PTC

51 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at PTC in March 2012.

Interview Details – I spoke to their HR manager at a job fair and submitted my resume to him. I got an e-mail that same week to schedule a phone interview. Interview went great. It consisted of 2 basic questions and 5 technical questions about Java. Did not move further in the interview process because I'm not a US citizen. I was advised to apply for jobs with their company that did not require a US citizenship.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Inside Sales Representative

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at PTC.

Interview Details – Was contacted by hiring manager after seeing my resume on Indeed. Had 2 phone interviews, One with hiring manager and one with a low level manager in the Inside Sales Department. They went very well and I learned very quickly they wanted me to come in for a in person interview.
Went to interview and it went well. Said they were hiring 1-2 people and interviewing around 12. Did not get a call back. Process seemed long. If I had gotten a call back would have had to go through 3-4 more rounds of in person interviews moving up the ladder each time.

Had to follow up with hiring manager a couple times to find out and he did not have any feedback for me. Seems like a great company to work for.

Interview Question – everything was standard. In the interview talked about myself and experiences. The managers were young, maybe in their late 20s and seems like good guys.   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

Associate Consultant
Blaine, MN

I applied through college or university and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at PTC in March 2011.

Interview Details – I first talked to a manager at my school's career fair. The company seemed genuinely interesting and I was intrigued. I then applied online and received a phone interview a couple weeks later. The interviewer was nice and asked basic interview questions (e.g. describe a time when you struggled with.., etc..). The following week I spoke with the hiring manager based out of Minnesota as that is where the Consultant training program is conducted. She was very nice and scheduled a time to fly out to Minnesota and have a formal interview.

During my formal interview, I met with the hiring manager as well as a Principal Consultant. He asked a majority of the questions while the hiring manager took notes and chimed in here and there. Afterwards, I was told I would be hearing from them. The next day I received a phone call and was offered the job.

Interview Question – You are a part of a school group that is receiving a lot of money to help aid in a research project. This project has very high visibility with your peers, school faculty and even community. Your team consists of three people: A 'know-it-all' who likes to do all of the work, a passive 'slacker,' and yourself. You just found out you won't make the deadline for the project. How do you approach this situation?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiations were non-existent. The job is salaried at a base of $50k with an $8k housing stipend paid out bi-monthly throughout the months you are living in Minnesota for training. If you are kept on after training, you are then salaried at $58k.

Human Resources Interview

Human Resources
Needham, MA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at PTC in February 2013.

Interview Details – The interview process was extremely pleasant and satisfying. There was an initial phone call that lasted about 20 minutes with a recruiter. I was then brought in to a fantastic campus (free parking) and met with the Director. He took me through the company's background and vision going forward, sharing with me what he wanted to build. I then met with his boss and went home. That evening, I got a call from the recruiter with an offer.

Interview Question – If someone did not want to work for PTC, knowing what you know, how would you convince them to do so?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer

Interviewed at PTC

Interview Details – Highly technical interview, had to write programs calculating the distance between curves in space

Interview Question – Newton Raphson method convergence   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Two senior managers yelling at me

Production Engineer Interview

Production Engineer

Interview Details – First HR interviewed me, asked some basic questions such as where I'm working, what do I do, salary and benefits, etc.
Second, hiring manager interview : Some technical and behavior questions
Third : Support specialist interview : Mostly technical, how do you approach or fix some specific problems

Interview Question – How do you fix the blue screen error on Windows   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

Associate Consultant
Minneapolis, MN

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at PTC in October 2011.

Interview Details – I was contacted for an interview after applying online and the initial phone interview was very standard and fairly easy. The in person interview is where it gets difficult. They don't come off very personable or friendly, clearly they do too many and don't seem to try to connect with the interviewee. Basically its more of a neutral environment rather than welcoming environment.

Interview Question – How do you work in unregulated environments   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Pricing Analyst Interview

Pricing Analyst
Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at PTC in October 2011.

Interview Details – Ridiculous! Multiple cycles in and out of a hiring freeze, then they change the position on me and give me a low-ball number.

Interview Question – None. I don't think they asked me any questions besides, "tell me about yourself."   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They gave me an offer, I told them t was far too low, they bumpped it the slightest little bit.

Analyst Interview

Analyst
Las Vegas, NV

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at PTC.

Interview Details – Very casual

Interview Question – What's on your bucket list   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very straight forward. The benefits are well defined and the first offer was close to the max they could offer based on how they could bill me to the DoD

Associate Technical Consultant Interview

Associate Technical Consultant
Bellevue, WA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at PTC in April 2008.

Interview Details – The interview process was very basic.
Questions asked of me were mainly about what I did in college and how well I can speak to people of different statues.
There were no technical questions when I interviewed, and the interviewer was picking random questions straight off a piece of paper, right in front of me. It fel tmore like I wasdriving the whole process rather than me being put to the test.

Interview Question – Tell me about one challenging project you came across and how you dealt with it?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiation was...non-negotiable. The HR had a specific number and would not go higher.