PSAV Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA

2.2

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Hotel A/V Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online - interviewed at PSAV in May 2014.

In the hiring process they do a really good job to impress you and buy into their company. What they did was "invite" me to a five star hotel where they had a ballroom set-up with audio,lighting,projectors and snacks and beverages. They had about 25-40 other attendee's and do a short briefing about their company. They then take you to to their back interview space where they have two HR people interview you. My personal opinion is that they try to impress you so that they can hire you for CHEAP!

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time where you made a client really happy.
      Tell me about a time when you made a mistake and had to own up to the client
        View Answer

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PSAV in January 2014.

The process includes a phone screening, panel interview and a meeting with the regional directors. Overall the HR staff is friendly and easy to talk to; they also seem like a strong team of people who enjoy what they do. It seems like the type of company that offers plenty of help for career development.

PSAV Sales Manager - Hotel Divisions Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at PSAV in October 2011.

I had one telephone interview that was about 20 minutes, very casual. I was right out of college with no work experience but had a very good feeling about the interview. I prepared well, researched the company and its latest movements and made sure to mention these.
    I wrote a follow up email thanking the phone interviewer and he received me very positively, as I was told in a follow up interview.

I then went to 2 in person interviews, each with a panel of 3 people. The first was about 45 minutes, the second only 25.
    Again, I prepped well, made sure to have information on the company and excellent answers to typically asked questions - I wasn't asked anything random. What are my strengths, weaknesses, who do I work well with, tell us about a time you had to overcome an issue, and how, etc...

I left both interviews feeling confident, the interview was more conversational than interrogative.

Interview Questions
    I was told in advance the position paid between $35-$45k as it was a nationwide position being filled in several states. I was offered $45k and when I tried to negotiate was told this was the highest they were able to offer based on San Francisco's starting pay for the position.

Event Technology Specialist III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

The process took 4 months - interviewed at PSAV in May 2011.

The first thing I would say is don't get discouraged at how long the process takes. I put in an application in November of 2010. I had forgotten about it until February when they contacted me to set up a phone interview.

First was a phone interview: The phone interview seemed like more of screen for competence. They questions were very standard questions you would see if you googled "common interview questions". Tell me about a time when... tell me you're best attribute etc.

I was then called for a face to face with the manager of property I'd be working at. It went well and was super easy... felt more like a tour of the property than an actual interview. Super basic questions regarding the position while we walked around. They hired internally but he recommended me for another open position to HR.

I had another similar interview for this new position and again they hired internally, but told me there would be some movement in the company and that job might open up. Well it did and I got it... but not without a little persistence with HR. Several times I was told they would contact me by a certain day. That day would go by and I would contact them a few days later to get an update. They were helpful, you just have to be persistent.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you made a mistake and had to own up to it.   Answer Question
    Non existent, this was an entry level position and were set with their offer... $15/hr for the Event Technology Specialist III position.

Worked for PSAV? Contribute to the Community!