Pabst Interview Questions

Updated Jul 24, 2015

2.2

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Pabst in March 2015.

Interview

The initial interview with the hiring manager was very positive and felt more like an informal discussion than an interview. Afterwards he said he would recommend me to move through to the next round of interviews, a process that would take a couple weeks to plan and schedule. Fast forward 2.5 months later...after numerous follow up emails on my behalf, and return emails from the Mgr stating reasons/excuses such as "holding patterns and other issues taking precedence over the market area" I sent yet another email inquiring about the status of the position and was informed Pabst had hired someone else that same week. The frustrating part of everything wasn't not being hired. If another candidate was a better fit or had greater experience than me, I'll accept that. What I don’t appreciate is the fact I was never really given an honest shot at the role in the 1st place. If you say you "like someone" and you're going to move them forward, do it. Don't blow smoke and get people's hopes up. Also, Pabst should really try to reach out to the candidates who weren't hired to inform them they weren't, before the candidate has to call and get the news themselves. Especially after they've been goose chasing the position for 2.5 months.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the culture of our company?   1 Answer

Area Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Pabst.

Interview

It was a very quick turnaround. They used an executive search. The first interview was with Region Director and General Manager, second interview with VP of Sales, had to fly to his location. Had a phone interview with HR and did an online personality assessment. The whole process took under 30 days and was a great experience from beginning to end.

Interview Questions

• what do you know about the financial situation of our company.   Answer Question

Negotiation

met my requirements

Logistics Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pabst (San Antonio, TX) in April 2012.

Interview

The HR VP contacted me after a week I submitted my application. The following day I had an interview with the VP of Operations by phone, two weeks later had the face to face interview with the hiring manager. Three weeks after the interview they offer the job. The timeline is a little bit longer, but since the VP's are in California, the hiring managers have to wait for them.

Interview Questions

• Why would you like to work for Pabst?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There's no room for negotiation.

Director of Brand Activation Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Pabst (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2011.

Interview

HR rep was extremely friendly and informative, a real pleasure to talk with. Took the time to explain the culture and the intricacies of the job.

Interview Questions

• How did you deal with difficult/ strong opinionated people in Marketing   1 Answer

Legal Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beverly Hills, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Pabst (Beverly Hills, CA) in November 2011.

Interview

I had series of emails with internal recruiter after applying online several days before. Recruiter was very helpful in explaining the culture specific to that office location, said it was "not for everyone" but they are also looking for people excited about the Brand. Sheduled to meet with hiring Mgr next day, I had to complete paperwork and submit prior to the interview. In-person went really well (seemed like more of a conversation/discussion due to comfort level and my experience), was asked to keep them posted of my job search and he wanted me to meet with/speak to others. Followed up with Recruiter week later via email to which I received a short, form response saying I was not moving forward in the process.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable working with highly demanding people? If so, how do you manage it?   1 Answer