PacifiCorp Interview Questions in Portland, OR

Updated Jun 16, 2015

3.3

Database Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at PacifiCorp (Portland, OR) in December 2014.

Interview

Phone call to schedule phone interview. They called on time. I was very impressed with them. Wasn't nearly as prepared as I should have been, and at the time, not sure I would be free of other obligations, so I just decided to wing it. Interviewers were very professional, supportive and followed up later to let me know they filled the position. I got the impression they had a great team over there. I felt bad that I had let them down. The lead interviewer took the time to give me pointers on what to study up on and encouraged me to keep an eye out for other opportunities with their organization in the future. I did not expect any kind of response at all. Class act!

Senior Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PacifiCorp (Portland, OR) in June 2014.

Interview

Interview with 2 managers and 2 architects. 2 hr Interview was thorough almost combative with 1 architect monopolizing my interview with medium difficulty questions. 1 'manager' laughed at a couple of answers I gave. The other barely spoke. I got feedback quickly and was hired 2 weeks later!

Interview Questions

• When a customer comes to our website, they can select which electric account they want to see details for. We use a 'pattern' to load several sets of details about the selected account. What Is that pattern called?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They required contract to hire, so I said yes ...naturally

Legal and Government Affairs Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at PacifiCorp (Portland, OR) in April 2011.

Interview

It was very short. I had two interviews. The initial interview was with a friend at the company. The second was with the whole Legal team. They really just asked me personal questions to gauge whether I was a good fit personality wise at the company. They didn't ask very hard questions, but did ask questions that forced me to think. My political experience was a large plus for them, as was my experience on Moot Court in Law School.