PULSE

Relevance Date Difficulty

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at PULSE in October 2013.

Interview Details – The process has taken about three weeks so far, one phone interview, 3 in-person interviews, and a follow up phone interview

Interview Question – How does your experience prepare you for the position at hand?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at PULSE in May 2012.

Interview Details – PULSE does not do their own recruiting, Discover does. If you live in Texas do not expect to see recruiters at your college career fairs. I suggested they change this system and hopefully they do. Recruiting does start in early January. The interviews are not too bad. They are very interested in your background and skill sets. Be enthusiastic and confident about what you are best at. They don't expect you to already know everything.

Interview Question – Do you have any questions?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – I haven't necessarily decline but I haven't accepted yet, but there is not an option for that. I am trying to see how many opportunities I can find outside of this one. I would come back in a heartbeat if I don't find anything else. Great company.

Graphics Specialist Interview

Graphics Specialist
Houston, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 3 months - interviewed at PULSE in July 2010.

Interview Details – The interview process is long and tedious. Interviewees meet with their manager-to-be, 3-5 of their manager's peers, and their manager's boss. All the interviewees ask the same standard assortment of questions, and so the process is monotonous, but helpful if you need to practice your interviewing skills (by the last one, you'll have it down!). It took over 3 months for an offer even though I had inside information saying there was no other candidate. After speaking with many peers, 3-6 months is standard at PULSE.

Interview Question – Why are you applying for this position if your education is in (enter unrelated field here)?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at PULSE in April 2009.

Interview Details – Asked to attend a group interview with owners and management. Consisted of various questions about experience and management situations/scenarios.

Interview Questions

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for PULSE? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at PULSE interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by PULSE employees and interview candidates.