PTC Interview Questions in Needham, MA

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Senior Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Needham, MA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at PTC in March 2014.

Had a 30 minutes phone screen with company recruiter.
    Had another 30 minute phone screen with Operations Manager and Division Manager with mostly questions on behavior and technical knowledge. After this call I felt that I didn't have the technical background they were looking for.
    They setup an in-person interview which was with 4 different managers of that division and product. Started off questions on behavior then moved into somewhat difficult technical questions mostly focusing on Java. I had said in previous phone screens that I hadn't had a lot of experience with Java which became apparent during their questioning. I got an email the next week saying I did not get the job due to my lack of technical knowledge of which I was not surprised.

Interview Questions
    • They asked fairly in depth questions on Java including stack trace debugging and explanation of the initial Java statement (static void main class)   Answer Question

Digital Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Needham, MA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at PTC in March 2014.

My first communication with the organization was through LinkedIn; it's where I submitted my resume and made first contact with the company. The follow-up was quick, the HR manager reached out to me within a couple hours to set up an initial phone conversation. After that call, I was connected with three additional team members in succession before visiting the company campus for an in-person conversation with the whole team and the department's manager.

I ended up withdrawing my application after accepting an offer elsewhere, but I felt that the PTC hiring process was thorough and fair.

Interview Questions
    • It sounds like a cliche, but this interview was the first time I was asked "where do you expect to be in five years". It was a question I hadn't prepared, since I anticipated questions focused almost entirely on the responsibilities of the role.   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Needham, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at PTC in February 2013.

The interview process was extremely pleasant and satisfying. There was an initial phone call that lasted about 20 minutes with a recruiter. I was then brought in to a fantastic campus (free parking) and met with the Director. He took me through the company's background and vision going forward, sharing with me what he wanted to build. I then met with his boss and went home. That evening, I got a call from the recruiter with an offer.

Interview Questions
    • If someone did not want to work for PTC, knowing what you know, how would you convince them to do so?   Answer Question

MCAD Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Needham, MA

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at PTC in January 2012.

My initial contact was an email from my point of contact at the company. I then received a call from the person who would be my supervisor. Questions included what PTC does, its role in the industry, my experience with PTC, my prior experience with similar software, as well as my ideas of what I would bring to PTC. After the call I received a follow-up call with my offer.

Interview Questions
    • Honestly the most difficult part of PTC's interviewing process would be describing what PTC does and its role in the industry.   View Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Needham, MA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at PTC in October 2011.

After a preliminary phone call with a recruiter, I had a 1 on 1 interview with the hiring manager. After that I was brought in to meet with two of the managers i would be working for, and since the third one was traveling at the time, I was brought back in a second time to meet with him seperately

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about your background. Where you went to school, how you ended up there, and what you studied   Answer Question

Markeing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Needham, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at PTC in July 2011.

I met with the heads of several cross functional groups and all the heads of the departments I was applying to. It was a very long interview process and I met seven (7) people face-to-face and two (2) more via conference calls. I had the feeling that a few of the people I interviewed with really did not care, and it seemed that they were on a check list of people to include in the interview process.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked how I "manage up"? In particular, how would I get people further up stream in the process to change what they are doing for the common good of the process. In other words, how would I handle having to ask higher level executives to change their process (and sometimes this would be a considerable change) in order to improve the end-to-end process.   Answer Question
    I found they were open to negotiate salary, bonus and stock options. I found they were okay with overall package I requested, but they adjusted more on the cash bonus and less and the salary. The bonus has been routinely paid.

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Needham, MA

interviewed at PTC in February 2011.

Two interviews--one over the phone with someone from the field (in my case, an Architect), then a live interview (in my case, with two members of upper management)

Interview Questions
    • All questions were of the 'behavioral' type; did have situation questions during the interview   Answer Question