PTC

PTC Interview Questions

Updated Jan 23, 2015
Updated Jan 23, 2015

Software Engineer Interview

Highly technical interview, had to write programs calculating the distance between curves in space

Interview Questions
    Two senior managers yelling at me

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Needham, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at PTC in February 2013.

The interview process was extremely pleasant and satisfying. There was an initial phone call that lasted about 20 minutes with a recruiter. I was then brought in to a fantastic campus (free parking) and met with the Director. He took me through the company's background and vision going forward, sharing with me what he wanted to build. I then met with his boss and went home. That evening, I got a call from the recruiter with an offer.

Interview Questions
    • If someone did not want to work for PTC, knowing what you know, how would you convince them to do so?   Answer Question

Production Engineer Interview

First HR interviewed me, asked some basic questions such as where I'm working, what do I do, salary and benefits, etc.
    Second, hiring manager interview : Some technical and behavior questions
    Third : Support specialist interview : Mostly technical, how do you approach or fix some specific problems

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at PTC.

Very casual

Interview Questions
    Very straight forward. The benefits are well defined and the first offer was close to the max they could offer based on how they could bill me to the DoD

Senior Technical Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at PTC.

Very thorough. Technical consulting manager led several levels of interview by herself, her team of technical consultants and also with senior management.

Onboarding process was good and well supported.

Interview Questions
    I got what I was asking in terms of salary by asking for it.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at PTC in August 2012.

I was contacted via LinkedIn by company recruiter asking if I am interested in this role. Few e-mails later, including sending my resume, we set up interview time and we talked. It turned up that this recruiter have not read my resume and during the interview suddenly it was obvious to him that I am not the fit. If this company works like that - beware.

Strategic Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at PTC in June 2012.

Many levels of interview process

Open and forthright

Intern Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at PTC in March 2012.

I spoke to their HR manager at a job fair and submitted my resume to him. I got an e-mail that same week to schedule a phone interview. Interview went great. It consisted of 2 basic questions and 5 technical questions about Java. Did not move further in the interview process because I'm not a US citizen. I was advised to apply for jobs with their company that did not require a US citizenship.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

I applied online – interviewed at PTC in January 2012.

Phone interview first and then on site interview.

Interview Questions
    • they had disconnected their computer from Internet which was little strange and gave me a problem: read a file, find all anagrams and keep track of number each anagram so then you can list each anagram along with number of occurrences. The algorithm should be very fast process a large file.   Answer Question

MCAD Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Needham, MA

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at PTC in January 2012.

My initial contact was an email from my point of contact at the company. I then received a call from the person who would be my supervisor. Questions included what PTC does, its role in the industry, my experience with PTC, my prior experience with similar software, as well as my ideas of what I would bring to PTC. After the call I received a follow-up call with my offer.

Interview Questions
    • Honestly the most difficult part of PTC's interviewing process would be describing what PTC does and its role in the industry.   View Answer