Pace Analytical Interview Questions

Updated Aug 24, 2015

2.2

Chemist Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Pace Analytical in May 2015.

Interview

The interview was pretty straight forward. Make sure you can talk in depth about your resume and education. I aplied online and got a phone interview a week after. It was formal, but very relaxed at the same time. It was more technical than I expected. No unexpected question.

Interview Questions

• Typical questions about strengths and weaknesses. What do you know about pace? What makes you a good employe?   Answer Question

Lab Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Pace Analytical (Minneapolis, MN) in October 2014.

Interview

Initially met with a Pace recruiter, which was more informal and so that they could get to know me and my experience. Based on that they fit me with a client (3M) and I interviewed with them before getting the job. They were very helpful and supportive before, during, and after interviewing with my client

Interview Questions

• Very basic stuff, no curveballs or pressuring questions   Answer Question

Lab Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Pace Analytical.

Interview

The hiring process was somewhat stringent. Once your resume has been received, their recruiter will contact you and go through an interview process with you. If you pass with flying colors, you are scheduled a second interview with your leading manager. Once the manager approves, you must take a drug test before you can start on site. Once you are on site, you meet with your supervisors and team mates.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions were too difficult. Most questions will pertain to your educational and work background.   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Pace Analytical (Chicago, IL) in March 2014.

Interview

The interview process was professional and thorough. There where several steps that included meetings with various levels of management on the sales and operations side of Pace's business. It was informative and truthful regarding the nature of the job, training, expectations, and possible opportunities for advancement.

Interview Questions

• There where not any very difficult, unexpected questions   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Pace Analytical in September 2013.

Interview

Applied online, had a face to face interview, a second interview, then was hired. The online application was great. Straight forward and I didn't need to input everything from my resume.

Interview Questions

• How did I handle potentially difficult people regarding processes and lack of knowledge with technology.   Answer Question

Negotiation

very quick. I just made a call after I received the offer letter to discuss the rate of pay in relation to the benefits.

Anonymous Employee in Ormond Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Pace Analytical (Ormond Beach, FL).

Interview

They sell a perfect Laboratory environment.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Project Manager I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Pace Analytical (Minneapolis, MN) in January 2013.

Interview

Pretty easy interview process. I interviewed with them initially, and then was set up with an interview with the company I would be contracted out to. Met 1 on 1 with someone at Pace for the interview, after talking with them on the phone briefly before.

Interview Questions

• What sort of positions I was interested in. Pace does a lot of contracting out to other large companies in the twin cities area.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Pace Analytical (Minneapolis, MN) in November 2012.

Interview

Very limited, simple phone interview with Pace and then a phone interview with the lab ops client. The interview with the client was more of a formality at that point, to let the client get a feel for my personality and my willingness to do certain types of work and manage projects on my own.

Interview Questions

• I was asked a question about my previous experience with getting my hands dirty (in reference to specific job functions asked of by the client)   1 Answer

Negotiation

Nothing was negotiable because the contract is set by the lab ops client, not Pace.

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Pace Analytical (Minneapolis, MN) in September 2012.

Interview

The process is very thorough. Your first interview is with a Pace recruiter who grills you about your work experience, education, intstrument profficieny..anything a client interview might throw at you. You fill out an extensive survey to rate your technical proficciency at a host of scientific skills. This will help match you with clients later.

Interview Questions

• "Tell me about a time you had to give bad news to your superior"   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations possible; those are already done between the Pace management and the client

Environmental Lab Technician II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Billings, MT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pace Analytical (Billings, MT).

Interview

Easy- sent an email with CV & cover letter. Interview was pretty generic & informal. Two interviewers asked about my comfort level working in a production environment, and if I'd be willing to take OT in the summer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They were willing to hire me as a Tech II, since I'd had lab experience. of their new hires don't. They don't offer raises gladly.