PSEG

Relevance Date Difficulty

IT Manager Interview

IT Manager
Newark, NJ

I applied online and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at PSEG.

Interview Details – The interview process was a three part process an initial phone interview by the hiring manager, a 2nd panel interview with several people including someone from HR, and a 3rd interview with the hiring manager and the CIO. This process was probably an 8-10 week process from the original submission of a resume.

Give yourself some extra time for the onsite interviews. They go through a security screening process similar to what is done at the airports but a lot slower...

Interview Question – Standard Behavioral interview questions as previous reviewers mentioned.   Answer Question

PSEG Services Position Interview

PSEG Services Position
Newark, NJ

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at PSEG.

Interview Details – Interview process includes getting in front of a panel of three for an hour; primarily answering behavioral questions. Only a half an hour with the hiring manager. Considering that interact with my manager much more than any of the panel members, I was confused as to why I only got a half an hour with him.

Interview Question – Unexpected that I'd have to take a behavioral and skill based test after I was interviewed by 5-6 people. Seemed like a waste of time for everyone.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Interview process was bizarre giving me an uneasy feeling about the company

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
Newark, NJ

I applied through a staffing agency - interviewed at PSEG in September 2012.

Interview Details – I got the interview through a staffing agency. It was a pretty straight forward easy interview by my manager with typical interview questions. The manager that I interviewed with spoke a lot. He probably spoke more than I did. This was helpful since I kind of knew what he was looking for and I answered my questions accordingly. The position did require excel knowledge and I was asked questions in regards to it.

Interview Question – How would you stayed organized if you were dealing with multiple projects at any given time.u   Answer Question

SRO Interview

SRO
Salem, NJ

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at PSEG.

Interview Details – 2 person interview with no HR representation.

Interview Question – Normal behavioral based questions   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager

I applied online and interviewed at PSEG.

Interview Details – Long process. Panel interview had too many questions. Didn't meet the hiring manager

Interview Question – What was the biggest challenge you've had? and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Low starting salary that took a long time to get into mid range.

Very Easy Interview

Credit Analyst Interview

Credit Analyst
Newark, NJ

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at PSEG in March 2011.

Interview Details – Fairly simple. One interview with no technical questions for a very technical position.

Interview Question – Describe our program to us.   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Lineman Interview

Lineman
Secaucus, NJ

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PSEG.

Interview Details – Star questions.

Interview Question – Name a time you disagreed with a supervisor.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None

Fossil Manager Interview

Fossil Manager
Newark, NJ

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at PSEG in April 2010.

Interview Details – One on one interviews with managers and directors. Easy questions, relaxed interview.

Interview Question – How would you deliver bad news to your director?   Answer Question

Systems Manager Interview

Systems Manager
Salem, NJ

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at PSEG in June 2009.

Interview Details – Be ready for the 7 questions they always ask in nuclear plants. Questions are usually provided several days before the interview. "Situation" "Task" "actions you took" and "Results"

Interview Question – Nothing very technical based by if you can answer their questions with a technical reference you will stand out better   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Haggle some. You might be able to increase the offer

Human Resources Professional Interview

Human Resources Professional

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at PSEG.

Interview Details – The interviewing process had 3 phases. First you have to complete a questionnaire with questions pertaining to the position you applied for. Then the next round is a panel interview with 5 people from different functional departments (HR, Payroll, Accounting, Legal, Finance). Then the final phase is face to face with the hiring manager and the department head.

Interview Question – They utilize the STAR interviewing format, so there really wasn't any difficult or unexpected question.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The negotiating phase was simple. They made an offer, I countered and we met in the middle.

Interviews for Top Jobs at PSEG

Worked for PSEG? Contribute to the Community!