PSAV Interview Questions

Updated Aug 30, 2015

2.6

Event Technology Specialist II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PSAV (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Applied Online for a PSAV Career Fair and attended the event. Got a call setup with a manager from one of their LA locations Got hired over the phone. Some hotel are cool, but the people you get to deal with in the hotel industry are just a pain, so I left that industry due to dumb hotel stuff.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience with the hotel industry? What do you know about video, audio, and lighting?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PSAV (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

I was hired at a 1-on-1 job fair interview with the regional director. They don't pay a living wage to techs so I insisted that I wanted to rise through the ranks. That got their interest and they moved me on to drug and background testing. Trust me, they are so desperate for bodies that this is a formality and they won't look either one.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself?   1 Answer

Event Technology Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at PSAV (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Came to a hiring event that involved myself and three other candidates. We were all interviewed individually. I was asked questions by two different executives within the company in a very conversational manner. The experience was professional in the sense that I had to be very succinct in the answers that I gave but they made me feel comfortable that I could deliver answers with ease.

Interview Questions

• They asked me what I wanted out of this job.   1 Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Coppell, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PSAV (Coppell, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

Found job posting on LinkedIn and applied directly on their careers website. Took 3 days for their recruiter to reach out to me to set up a phone interview. All went well and the next day he set up an in person interview for me to meet the director, whom I will be working under. Interview was the following week. During the interview, everything flowed and went well. --or so I thought. He made it seem like I answered all the questions to his liking because he would expand on my answers and agree with me. Giving me examples of instances that recently happened with him where he was able to relate. That would give any candidate a push to right direction thinking they nailed it. Especially since he stated towards the end of the interview that they will get back in touch with me with further details with the hiring process and my availability. The day after the interview, I sent an email to them thanking them for giving me the opportunity. No response. The recruiter was on vacation for 2 weeks so I get why I didn't get a response or word. However, you would think they would have someone as his backfill to cover his workload since it wasn't a couple of days vacation. When he was to come back to work, he didn't even have the audacity to contact me and let me know that they decided on someone else because all I got was a "Application Declined" status on my profile. Really glad I didn't get the job now because THAT is the kind of "professional" people I would've been working with.

Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at PSAV (Minneapolis, MN) in July 2015.

Interview

My resume was sent through my college. They called me and emailed me the same day and set up a time for a phone interview. The day of the phone interview they asked me simple questions like will you be able to hold up to our cleanliness standards? Why do you want to work at PSAV. Can you lift 50 pounds? Then he set me up for an in person interview 4 days later. This interview was started off by him saying "I don't do interviews the usual way, I have you ask me the questions." Lots of awkward pauses after he answered my questions. Asked if I could lift 25 pounds, what boards I had experience with, and what got me interested in PSAV. The entire interview he seemed to be trying to make a point that he usually hired males and made me feel uncomfortable. He also let his cellphone ring in his pocket while I was answering one of the very few questions he asked me. Made a statement about how he was glad it was Friday and he got to go home soon after the interview. At the end of the interview he said he'd reach me by the next Friday. I emailed a thank you note. Never got a call back. All together the interview was very uncomfortable and he seemed quite unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Phone interview: Can you lift 50 pounds? In person interview: Can you lift 25 pounds? Also he started the interview by saying "I don't do interviews the usual way, I have you ask the questions." Be prepared with multiple questions.   1 Answer

Part TIme Audio/Visual Technician Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at PSAV.

Interview

Interview process was pretty easy. Pretty relaxed atmosphere. Attire for most locations is suit and tie, so suit and tie to the interview is recommended. Most of the questions had a heavy emphasis on customer service, mostly situational type questions. It was quite a while ago that I interviewed, so I don't remember specific questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to deal with an angry/dissatisfied customer   Answer Question

Audio Visual Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PSAV (Chicago, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

When applying for this position online, I selected multiple locations during my submission; There weren't really any suburb specific cities in the Greater Chicago area available to apply for. I first got an email about setting up a phone interview with the recruiter. During the phone interview the recruiter said he was calling me about my Chicago application. The recruiter asked where I would prefer to work and I told him that I lived in the Northwest Suburbs but that it didn't matter. The phone interview was very simple, basically just finding out your qualifications and feeling you out as a person. I suggest talking about customer service experience if you have any; this was my first AV job so the only tangible experience I had to work with was my degree and retail experience. Next I was set up with an interview for a hotel in the Northwest Suburbs. 2 directors interviewed me at the same time; I wouldn't call my interview stressful, but it was slightly difficult to divide my attention between them. My biggest advice is SMILE. They asked basic interview questions to get a feel for how I would handle situations. They barely focused on technical knowledge. If you have a friend in the company, definitely put their name down as your referral; I think it's something like 40% of new hires in the company are referrals. My friend who works for the company that I put as my referral was called almost immediately after my interview. I was offered the job about 2 days after my in-person interview. The recruiter fills you in on everything, even after your in-person interview. You will be asked to take a drug test and they will run a background check on you before your hire. If you're currently employed, they will allow you to give them your 2 weeks notice before starting your new position.

Interview Questions

• Name your favorite supervisor and why they were your favorite.   Answer Question

AV Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PSAV.

Interview

Applied online, had a phone interview and a face to face. Wear a suit. They don't really care about your tech experience (they will train you) they just want to make sure you're willing to work unusual hours and you're not going to screw over your team by coming in late or refusing to do basic stuff like put equipment away properly.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had a difficult customer and how you handled it.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at PSAV (San Francisco, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

1st interview Tuesday, 2nd interview Friday, job offer Monday. Very nice people, formal looking but casual approach, very simple questions. Basically asks if you can handle what the job entails (long hours, physical work, difficult clients, etc). Just show up in nice attire and a nicer smile and everything will go along swimmingly.

Audio Visual Technician Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at PSAV.

Interview

The interview was relaxed and professional. Great explanation of the company and position. They were just trying to get a feel for what type of personality you had it seemed like; they wanted to see if you would fit well with the other members of the company. Overall a simple process; although, the online application process leaves room for potential employees to be skipped over easily.

Interview Questions

• No ridiculous interview questions were asked. Mostly situational questioning.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Phone call offer and then an official offer letter through email. The hiring Director stressed that it is a full-time position and wanted to make sure I was ready for that commitment.