PTC Software Interview Questions

Updated Jul 9, 2014
Updated Jul 9, 2014

2.7

Sales Engineer Interview

Met with hiring manager and three other sales executives in Manhattan Beach,, CA. Conversation revolved around sales process and PTC product solutions, travel schedule, demos and presentations. Post sales activities as well as comp plans.

Trainee Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at PTC Software in September 2009.

First Contact with the HR with some general questions and the announcement of a following phone interview with a consultant. Second Interview was more a conversation than a interview and really good. The final interview was with a Managing Partner and a Consultant and intense interview day.

Interview Questions
    • Organisational questions about the behaviour at customer.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at PTC Software in March 2013.

One interview with the recruiter, then no news for at least 2 weeks. Then the recruiter got back to me organized a interview with the hiring manager. The hiring manager did not seem to know anything about his field!
    The person kept on telling me that it is a big company (not that much!!) so that the process takes a long time. Well, I read that as lack of competency!

Interview Questions
    • Classic interview, however, the interviewer has little knowledge about the field!!   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Remote, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Remote, OR

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at PTC Software in May 2012.

3 Phone interviews, 1 Group, Background Check

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

The process took a day - interviewed at PTC Software in March 2012.

It was 30 min interview. Basic ques based on resume, give a situation where u dealt with a difficult client, have u worked with CAD tools. Then asked to send back follow up mail as to why ptc and why u think u r fit for this role.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

The process took 3 days - interviewed at PTC Software in November 2011.

the process was pretty typical and included a phone screen, first round, second round and final interview. The culture was one for Alpha, athletes only. After interviewing and talking to a former employee, I realized this was clearly the case and everyone there fit the mold to the point of all actually looking like they were related. Recent hires includes a person with no sales or business experience but a trainer and athletic coach for a football team.

To those thinking of applying, be Alpha or don't bother

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at PTC Software in November 2011.

Basic phone screen covering a review of credentials and prior work history. Salary levels are not competitive with other similar positions in the region or in the industry.

Associate Technical Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Blaine, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Blaine, MN

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at PTC Software in May 2011.

First spoke with the company at a job fair last Fall, had a phone interview but was told that I would not be moving forward. Spoke with company again at another job fair this past Spring and was told to apply again, got a call a few weeks later and scheduled an on-site interview in Blaine, MN. Had a group interview that consisted of 3 individuals asking me questions related to the job. Most questions were behavioral, interview lasted about 50 minutes and was told that I would receive a phone call within the week. Two days later got a call offering me the position.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time in which you had to deal with a customer or co worker that made in your mind a ridiculous request. How did you deal with this situation?   View Answer
    No negotiation phase.

Associate Technical Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Blaine, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Blaine, MN

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at PTC Software in April 2011.

Initial contact with the company came as a referral from a friend who had recently accepted an offer. He forwarded my name on the human resources and they contacted me by email. After a brief exchange, a phone interview was set up. This initial interview focused on making sure I understood the company, its history, and its competition as well as its current product offerings and future plans.

After that, it took a few weeks of emailing to schedule a face-to-face interview at their training center in Blaine, MN. They flew me out for a one hour interview with the director of the training center and the program director. This interview was mainly behavioral and attempted to learn how I would react in a given situation to a real problem. I stressed my affability and communication/people skills. I was presented with an offer within 2 days.

Interview Questions
    • What was the most stressful situation of which you have ever been a part?   Answer Question
    No negotiation. This role has a set salary and benefits.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Bruno, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Bruno, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at PTC Software in August 2010.

The office at San Bruno is the Startup company which PTC acquired very recently. The office is very small & the place looks pathetic. This place consists of few chairs and tables with Developers. There is no body in the office apart from 4 to 5 developers. My first impression was bad, I did not like the place, I did not feel healthily environment. i had totally 3 people interviewed, First 2 guys were good, the third person was pathetic, He did not know what to ask for the interview, The questions were so vague. Overall, I was not happy with the working environment.

Interview Questions
    • Questions about Hibernate, Spirng, Current & Recent projects architecture etc...   Answer Question

Worked for PTC Software? Contribute to the Community!