PSAV Interview Questions

Updated Jun 22, 2015

2.6

Part TIme Audio/Visual Technician Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at PSAV.

Interview

Interview process was pretty easy.
    Pretty relaxed atmosphere. Attire for most locations is suit and tie, so suit and tie to the interview is recommended.
    Most of the questions had a heavy emphasis on customer service, mostly situational type questions.
    It was quite a while ago that I interviewed, so I don't remember specific questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to deal with an angry/dissatisfied customer   Answer Question

AV Technician Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at PSAV.

Interview

Applied online, had a phone interview and a face to face. Wear a suit. They don't really care about your tech experience (they will train you) they just want to make sure you're willing to work unusual hours and you're not going to screw over your team by coming in late or refusing to do basic stuff like put equipment away properly.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had a difficult customer and how you handled it.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at PSAV (San Francisco, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

1st interview Tuesday, 2nd interview Friday, job offer Monday. Very nice people, formal looking but casual approach, very simple questions. Basically asks if you can handle what the job entails (long hours, physical work, difficult clients, etc). Just show up in nice attire and a nicer smile and everything will go along swimmingly.

Audio Visual Technician Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at PSAV.

Interview

The interview was relaxed and professional. Great explanation of the company and position. They were just trying to get a feel for what type of personality you had it seemed like; they wanted to see if you would fit well with the other members of the company. Overall a simple process; although, the online application process leaves room for potential employees to be skipped over easily.

Interview Questions

• No ridiculous interview questions were asked. Mostly situational questioning.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Phone call offer and then an official offer letter through email. The hiring Director stressed that it is a full-time position and wanted to make sure I was ready for that commitment.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at PSAV (New Orleans, LA) in February 2015.

Interview

One Phone interview, then an in person interview with a lead Tech, and director of operations. It was a very simple process. They bring you in, ask you a few questions regarding your background, show you the facility, and if they like you they make an offer right there.

Interview Questions

• What is a common frequency to notch out when "ringing" out a room?   1 Answer

AV Technician Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at PSAV.

Interview

Great explanation of position. Well spoken manager. Direct and concise on what is expected. Communicated precisely and in detail with visual aids. Went over all the bases and covered them well before moving on. Hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Two word comparisons and situational and behavioral questionnaire.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Incoming.

Sales Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at PSAV (Orlando, FL) in December 2014.

Interview

I went through three interviews: phone, panel, and interview with their RVP. Very relaxed and situational questions. The process took about a week but I was contacted and told what the next step of the process would be. Even though i didn't get the job I was pleased with the process

Audio Visual Technician Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PSAV.

Interview

Fairly straightforward process and a positive experience. Unlike many of these other reviews it didn't take too long (although I did take some proactive steps to speed up the process).

After applying to the position, I didn't receive any contact until about 2 weeks later when a recruiter called me. One week later (after some pressing to get the interview scheduled) I received a call from a hiring manager for the region to set up the in-person interview.

The interview was with two Directors at a very high-end hotel & conference center which was one of PSAV's clients. The questions were nothing out of the ordinary, there were one or two technical questions. Do your research of the company! Can't stress that enough.

In the end we had a very nice discussion and it was a positive experience.

Interview Questions

• Where do you want to be in 5 years?
      What's the difference between an analog and digital audio mixer?

Answer Question

Negotiation

Not much negotiation although in my case I didn't really try.

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at PSAV.

Interview

i interviewed 2 different times at this company. the first interview was convention style where they had a big room with lots of positions open for fire. the second was a call from on the the directors who wanted to meet with me.

Interview Questions

• tell me a time you had a difficult customer and how you may of dealt with it the wrong way?   Answer Question

Sales Assistant Interview

Interview

The Interview process was three interviews in all it was first two phone interviews and one face to face interview with three of the main people in that area in that field