PTC

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Senior Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Needham, MA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Needham, MA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at PTC in March 2014.

Had a 30 minutes phone screen with company recruiter.
Had another 30 minute phone screen with Operations Manager and Division Manager with mostly questions on behavior and technical knowledge. After this call I felt that I didn't have the technical background they were looking for.
They setup an in-person interview which was with 4 different managers of that division and product. Started off questions on behavior then moved into somewhat difficult technical questions mostly focusing on Java. I had said in previous phone screens that I hadn't had a lot of experience with Java which became apparent during their questioning. I got an email the next week saying I did not get the job due to my lack of technical knowledge of which I was not surprised.

Interview Questions
  • They asked fairly in depth questions on Java including stack trace debugging and explanation of the initial Java statement (static void main class)   Answer Question