PULSE

2.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at PULSE

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PULSE in October 2013.

The process has taken about three weeks so far, one phone interview, 3 in-person interviews, and a follow up phone interview

Interview Questions
    • How does your experience prepare you for the position at hand?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at PULSE in May 2012.

PULSE does not do their own recruiting, Discover does. If you live in Texas do not expect to see recruiters at your college career fairs. I suggested they change this system and hopefully they do. Recruiting does start in early January. The interviews are not too bad. They are very interested in your background and skill sets. Be enthusiastic and confident about what you are best at. They don't expect you to already know everything.

Interview Questions

I haven't necessarily decline but I haven't accepted yet, but there is not an option for that. I am trying to see how many opportunities I can find outside of this one. I would come back in a heartbeat if I don't find anything else. Great company.

Graphics Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at PULSE in July 2010.

The interview process is long and tedious. Interviewees meet with their manager-to-be, 3-5 of their manager's peers, and their manager's boss. All the interviewees ask the same standard assortment of questions, and so the process is monotonous, but helpful if you need to practice your interviewing skills (by the last one, you'll have it down!). It took over 3 months for an offer even though I had inside information saying there was no other candidate. After speaking with many peers, 3-6 months is standard at PULSE.

Interview Questions
    • Why are you applying for this position if your education is in (enter unrelated field here)?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at PULSE in April 2009.

Asked to attend a group interview with owners and management. Consisted of various questions about experience and management situations/scenarios.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation where you had to deal with a difficult customer.   Answer Question
    • How would you define excellent customer service?   Answer Question
    • What do you think is the most important quality in being a manager?   Answer Question
    • You see that the workspace is untidy, what do you do as a manager?   Answer Question