PT Gaming Interview Questions

Updated Jul 18, 2015

2.2

Banker/Third Party Player Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at PT Gaming (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

They just tell you what job position you are applying for and ask you for your availability. The phone interview was very easy as well. They ask you what you like to do for fun, etc. Easy peasy, nothing to be nervous about.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at PT Gaming (West Sacramento, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Group interview with 6-8 other candidates. 1 manager asks each candidate one by one a list of the "typical" interview questions, about 3-5 questions each. Pretty easy and simple. Afterwards, the manager asks everyone to sit out in the lobby and then call each candidate for a one-on-one interview. During the one-on-one interview, you are asked to complete a very basic and timed (1-2 minutes) math worksheet of about 70-100 addition and subtraction problems. Don't worry, it was super easy. Some of the ppl that moved on in the interview process stated that they only completed about 20 problems in the 1-2 minutes given. If you are asked to stay after your one-on-one interview, you stick around for "round 2" of the interview process, if not, you leave after your one-on-one. My group began with 8 interviewees and only 4, including me, made it to the second round. The round 2 part of the interview process is a group setting mock trial of the card game black jack (not 21). My group had two additional managers sit in on the mock game, along with the original interview manager and a trainer/dealer. The managers watched on (visually interviewing you) as you play a few hands of black jack. The trainer/dealer briefly explains the game to you, tell you the currency amount of each color chip and then gives each player a stack of chips, in no set amount. He then asks you how much each chip is worth and then how much in total money you have in chips. Sounds pretty simple, yet a few got this part wrong! The trainer/dealer then deals the hand and asks each player how much they have in points, based on the value of there cards. He then asks each player if they would like to 'stay' or 'hit'. He does this for a few rounds and then lets you play without asking you any questions. Then the managers will ask you a serious of questions to see how experienced you are in the card game(s), asking things like "on a scale of 1 to 10..." They repeatedly explain that it is NOT important how experienced you are, that they will train you. Nonetheless, it was a pretty easy, simple and fun interview. Until the initial interviewing manager asked me how many children I had and when I have her the answer her face spoke for itself as if it was a deal breaker... She seemed pretty nice before this question yet afterwards it seemed like it went downhill. Please, for your sake DON'T answer personal/illegal questions about your personal life. This may hurt you if your candidacy if you do. They seem as though they want people who are very accommodating, as they stress overtime. Maybe having children makes you less flexible in their eyes?? Deflect these questions with other positive attributes about yourself and what you can offer the company. Hope this helps!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with an irate customer and what did you do? Do you have children? How many do you have? .... <---- Don't answer this!!   Answer Question

Banking Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at PT Gaming.

Interview

They're looking for people who can do math, flexible schedules, and have some sort of customer experience. They also will make you do testes and ask you to leave your current job. They might as you to come back the next day then just reject you at the end of the day with a call....

Banker/Third Party Player Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Pablo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at PT Gaming (San Pablo, CA) in December 2014.

Interview

The interview was quick 30-45min it was a group interview. You will be quized on basic math 2min pop quiz 50 questions ex: K + 3+ A= 14, 7+ 4+ Q= 21 Easy interview don't stress just be yourself and show your detail oriented and can count and you got it.

Anonymous Employee in Emeryville, CA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at PT Gaming (Emeryville, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

Applied online and a week later received a phone call for a interview. Small group interviews were being held through out the day, mine had 5 including myself. First thing we did was a math test which was like 50questions and we had 60seconds to do them and get them right. One could be 1 plus 4 and the next could be 9 plus 8 plus 7 plus 3. After that asked us simple questions like why we wanted to work there, how many times is it okay to be late (boy said once or twice lol) After that she let us know what we would be doing and what the hours would be like. After the interview was done she said she would let us know at the end of the day if we got it or not. I knew I wasn't going to get it because of the math part, I was nervous and when everyone is finshing before you you start to mess up. Interview was fair, could have landed the job but need to brush up on my math skills even though I can count money all day lol. One lady just moved to America but was a math teacher and the other boy took math in college.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Emeryville, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PT Gaming (Emeryville, CA).

Interview

Other than the usual interview questions with extra emphasis on nights and weekends, the only thing that stood out was a basic math test about 15 questions long. The test was done on using a computer displaying several blackjack hands and is basically just to see how well you can count when given a random set of playing cards.

Interview Questions

• The only important questions they had were whether or not you were able to work graveyard hours and weekends   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Bruno, CA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at PT Gaming (San Bruno, CA) in July 2014.

Interview

I applied online heard back the next day and was scheduled for an interview 2 days after call. Both day 1 and 2 Interviewers were both friendly and fun. Questions asked were normal interview questions All questions asked were expected nothing out of the blue

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I'm yet to go for orientation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elk Grove, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PT Gaming (Elk Grove, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

Applied online and got a call for interview the same day. Interview was a panel interview with 3 HR reps. Process took about two weeks but that was mostly because I had to schedule around the job I had at the time.

Interview Questions

• Nothing real difficult. All questions about past experience. Unexpected: They handed out a piece of paper asking who did you think in the interview was the least qualified, most qualified, and why they should hire you.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Went to the hiring orientation where they give you an offer letter. Did not negotiate pay so I do not know how that would have went.

Gaming Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at PT Gaming in September 2013.

Interview

Started online, then did a phone interview. I Interviewed in person 2 days later. Start to finish was 5 days. The whole process was easy. I didn't think the company was being very selective. They need people to sit at the gambling tables and back up the bank with the company's money. Keep an eye on the dealer and make sure they're not cheating.

Interview Questions

I asked current employees about the job. They said that it seemed fun at first but got boring real fast. Same old thing everyday. People I talked to didn't get a raise in years. No real involvement from mgmt. Disorganized. Seems like they don't care about their people. High turnover.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at PT Gaming (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

called them after seeing a job posting, set up interview with the rep. interviewer ask questions regarding past job duties, hobbies and other straightforward questions. Friend told me they do like like to hire gamblers also so its safe to state you know how to play the games but not often at a casino