PTC Software

Relevance Date Difficulty

BA Interview

BA
Natick, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at PTC Software in February 2010.

Interview Details – Easy:
Behavioral questions moctly

Interview Question – What are your Challenges?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer

Interviewed at PTC Software

Interview Details – Got call from a consultancy named mindsource consultancy. Initially there was one telephonic round with questions on C, Linked list,- insertion , deletion etc.
There was an objective test at the Pune main office.
Followed by 2 interview rounds on the same day.
They asked me Array reversal, Pointers etc. There were puzzles too. Not much about my past experience but they do ask reason for leaving current job.

Interview Question – Unexpectedly (but still I was glad) they asked me basic High School Level geometry concepts   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Initially better package is given

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 days - interviewed at PTC Software.

Interview Details – aptitude test along with quizz on c programming was conducted initially and then 1:1 interview was taken.

Interview Question – a c program consisting of pointers was asked to write down.   Answer Question

QA Engineer Interview

QA Engineer
Pune (Brazil)

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at PTC Software in June 2011.

Interview Details – Techincal round
Manager round
HR round

Interview Question – Why do you want to join PLM domain   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Software Developer Engineer Interview

Software Developer Engineer
Pune (India)

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at PTC Software in March 2013.

Interview Details – 5/6 rounds... over 2/3 days
1. Objective written test on Aptitude, Math, Analytic and C++.
2. Technical Panel interview on C C++ OOPs Algorithms, Bug fixing, Performance enhancement and efficiency of code
4. Telephonic HR round with Details of Family background & previous job, goals and future aspect.
5. Semi Technical with many puzzles
6. HR round, which was actual confirmation that u r selected :)

Interview Question – Many algorithms and STL questions where u need to take cake of performance, code optimization, efficiency and responsiveness, memory issues.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No Negotiation

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Pune (India)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at PTC Software in July 2012.

Interview Details – Applied through companies, after that there telephonic interview and for personal interview there were 3 tests (Aptitude + C + C Plus Plus), a technical interview (Panel of 2), final interview with head, and HR interview

Interview Question – Only a question regarding to Engineering drawing, I was not able to answer it correctly.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Did not do any negotiations

Associate Technical Consultant Interview

Associate Technical Consultant

I applied online and interviewed at PTC Software.

Interview Details – I had a phone interview the other day. It was a pretty simple interview. They told me about what they do at PTC Software. Then they asked me a few questions about myself. They finished up the interview with a few very simple technical questions.

Interview Question – What value is stored in a java object?   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager
Pune (India)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at PTC Software in June 2010.

Interview Details – Was pretty straight forward. All questions asked were out of the book.

Interview Question – Describe a challenging situation that you have faced so far.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Was not required.

Business Development Director Interview

Business Development Director

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at PTC Software in March 2012.

Interview Details – Initial phone call followed by video call interviews, then more phone interviews followed by an in-person panel interview. I interviewed for three different roles before settling on the last role for which I was offered and then accepted.

Questions were mostly related to general fit with the company and client base, my background an experience and how I have handled specific situations and clients in the past (behavioral interview rather than a case interview).

Tone was friendly and not at all "hard-nosed" or confrontational. I walked away from each interview very comfortable with the interviewing process and interviewers.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through how you work with sales professionals and how you interact with the clients.   Answer Question
  • What's the difference between sales and business development?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The initial offer was low-balled on the base, which I expected given that I am coming from a sales background. The negotiation was simple and straight forward and resulted in a base that I was comfortable with.

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager

The process took a day - interviewed at PTC Software in April 2012.

Interview Details – In person interview