PSS World Medical

www.pssworldmedical.com

PSS World Medical Interview Questions

2.8

Marketing Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at PSS World Medical.

Very thorough process. You will meet with a lot of people, and get a good feel for the company and the culture. Culture is inclusive, yet closed to anyone who is not brought up within the bounds of the operations or sales group.

Interview Questions
    • If you were an animal, which one would you be and why?   Answer Question
    Some negotiation for bonus versus salary, as they are (were) a performance driven culture

WM Payroll Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at PSS World Medical in December 2010.

Received a phone call from the Payroll Director to interview for the position.
    Scheduled the interview for two days later.
    I did extensive research on the Company and even downloaded a trial of the HR/Payroll software they use but was not asked whether I knew anything about the Company...

Interview Questions
    • There were not any difficult or unexpected interview questions asked.   View Answer

Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at PSS World Medical in November 2010.

Appeared I was getting the position, and then found out via email. Very unprofessional.

No negotiation.

Territory Sales Representative Interview

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at PSS World Medical in August 2011.

One on one phone interview lasting an hour. Very conversational but asked alot about past job and skills/experience.
    Scheduled a week later to meet HM. One hour interview asking a few behavioral questions, but also alot of questions about the role and understanding of the industry. Asked on the spot to do a mock call on a Dr.
    2 weeks later met with Regional VP. Same sort of questions and why should we hire you for the role.
    Offer made a week later

Interview Questions
    • How do you organize your day?
      How assertive are you?
      What are the best thing / worst things about being a rep?

Answer Question

Operations Leader Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at PSS World Medical in May 2011.

Phone interview with company recruiter. Phone interview with VP of operations. Phone interview with District VP (This could be 1 on 1 if in the same city) Site visit to nearest distribution center with 1 on 1 interview with operations leader at the facility. Fly to Jacksonville, FL, have dinner with a group of 2-6 (mine was 6) of the regional VPs (hard to get a bite of food because of the intense interview going on.) Finally a panel interview in which they will bring you in during lunch during a quarterly meeting. I had 10 people at the table and 4 on the conference call. They put you more inside the U shaped table so there will actually be people sitting behind you over each shoulder. It was rather uncomfortable and admittedly nerve racking. I pretty much lost the interview because I was not loud enough and they could tell I was nervous one VP in particular will "call you out." if you give him a chance.

Interview Questions
    • They deal with Lean Manufactoring, but are looking for leaders, not managers. Seems like a great company with a unique culture, they test you in all aspects, phone, face to face, social environment, panell interview. It is rough, but very likely worth it.   Answer Question