PacifiCorp

Updated Oct 8, 2014
Updated Oct 8, 2014

2.6

Engineering Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PacifiCorp.

Applied online after talking with a contact of mine who works at PacifiCorp. Was contacted a couple weeks later for a phone interview. The interview was about 45 minutes long, not a single behavioral based question, very relaxed and easy interview.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were non behavioral based and many focused on safety and past experiences. Interviewers seemed as if they just wanted to get to know me and see if I was a good fit for the company. Interview was phone based   Answer Question

Senior Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PacifiCorp in June 2014.

Interview with 2 managers and 2 architects. 2 hr Interview was thorough almost combative with 1 architect monopolizing my interview with medium difficulty questions. 1 'manager' laughed at a couple of answers I gave. The other barely spoke. I got feedback quickly and was hired 2 weeks later!

Interview Questions
    • When a customer comes to our website, they can select which electric account they want to see details for. We use a 'pattern' to load several sets of details about the selected account. What
       Is that pattern called?

View Answer
    They required contract to hire, so I said yes ...naturally

Senior Systems Consultant Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at PacifiCorp.

I had been working as a contractor through an external agency and had been instrumental in putting together their website. This was a contract to hire position which seems to be their trademark. The hiring afterwards was a perfunctory job.

Lineman Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Casper, WY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Casper, WY

I applied online – interviewed at PacifiCorp.

Pain in the ass like all large corporations. Slow results and answers.

Interview Questions
    • Are you willing to change out three phase underground riser cutouts hot? (Rubber Gloving)   View Answer

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at PacifiCorp in October 2010.

They initially called me and did a phone interview. About a month later they called me back and asked me to fly into Salt Lake City for an in-person interview. During the interview they asked me if I smoked, if I had a good driving record, and questions about project management. When I was done with the interview I had to take a test relating to forward and backwards pass on a WBS and how to deterimine the critical path. It was easy, but the symbols on the test do not match the normal symbols found in the PMBOK. They told me when I was hired that they had 1000 applicants and did 9 in-person interviews before hiring me.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time when you had a project that was over budget. How did you you determine that there was a problem and how did you solve it?   Answer Question
    They called me and said they wanted me and how much they would pay me. They also sent me all the benefits info. It was not up for negotiation. Take it or leave it.

Support Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at PacifiCorp in August 2010.

two people in the interview. it consisted mostly of how would you handle these type of challenges, etc