Pacific Clinics

Relevance Date Difficulty

Mental Health Worker II Interview

Mental Health Worker II
Pasadena, CA

I applied online and interviewed at Pacific Clinics.

Interview Details – Applied for this position online and received a phone call for an interview three days after my application was sent. I had a very enjoyable interview with two of the staff from the clinic- they asked general questions about work experience in the mental health field and showed me around the office when the interview was over.

Interview Question – I was asked to write a simple paragraph describing the events that occurred from the day before. The purpose of this assignment was to see my writing style and how descriptive I would be. This is important because this position requires documenting the details of the counseling sessions with the clients.   Answer Question

Psychiatric Technician Interview

Psychiatric Technician
Los Angeles, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Pacific Clinics in November 2010.

Interview Details – informal interview

Interview Question – no questions were difficult to answer   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – the collegues interview the new employee

Very Easy Interview

Mental Health Therapist Interview

Mental Health Therapist

Interviewed at Pacific Clinics

Interview Details – basic process-not structured.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Benefits/Leave Administrator Interview

Benefits/Leave Administrator
Arcadia, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Pacific Clinics in July 2011.

Interview Details – Very standard. Panel of 3 employees for first interview, then another with VP.

Negotiation Details – Very little on the phone.

Very Easy Interview

Receptionist Interview

Receptionist
Los Angeles, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 8 months - interviewed at Pacific Clinics in January 2009.

Interview Details – I submitted a regular employment application, attended an interview where I was asked about my skill, and subsequently, I was hired as a temporary receptionist for eight months.

Interview Question – I was asked could I just stick to my job duties.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation.

TBS Coach Interview

TBS Coach

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Pacific Clinics.

Interview Details – Took a long time

Interview Question – Test at the end   Answer Question

Mental Health Therapist Interview

Mental Health Therapist

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Pacific Clinics.

Interview Details – 1 interview that involved a "typing test" where you had to write a sample note. The hiring process took a very long time. It took several weeks to find out that I had indeed been offered the job. Salary is not discussed in the interview and is handled by HR on the phone call. I didn't actually start for a month after the initially reported start date. My paperwork was not entered, so it took another 1.5 months (waiver for unlicensed psychologist) to start obtaining hours towards licensure and get paid a therapist salary.

Be sure to ask about turnover and steer clear, if possible, from the programs with high turnover. There is usually a good reason, and there seems to be a lot of discrepancy in job satisfaction depending on program.

Interview Question – None. They will give case examples and ask how you would respond in a situation.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not feel like I was able to negotiate because HR called me with the official offer, not the people I interviewed with. It was not presented as negotiable. However, after the fact I learned there was a little room for negotiation, but not much.

Worked for Pacific Clinics? Contribute to the Community!