Pace Communications

Relevance Date Difficulty

Copywriter Interview

Copywriter
Greensboro, NC

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Pace Communications in May 2012.

Interview Details – Initial communication was handled after application, and was initiated through email. Email was followed by phone calls to determine the time of interview. The interview was selected at a mutually agreed-upon time, and the process was fairly straightforward. First I met with HR, then the Art Director for the account I would be working with, then I met with the account manager for the account in question. The process flowed smoothly and familiarized me with both the office building and the individuals leading the process.

Interview Question – The most challenging question I was asked was to tackle how I would approach a specific campaign challenge. The on-the-spot required creativity was definitely a little stressful with a product that was entirely new to me.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The pay and benefits were not what I was looking for, though they did attempt to work with me.

Consumer Editor Interview

Consumer Editor
Greensboro, NC

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Pace Communications in June 2013.

Interview Details – I met with three individuals - two from HR - and one hiring editor while doing a conference call with another. I was supposed to have met with two more managers, neither of whom were available. The process took no more than an hour, and all involved were professional and friendly. The HR manager gave me a packet of materials explaining their benefits package, which I found extremely helpful.

Interview Question – They asked several questions about certain scenarios I may encounter on the job and how I would deal with them. Mostly, they involved working with deadlines or other people from various departments, as well as time management.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Pace Communications in April 2010.

Interview Details – I had two one-on-one interviews. The first was with the managing editor and the second was with the editor in chief. They asked about my past experience, personality, and future plans. They were very friendly and conversational. Afterwards, I completed a spelling and grammar test to prove my editing skills. I also performed a small fact-checking assignment for review.

Interview Questions

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Marketing Interview

Marketing

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Pace Communications in May 2010.

Interview Details – My interview was with the Ecommerce division of the company. I had a two part one on one interview, first with the head of HR and then with the head of Marketing. Overall, the questions were pretty basic, strengths, weaknesses, asking me to explain more about the experiences I had listed on my résumé. The whole process took about 45 minutes, including time for me to ask both interviewers my questions. Looking back, I wish I had a little more time with each interviewer and their questions had been somewhat more in depth, giving me the chance to expose more of my skills and abilities.

Overall, perceptions about the office—everyone I came in contact with seemed very nice but extremely busy. Like most companies these days, they were somewhat understaffed at the time of my visit, so current employees are asked to pick up the slack. When I asked about the company culture the Marketing Director described it as very team oriented where people often cross functional lines to get the job done.

Interview Question – I did not really encounter any truly unexpected questions. See my comments on the interview process.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Pace Communications? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Pace Communications interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by Pace Communications employees and interview candidates.