Pacific Capital Resource Group Interview Questions

Updated Jun 2, 2015

2.9

Interviews for Top Jobs at Pacific Capital Resource Group

Financial Advisor Interview

Interview

4 weeks process, where the recruiter interviews on 2 occasions. if you are a good fit then you meet with the directors. You have to pass the series 65 and series 7 to even begin the 3 month internship process. After the internship, they offer you a job,

Interview Questions

• How can you bring in clients or build book of business?   Answer Question

Registered Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Pacific Capital Resource Group (Bellevue, WA) in July 2014.

Interview

I was introduced to Kurt Jonson. He called me while on a business trip and interviewed with him 3 times and decided to make my move. Kurt went out of his way and made the process in depth with a smooth transition. I have never looked backed and am very excited about the future.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you want to build your practice and what does it look like when you are finished?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Interview

This is NOT a financial advisor job, it's 100% sale job. They ask your family, what's your parents do, how long you have been to great Seattle area to find out your potential network. This is a sale company and pay you very low wage.

Interview Questions

• very general questions. How do you see yourself in the next 5 years, your hobbies, what's your best friends call you.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Pacific Capital Resource Group (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Interview was short about 30 minutes followed by a lengthy online personality test. Basic interview questions were asked. Degree, interests, if i had any background knowledge of financial advising. the whole process was really relaxed.

This companies business plan relies on "warm sales" so if your not comfortable asking your friends and family for referrals and clients this is not the job for you.

Inter view is a six part process and if you reach the third section of it you are already expected to list 10 professional contacts.

Make no mistake this is a SALES position.

Interview Questions

I don't agree with there business model. Low base pay offered.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Pacific Capital Resource Group (Bellevue, WA) in September 2013.

Interview

The interview process is very long 5-8 interviews and multiple tests one must complete to be hired. Pacific Capital only hires the best possible candidates with a drive for entrepreneurship. Yes it is a sales job (just like owning any other form of business) but that is what Financial Advising is running a practice and trying to grow your practice. This is something you must understand entering the interview process.

Financial Advisor Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Pacific Capital Resource Group (Bellevue, WA) in January 2013.

Interview

This was a pretty standard interview. There were 2 gentlemen in the room, but one of them asked 90% of the questions. A lot of questions about previous work experience. The only unusual questions were: Do you consider yourself lucky? Do you consider yourself a glass half full or glass half empty person? and What do you think constitutes success?

Other than that I can say that it is an extremely stuffy and uptight office, so make sure to show up in your best clothes and be prepared for the interview to be conducted in low voices. Also, they are very punctual. I applied on a Monday, interviewed on Wednesday, and received a rejection letter in the mail on Friday, so you shouldn't have to wait around wondering about their decision.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the company, and did you do any research about the company?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Pacific Capital Resource Group (Seattle, WA) in May 2012.

Interview

There are six interviews and after each one they advance you if you continue to fit the profile. This seemed like a lot of interviews but it is really designed to make sure you will be successful and be a good fit for the company.

Interview Questions

• Can you identify 200 people you know and then 50 that you know super well to use as a springboard for recommendations.   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was simple. The company Penn Mutual offers the salary so there is no negotiation. If you want to make more money, then you better make more sales.

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Pacific Capital Resource Group (Bellevue, WA) in April 2012.

Interview

asked about myself, my hobbies, what my parents did, work experience, why I chose the college I went to, when I graduate.
    Then asked about why I chose Pacific Capital, how I felt about sales and what experience I had.
    Having a big network of potential clients is HUGE, and will make or break whether you can get the job. They dont cold-call clients, the majority of financial advisors get clients from the people they already know and then get referrals.
    What is your ideal job description?
    What do you define success as in your life?
    What is your most challenging course and your favorite course you have taken at school?
    What is a Financial advisor supposed to do?

Interview Questions

• What are some qualities of a successful Financial Advisor?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Pacific Capital Resource Group (Bellevue, WA) in January 2012.

Interview

3 or 4 meetings where you get to mutually interview each other and get an idea of what it takes to succeed in this industry. If you make it through the first 2-3 meetings, the last meeting is your opportunity to ask any question you need to Kurt Jonson, the President of Pacific Capital, so that you can then decide if this is a good fit for you, not just for them.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable asking people difficult questions when necessary?   1 Answer

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Pacific Capital Resource Group.

Interview

6 step process that is designed to find perfect candidate for company. Initial interview is basic get to know you interview. Each interview is then followed with an online personality test.

Interview Questions

• Personality tests can be deceptively difficult. There is no wrong answer, but there can be incorrect answers... if that makes sense.   Answer Question