Pacific Capital Resource Group

2.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at Pacific Capital Resource Group

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Financial Advisor Interview

4 weeks process, where the recruiter interviews on 2 occasions. if you are a good fit then you meet with the directors. You have to pass the series 65 and series 7 to even begin the 3 month internship process. After the internship, they offer you a job,

Interview Questions
  • How can you bring in clients or build book of business?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Pacific Capital Resource Group

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

This is NOT a financial advisor job, it's 100% sale job. They ask your family, what's your parents do, how long you have been to great Seattle area to find out your potential network. This is a sale company and pay you very low wage.

Interview Questions
    • very general questions. How do you see yourself in the next 5 years, your hobbies, what's your best friends call you.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Pacific Capital Resource Group.

Interview was short about 30 minutes followed by a lengthy online personality test. Basic interview questions were asked. Degree, interests, if i had any background knowledge of financial advising. the whole process was really relaxed.

This companies business plan relies on "warm sales" so if your not comfortable asking your friends and family for referrals and clients this is not the job for you.

Inter view is a six part process and if you reach the third section of it you are already expected to list 10 professional contacts.

Make no mistake this is a SALES position.

Interview Questions

I don't agree with there business model. Low base pay offered.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Pacific Capital Resource Group in May 2012.

There are six interviews and after each one they advance you if you continue to fit the profile. This seemed like a lot of interviews but it is really designed to make sure you will be successful and be a good fit for the company.

Interview Questions
    • Can you identify 200 people you know and then 50 that you know super well to use as a springboard for recommendations.   View Answer
    It was simple. The company Penn Mutual offers the salary so there is no negotiation. If you want to make more money, then you better make more sales.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Pacific Capital Resource Group in April 2012.

asked about myself, my hobbies, what my parents did, work experience, why I chose the college I went to, when I graduate.
    Then asked about why I chose Pacific Capital, how I felt about sales and what experience I had.
    Having a big network of potential clients is HUGE, and will make or break whether you can get the job. They dont cold-call clients, the majority of financial advisors get clients from the people they already know and then get referrals.
    What is your ideal job description?
    What do you define success as in your life?
    What is your most challenging course and your favorite course you have taken at school?
    What is a Financial advisor supposed to do?

Interview Questions
    • What are some qualities of a successful Financial Advisor?   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Pacific Capital Resource Group.

6 step process that is designed to find perfect candidate for company. Initial interview is basic get to know you interview. Each interview is then followed with an online personality test.

Interview Questions
    • Personality tests can be deceptively difficult. There is no wrong answer, but there can be incorrect answers... if that makes sense.   Answer Question