Pace Analytical Interview Questions

Updated Mar 4, 2015

2.3

Lab Technician Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Pace Analytical.

Interview

Contacted by a recruiter from Aerotek. Performed phone interview & in-person interview with recruiter. Was then called in for an on-site interview with the operations manager where I was shown around the lab

Interview Questions

• Asked if I could handle working in an incredibly fast-paced, high turn-around environment. Should have given example of ability to do so   Answer Question

Lab Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Pace Analytical.

Interview

The hiring process was somewhat stringent. Once your resume has been received, their recruiter will contact you and go through an interview process with you. If you pass with flying colors, you are scheduled a second interview with your leading manager. Once the manager approves, you must take a drug test before you can start on site. Once you are on site, you meet with your supervisors and team mates.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions were too difficult. Most questions will pertain to your educational and work background.   Answer Question

Polymer Chemist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Pace Analytical (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

met recruiter at career fair and applied through pace website. Got rejected by some jobs initially through email, but got the recruiter's email this way, and emailed her directly to follow up with some applications. After I emailed her directly, the recruiter emailed me to set up an interview at Pace

Interview Questions

• What accomplishment are you most proud of?   Answer Question
    • What do you like to do in your free time?   1 Answer

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Pace Analytical (Chicago, IL) in March 2014.

Interview

The interview process was professional and thorough. There where several steps that included meetings with various levels of management on the sales and operations side of Pace's business. It was informative and truthful regarding the nature of the job, training, expectations, and possible opportunities for advancement.

Interview Questions

• There where not any very difficult, unexpected questions   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ormond Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Pace Analytical (Ormond Beach, FL).

Interview

They sell a perfect Laboratory environment.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Pace Analytical (Minneapolis, MN) in November 2012.

Interview

Very limited, simple phone interview with Pace and then a phone interview with the lab ops client. The interview with the client was more of a formality at that point, to let the client get a feel for my personality and my willingness to do certain types of work and manage projects on my own.

Interview Questions

• I was asked a question about my previous experience with getting my hands dirty (in reference to specific job functions asked of by the client)   1 Answer

Negotiation

Nothing was negotiable because the contract is set by the lab ops client, not Pace.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Pace Analytical (Minneapolis, MN) in September 2012.

Interview

The process is very thorough. Your first interview is with a Pace recruiter who grills you about your work experience, education, intstrument profficieny..anything a client interview might throw at you. You fill out an extensive survey to rate your technical proficciency at a host of scientific skills. This will help match you with clients later.

Interview Questions

• "Tell me about a time you had to give bad news to your superior"   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations possible; those are already done between the Pace management and the client

Environmental Lab Technician II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Billings, MT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Pace Analytical (Billings, MT).

Interview

Easy- sent an email with CV & cover letter. Interview was pretty generic & informal. Two interviewers asked about my comfort level working in a production environment, and if I'd be willing to take OT in the summer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They were willing to hire me as a Tech II, since I'd had lab experience. of their new hires don't. They don't offer raises gladly.

Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Pace Analytical (Minneapolis, MN) in July 2012.

Interview

Very disorganized. Drove 45 minutes through rush hour traffic only to arrive and be told the interviewer didn't have time for an interview that day.

Interview Questions

• There were a lot of situational questions so be prepared for those.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No room for negotiation.

Client Service Tech Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Pace Analytical (Minneapolis, MN) in June 2012.

Interview

I know someone who worked there. My interview was very brief and semi formal.

Negotiation

Do you want the job? Yes I do.