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at PSAV.

Interview Details – Guy was cool yet serious and very composed. He handed me a 25' XLR cable and asked me to wrap it correctly and I obliged. Asked me what I wanted to do growing up and I said "Rockstar" He replied with "Welcome aboard! we are all failed rockstars." Probably the best interview I've ever had.

Interview Question – You are the only tech in the building and you have two rooms on opposite side of the resort both needing immediate assistance... What do you do?   View Answers (3)

Negotiation Details – Fairly easy in my case, he offered more than I expected and I was quickly given a steep raise after 3 months

Very Easy Interview

San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PSAV in January 2014.

Interview Details – The process includes a phone screening, panel interview and a meeting with the regional directors. Overall the HR staff is friendly and easy to talk to; they also seem like a strong team of people who enjoy what they do. It seems like the type of company that offers plenty of help for career development.

Sales Manager

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at PSAV.

Interview Details – Every applicant should be applying online. Do your best in researching the company website and Linkedin. Make sure you include cover letter and resume that matches keywords. This helps your application go through. The HR recruiter for the region will reach out to schedule a phone interview. Be honest and ask questions after (questions that are relevant to your work-life). They will sometimes tell you at the end of the call if you made it to next steps. Follow-up with thank you email regardless. For second interview, it will be three people: Sales director, Regional Director, and HR person. You will get these names in advance so look them up and prepare to speak to their best interests. Try to dress for the job +1. Be at least 15 minutes early. Do your best. Ask questions. Thank them sincerely. Follow-up email to all. If you make it to the last and final round, repeat the same process and you will be fine. Negotiate your salary after your offer, within $5k or so. They should be happy you would.

Interview Question – "Sell me this pen"   View Answers (2)

Director of Event Technology Interview

Director of Event Technology

I applied online and interviewed at PSAV.

Interview Details – I did an initial phone interview of which they were extremely late from the time that was setup. Interviewer was nice but unprofessional.

I then interviewed in person with regional director on site. He was all over the place with his thoughts. Before we even got started he told me that I wasn't qualified for the position. He said that he would rather me be a sales manager. He then said I could work as a part time technician to get more hands on experience before circling back to the idea of a sales manager.

Once he started talking salary we both realized that this just wasn't going to work out. The whole process was kinda odd and left me feeling they were not the most organized and we'll run company.

Interview Question – I wasn't asked many questions. It seemed like they were doing all the talking and based their opinions solely on my resume.   Answer Question

Worked for PSAV? Contribute to the Community!