PTM Images

Relevance Date Difficulty

Reception Interview

Reception
Chatsworth, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at PTM Images in September 2011.

Interview Details – The interview process was fast and to the point.

Interview Question – What can you contribute to this organization?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Upfront and honest.

Graphic Position Interview

Graphic Position
Chatsworth, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at PTM Images in October 2010.

Interview Details – They try and give everyone a chance to be seen. The process is based more upon a skills test then your portfolio. They give the applicant the opportunity to shine thru their portfolio and test. Be professional. If you can't use the programs don't apply.

Interview Question – Skills - they really are looking for people who know there stuff. If you don't have the skills they look for in the ad's don't waste your time. You must have an art background.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Very easy. They made the offer that day.

Logistics Manager Interview

Logistics Manager
Chatsworth, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at PTM Images in August 2011.

Interview Details – I applied for this job through Indeed.com.

In less than half a day, I received an email back which stated that I could drop by anytime between 9:00 AM and 7:00 PM for an interview the next day.

I left work early and got to the PTM Images location at 5:00 PM. I told the receptionist that I was here for an interview and she told me there were 9 other people in front of me. I had no idea there were other people dropping by for an interview for the same position that I applied for. They ran out of seating so they had to move people into the back room.

Out of curiosity I asked someone how long they've been waiting and he said 5 hrs. I understand this is a tough economy, but they should let applicants schedule appointments instead of having a first come first serve policy, which I wasn't informed of.

Some applicants were called upstairs for the interview and came back down 5 mins. later. That's the fastest interview ever. I asked her what happened and she said the owner looked at her resume as she sat in the chair and said tell me about your work experiences then dismissed her and said "I'll call you if I have any further questions."

Fast forward 1.5 hr later, the owner walked downstairs and left. The receptionist told us all we should leave. The owner had another meeting and couldn't meet with us. If we wanted to meet with him, we had to come back the next day and wait again.

I felt really badly for all the other people who waited the whole day to meet with him and didn't even get the chance to talk to him. It's very unprofessional to not schedule interview appointments and to have people wait all day unproductively.

Also, my impression of the work environment isn't great. There were employees who walked around and cussed/swear and complain about their work in front of people who were trying to interview for the open position.

Interview Question – I wasn't able to meet with interview conductor.   Answer Question

Accounting Assistant Interview

Accounting Assistant
Chatsworth, CA

Interview Details – I found this position on Indeed.com. I sent in my resume and less than a day later I got an email stating that they would offer my an interview the next day.

I went to the location and I told the receptionist that I was here for an interview. She told me there were 9 other people in front of me. The email said drop by anytime between 9:00 AM and 7:00 PM. It was 5:00 PM and there were 9 other people interviewing for the same position I was interviewing for. I was so confused because I thought I was the only one there for the interview. I didn't see the all the other interviewees because they ran out of seating in the waiting area and had to move some of them to a back room. I asked some of them how long they've been waiting and they said for 5 hrs.

I decided to stay because I left work early to drive to this interview, I might as well stay. Some individuals went upstairs to the interview and left after 5 mins. They came back down stairs saying that was the quickest interview they've been in. The owner just looked at the resume and the candidate and said that he'll call them back if he has any questions.

Fast forward 1 hour later 6:00 PM, the owner walked downstairs and leaves. The receptionist told everyone still waiting for the interview to leave because the owner had an appointment to get to. I felt really badly for everyone in front of me who had been waiting for so long and didn't get a chance to interview.

My impression of the work environment wasn't great. The employees there seemed very stressed out. They kept swearing/cussing about work.

Interview Question – I didn't get a chance to talk to the interviewer.   Answer Question

Graphic Designer Interview

Graphic Designer
Chatsworth, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at PTM Images in April 2012.

Interview Details – I found this job opening online so I decided to apply for it. I received a phone call the next day from the management team who told me to come in for an interview any time between 9:00 AM and 7:00 PM. I asked what time I could schedule an appointment to interview for the position and they said "first come, first served."

The company is very small (25-30 people in the office). They don't have an HR department so everyone who interviews will meet with the CEO who is the person who will contact potential candidates.

When I arrived to PTM Images, there were 7 people in front of me. Remember, no appointments. I waited 4 hours. When it was my turn, I walked upstairs to the CEO's office and sat down. He told me he needed to make some phone calls before he conducted the interview. I waited another 1.5 hrs. Finally he saw my resume and asked me what I wanted to do with life, what I studied, told me a little more about the position and asked me when I could start. I asked him about the pay first and he said $10/hr, no benefits, and no sick days or vacation days until you've worked there for at least 1.5 yrs.

I asked him about the turnover rate and he didn't give me a straight answer besides "people leave because they can't handle the job."

I declined the offer and went downstairs to exit. There were 8 other people waiting to interview. Tough economy!

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – The pay was very low. He offered $10 an hr for college grads.

Bookkeeper Interview

Bookkeeper
Pacoima, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at PTM Images in April 2011.

Interview Details – The company said they were moving to van nuys but had no idea when that would take place. The location was scary. You have to pass through 2 gates and then be buzzed into the front door. I arrived to find 2 other people waiting for an interview. We were scheduled for the same time, with the same person. I spent 45 minutes waiting for my own turn. This was a waste of my own time. I expect my appointment time to be for myself, not for me to wait around for other people.

Reason for Declining – Very low pay, bad bad area to work in.

Costing Associate Interview

Costing Associate

Interviewed at PTM Images

Interview Details – It was a very long wait process. I waited an hour and a half. The interviewer was super late in arriving to work. He was also on the phone in between questioning me. The length of his questioning only took a solid 10 mins before he offered me the job. He loves hiring young people out of college because the other people in the company aren't very qualified. But, hiring inexperienced people allows him to offer you a lower pay.

Interview Question – What are your strengths?   Answer Question

Worked for PTM Images? Contribute to the Community!