Pacific Capital Resource Group Interview Questions

Updated Aug 14, 2015

3.2

Interviews for Top Jobs at Pacific Capital Resource Group

New Employee Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Pacific Capital Resource Group.

Interview

It was an extensive interview process over the course of a couple months involving 6-7 interviews. It was a well organized process that ensured that both the employer and potential employee really saw a transparent, in-depth aspect of the knowing they were hiring the right person and joining a company that was the right fit.

Interview Questions

• What is the most difficult objection you have faced in your experiences and how did you overcome that objection? Was it a positive result?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Oswego, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Pacific Capital Resource Group (Lake Oswego, OR).

Interview

Pacific Capital has a 6-7 step hiring process, which is intense but worth it. The reason they have so many steps is because they want to make sure they get to know who you are just as much as you get to know who they are. After that was explained to me in the first interview it really showed me that they care about every single person they hire. They are very upfront with you and they care about your success just as much as the firm’s success. I met a recruiter at a job fair and had a quick in person meeting and then a phone interview with her. Next I met with the VP for the rest of the process. Towards the end of the process they had me sit and talk with other employees to get a different perspective and ask questions. When you walk into the office you can feel that it’s a fun and relaxed environment where everyone works hard. Everyone is very engaging and has no problem offering help when you need it. There are great incentives and social events, which really lets you get to know your coworkers. It’s a great place to work at.

Interview Questions

• What is it that makes you want to get into this industry?   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Pacific Capital Resource Group.

Interview

5-6 step interview process, they want to make sure that they are hiring someone who is invested in making this a career. Reason being, they won't just throw you at the wall like many other advising firms.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pacific Capital Resource Group (Seattle, WA) in May 2015.

Interview

It was very formal. I met with the Vice President, Zach, of the Seattle branch. He had a corner office and I believe the interview was held there to portray a luxurious lifestyle of an advisor....he wants the interviewee to believe that if they accept the job, they will also have a great office in Seattle. He was not so much interested in my work ethic and my intentions, but more so just interested in if I could bring in clients for the firm. He wanted me to reach out to my family and friends and wealthy people I know for clients. The drop out rate in this industry of financial advising is so high, the company's intentions seem to be to gain clients of young and professionally inexperienced individuals so that when they drop out, the company can keep their clients. If you're looking to be a financial advisor, I would start out at a more established and respected company, like Morgan Stanley. This place is a scam.

Interview Questions

• Who would you go to for business if I asked you to bring back three clients by Monday? (interview was held Thursday)   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Oswego, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Pacific Capital Resource Group (Lake Oswego, OR) in December 2014.

Interview

There is a six step interview process, which is used to not only see whether a person is the right fit for Pacific Capital, but also to see whether the person wants to work in the financial services industry. The interview process goes into depth on how Pacific Capital operates, what Pacific Capital expects from their employees, and also, the pros and cons of working in the financial services industry.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work in the financial services industry?   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

Interview

4 weeks process, where the recruiter interviews on 2 occasions. if you are a good fit then you meet with the directors. You have to pass the series 65 and series 7 to even begin the 3 month internship process. After the internship, they offer you a job,

Interview Questions

• How can you bring in clients or build book of business?   Answer Question

Registered Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Pacific Capital Resource Group (Bellevue, WA) in July 2014.

Interview

I was introduced to Kurt Jonson. He called me while on a business trip and interviewed with him 3 times and decided to make my move. Kurt went out of his way and made the process in depth with a smooth transition. I have never looked backed and am very excited about the future.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you want to build your practice and what does it look like when you are finished?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Interview

This is NOT a financial advisor job, it's 100% sale job. They ask your family, what's your parents do, how long you have been to great Seattle area to find out your potential network. This is a sale company and pay you very low wage.

Interview Questions

• very general questions. How do you see yourself in the next 5 years, your hobbies, what's your best friends call you.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Pacific Capital Resource Group (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Interview was short about 30 minutes followed by a lengthy online personality test. Basic interview questions were asked. Degree, interests, if i had any background knowledge of financial advising. the whole process was really relaxed. This companies business plan relies on "warm sales" so if your not comfortable asking your friends and family for referrals and clients this is not the job for you. Inter view is a six part process and if you reach the third section of it you are already expected to list 10 professional contacts. Make no mistake this is a SALES position.

Interview Questions

I don't agree with there business model. Low base pay offered.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Pacific Capital Resource Group (Bellevue, WA) in September 2013.

Interview

The interview process is very long 5-8 interviews and multiple tests one must complete to be hired. Pacific Capital only hires the best possible candidates with a drive for entrepreneurship. Yes it is a sales job (just like owning any other form of business) but that is what Financial Advising is running a practice and trying to grow your practice. This is something you must understand entering the interview process.