Pacific Capital Bancorp

Interviews for Top Jobs at Pacific Capital Bancorp

Senior Internal Auditor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Barbara, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Santa Barbara, CA

The process took a weekinterviewed at Pacific Capital Bancorp in March 2009.

An initial interview with Human Resource Recruiter was conducted by telephone and involved general information about job position and benefits. This interivew lasted 1 hour. A second telephone interview with the same Human Resource Recrutier was conducted 2 days later and involved more information about the job with greater detail and further explaination of benefits. This interview lasted 1 1/2 hours.
    A third telephone call one day later was to schedule an in-person interview on site at Goleta CA Operations Center. The on-site interview was again with the same Human Resource Recruiter and lasted one hour, this interview was simply a rehash of the telephone interview and very little new information was provided. The interview was immediately followed by an interview with the Audit Manager and an Audit Executive Vice President. Both individuals provided a handout of a detailed job descrption, an audit schedule for Sarbanes-Oxley testing and asked specific questions about my past educational background and work assignments. It was disclosed that the Senior Internal Auditor would function as an Audit Manager and supervise the work of two recently hired SOX auditors. It was also disclosed that there had been a 100% turnover in the the SOX Audit / Compliance staffing. This interview lasted 1 hour. No offer was made to disclose the salary range or discussion of relocation costs to Santa Barabara / Goleta CA. I had the distinct impression that Pacific Capital Bank would make a hire decision very soon. After one week I leaned that PCB announced in a Press Release that they were terminating 300 employees (20%) of their workforce. After another week, I finally received a very short voice mail stating another candidate had been hired.

Interview Questions
    • Interview kept asking for validation of information already provided in resume and on-line application. It was very irritating to provide the same information in oral form. I had the distinct impression that both the Human Resource Recruiter and the both of the Auditors interviewing me were trying to see if I would provide a different story   View Answer
    • Human Resouce Recuriter wanted to know why I declined to provide my Social Security Number on the on-line employment application.   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Barbara, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Barbara, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Pacific Capital Bancorp in January 2008.

First there was a phone interview from the recruiting company/agency and then there was twp more phone interview one a technical screen and one a general manager level interview.
    Then they ask you come for face to face interview and they asked for some very technical questions and HR interview followed

Interview Questions
    • How would you stop a java Thread ?   View Answer
    • How would you check to see if a string is empty in java 6 and java 5 ?   View Answers (2)
    Actually they offered me more than I had asked for, that way they are very competitive in getting the most talented people.