Pacific Gas and Electric

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Pacific Gas and Electric in September 2011.

Interview Details – Got call from recruiter, did a phone screen, came in over two different days for a total of 4 rounds.

Interview Question – Behavioral interview. Extremely structured, almost too structured. Couldn't engage in a conversation and try to learn more because the focus was on sticking to the script. Has to do with HR paranoia for fair hiring I'm sure. No hard questions, standard talk about a time, tell me about how you demonstrated, why are you interested, and so on.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Its very HR driven. They have salary bands, levels. Know the levels within the company, if you're not happy with offer, try to push for higher level.

San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Pacific Gas and Electric in November 2009.

Interview Details – Normal hiring process. There were 3 rounds. Normal questions asking about experience, what you know about the company, and what if situations. HR however needs to do a better job and prepping the interviewers. One of my interviewers was a male and asked me if I had any excel modeling experience. Before I could answer he said, "and I don't mean fashion modeling". I was misled about the type of work by one of the interviewers. She me that 40% of the job would be daily operational work. And the rest would be project management, which is what I wanted and told her that. Turns out that it became 90% daily operational work and very little project management.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Strict on vacation days. They only give you 10 days no matter what unless you in a very high position.

Very Easy Interview

San Francisco, CA

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Pacific Gas and Electric in June 2009.

Interview Details – I applied for the job on the internal job board. Two weeks later, I received a call to schedule an interview. The interview was supposed to consist of four 30 minute interviews in successive rounds. PG&E usually conducts behavioral interviews but for some reason I did not get any behavioral questions.

The interview was all fit questions or just the interviewer talking about the job. My first interviewer was the manager I would report to. He asked fit questions and was very rude as he answered phone calls and was just disorganized in general. The fit questions were easy to answer for the most part and he asked a few and then just asked me about job qualifications and etc.

Second interviewer was another manager but not one I would report to. He did not ask me any questions but told me that I was unqualified for the job and told me that I need to improve my interviewing skills. He told me that I am very bad at interviewing.

The third interview was a panel interview of two analysts. The analyst asked a few fit questions and then told me that I should apply for a different job. She was extremely unprofessional and I did not like her at all.

The fourth interview did not take place at all since the interviewer could not make it.

Overall, this was a disastrous interview and the interviewers were extremely unprofessional. Most of the time, they just spent their time telling me why I was unqualified for the job. This was also not a stress test interview as no questions were really asked. Overall, I would say this was one of my worst interview experiences ever. Needless to say, I did not receive an offer. I am going to rate this interview as an easy interview as none of the questions were difficult. However, the interview was uncharacteristic of PG&E as no behavioral questions were asked.

Interview Question – What was your greatest accomplishment?   Answer Question

Worked for Pacific Gas and Electric? Contribute to the Community!