PSAV

44 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

DET Interview

Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PSAV in February 2010.

Interview Details – It is a long process to get hied with PSAV. There are so many open positions due to the rapid growth the company has, as well as a large amount of applicants. is causes alot of shuffling and uncertainty for the new-hire candidates, but once you get your foot in the door, opportunity for advancement is abundant. stay patient when waiting for a call from PSAV. it's worth it.

Interview Question – give me an example where you failed at work, how did you deal with it, what did you learn from it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – verbal offer on the phone followed by a written offer i had to fax back. i was able to start 4 days after the offer, but they would have waited 2 weeks if i needed.

ETS II Interview

Palm Springs, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at PSAV in January 2013.

Interview Details – For me, is was fairly straight forward and conversational. Depending on your experience, you might also expect some of the standard behavioral assessment questions. You DO have to pass a routine background check and pass a drug test. Also, due to seasonality in this region, it took longer than normal, as I had to wait for the "appropriate" personnel to return from vacation before completing the interview process.

Interview Question – There weren't any tricky questions, because I had experience—AND—knew what to expect from the position I was applying to. Just be honest and do your homework on the company so you can contribute to the "discovery" process. Remember, you're interviewing them as much as they're interviewing you; if you do a quick search (and study) on "interview tips," you'll be prepared enough.

Usually, an interviewer will ask you to describe a time in your past work experience when you screwed something up. Just be honest, but it may not be wise to use an example that makes you seem completely irresponsible - consider something trivial in nature.
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – You have to negotiate to get what you deserve. If you're experienced, do the homework so you know what the limit is—and then hold out until you get it. If you're less experienced—or really need the work—accept their offer knowing that you'll have some consistency, while building on your resume. There is plenty of opportunity to get titles added to your CV as well :)

General Tech Interview

Orlando, FL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at PSAV.

Interview Details – Guy was cool yet serious and very composed. He handed me a 25' XLR cable and asked me to wrap it correctly and I obliged. Asked me what I wanted to do growing up and I said "Rockstar" He replied with "Welcome aboard! we are all failed rockstars." Probably the best interview I've ever had.

Interview Question – You are the only tech in the building and you have two rooms on opposite side of the resort both needing immediate assistance... What do you do?   View Answers (2)

Negotiation Details – Fairly easy in my case, he offered more than I expected and I was quickly given a steep raise after 3 months

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very Easy Interview

Sales Manager Interview

Sales Manager
San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PSAV in January 2014.

Interview Details – The process includes a phone screening, panel interview and a meeting with the regional directors. Overall the HR staff is friendly and easy to talk to; they also seem like a strong team of people who enjoy what they do. It seems like the type of company that offers plenty of help for career development.

Sales Manager Interview

Sales Manager

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at PSAV.

Interview Details – Every applicant should be applying online. Do your best in researching the company website and Linkedin. Make sure you include cover letter and resume that matches keywords. This helps your application go through. The HR recruiter for the region will reach out to schedule a phone interview. Be honest and ask questions after (questions that are relevant to your work-life). They will sometimes tell you at the end of the call if you made it to next steps. Follow-up with thank you email regardless. For second interview, it will be three people: Sales director, Regional Director, and HR person. You will get these names in advance so look them up and prepare to speak to their best interests. Try to dress for the job +1. Be at least 15 minutes early. Do your best. Ask questions. Thank them sincerely. Follow-up email to all. If you make it to the last and final round, repeat the same process and you will be fine. Negotiate your salary after your offer, within $5k or so. They should be happy you would.

Interview Question – "Sell me this pen"   View Answer

Director of Event Technology Interview

Director of Event Technology

I applied online and interviewed at PSAV.

Interview Details – I did an initial phone interview of which they were extremely late from the time that was setup. Interviewer was nice but unprofessional.

I then interviewed in person with regional director on site. He was all over the place with his thoughts. Before we even got started he told me that I wasn't qualified for the position. He said that he would rather me be a sales manager. He then said I could work as a part time technician to get more hands on experience before circling back to the idea of a sales manager.

Once he started talking salary we both realized that this just wasn't going to work out. The whole process was kinda odd and left me feeling they were not the most organized and we'll run company.

Interview Question – I wasn't asked many questions. It seemed like they were doing all the talking and based their opinions solely on my resume.   Answer Question

Technician Interview

Technician
Valencia, CA

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at PSAV in September 2013.

Interview Details – Look presentable. Wear a full suit and shave.

Interview Question – They ask your basic knowledge of the A.V world.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Sign a letter.

PSAV Sales Manager - Hotel Divisions Interview

PSAV Sales Manager - Hotel Divisions
San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at PSAV in October 2011.

Interview Details – I had one telephone interview that was about 20 minutes, very casual. I was right out of college with no work experience but had a very good feeling about the interview. I prepared well, researched the company and its latest movements and made sure to mention these.
I wrote a follow up email thanking the phone interviewer and he received me very positively, as I was told in a follow up interview.

I then went to 2 in person interviews, each with a panel of 3 people. The first was about 45 minutes, the second only 25.
Again, I prepped well, made sure to have information on the company and excellent answers to typically asked questions - I wasn't asked anything random. What are my strengths, weaknesses, who do I work well with, tell us about a time you had to overcome an issue, and how, etc...

I left both interviews feeling confident, the interview was more conversational than interrogative.

Interview Question – Why should we hire you for this job?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was told in advance the position paid between $35-$45k as it was a nationwide position being filled in several states. I was offered $45k and when I tried to negotiate was told this was the highest they were able to offer based on San Francisco's starting pay for the position.

ETS III Interview

ETS III
Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PSAV.

Interview Details – Hiring process is relatively quick if you are selected. Everyone is given the opportunity to advance.

Interview Question – What if anything would make you regret taking a position?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Yes, but more difficult than other employers.

Assistant Director Interview

Assistant Director
Bonita Springs, FL

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at PSAV in October 2012.

Interview Details – The Interview and Hiring Process took far too long. 2 months. Vague interviews. Very inflexible and unflinching attitude towards salary and benefit negotiation.

Interview Question – "Do you have any questions for *us*?" -The interviewing Panel   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Not very giving. I only got a $2k bump on my Salary Negotiation and it was clear I was being taken advantage of for my salary. I was cheaper to use than an hourly employee owed overtime. Very 'take it or leave it'. It was very long and arduous for a position that did not require the amount of drama I went through to get it. Very indecisive.

Interviews for Top Jobs at PSAV

Worked for PSAV? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at PSAV interview questions and advice. All 44 interview reviews posted anonymously by PSAV employees and interview candidates.