PacifiCorp Interview Questions

Updated Mar 16, 2015

2.8

Database Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at PacifiCorp (Portland, OR) in December 2014.

Interview

Phone call to schedule phone interview. They called on time. I was very impressed with them.

Wasn't nearly as prepared as I should have been, and at the time, not sure I would be free of other obligations, so I just decided to wing it. Interviewers were very professional, supportive and followed up later to let me know they filled the position. I got the impression they had a great team over there. I felt bad that I had let them down. The lead interviewer took the time to give me pointers on what to study up on and encouraged me to keep an eye out for other opportunities with their organization in the future. I did not expect any kind of response at all. Class act!

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PacifiCorp.

Interview

Applied online after talking with a contact of mine who works at PacifiCorp. Was contacted a couple weeks later for a phone interview. The interview was about 45 minutes long, not a single behavioral based question, very relaxed and easy interview.

Interview Questions

• The questions were non behavioral based and many focused on safety and past experiences. Interviewers seemed as if they just wanted to get to know me and see if I was a good fit for the company. Interview was phone based   Answer Question

Senior Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PacifiCorp (Portland, OR) in June 2014.

Interview

Interview with 2 managers and 2 architects. 2 hr Interview was thorough almost combative with 1 architect monopolizing my interview with medium difficulty questions. 1 'manager' laughed at a couple of answers I gave. The other barely spoke. I got feedback quickly and was hired 2 weeks later!

Interview Questions

• When a customer comes to our website, they can select which electric account they want to see details for. We use a 'pattern' to load several sets of details about the selected account. What
       Is that pattern called?

1 Answer

Negotiation

They required contract to hire, so I said yes ...naturally

Senior Systems Consultant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at PacifiCorp.

Interview

I had been working as a contractor through an external agency and had been instrumental in putting together their website. This was a contract to hire position which seems to be their trademark. The hiring afterwards was a perfunctory job.

Lineman Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Casper, WY

Application

I applied online – interviewed at PacifiCorp (Casper, WY).

Interview

Pain in the ass like all large corporations. Slow results and answers.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to change out three phase underground riser cutouts hot? (Rubber Gloving)   1 Answer

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at PacifiCorp (Salt Lake City, UT) in October 2010.

Interview

They initially called me and did a phone interview. About a month later they called me back and asked me to fly into Salt Lake City for an in-person interview. During the interview they asked me if I smoked, if I had a good driving record, and questions about project management. When I was done with the interview I had to take a test relating to forward and backwards pass on a WBS and how to deterimine the critical path. It was easy, but the symbols on the test do not match the normal symbols found in the PMBOK. They told me when I was hired that they had 1000 applicants and did 9 in-person interviews before hiring me.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you had a project that was over budget. How did you you determine that there was a problem and how did you solve it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

They called me and said they wanted me and how much they would pay me. They also sent me all the benefits info. It was not up for negotiation. Take it or leave it.

Support Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at PacifiCorp (Salt Lake City, UT) in August 2010.

Interview

two people in the interview. it consisted mostly of how would you handle these type of challenges, etc