Pacific Gas and Electric Human Resources Consultant Interview Questions

1 Interview Review

0.0

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Human Resources Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Pacific Gas and Electric.

Interview

I had 3 interviews with PG&E for an HR position. I was asked a number of behaviorally-based interview questions - many digging into my ability to manage projects, influence clients and deal with difficult situations. For my second interview I met with the hiring manager who expressed the job might not be appropriate for me as it was more of a back office role and did not have much interaction with clients. The questions asked during the interview, as well as the job description, seemed inconsistent the reality of what the job actually entailed. I was then asked to submit writing samples prior to a 3rd interview. In my final interview I was asked more behavioral questions and I tried to dig into the inconsistency between the interview questions/job description and the reality of the job. I was able to get a bit more clarity - but overall my impression was the interview questions and job description portrayed a position that was more complex and higher level than the job actually was. I was told that I would be contacted early the next week (the job interview was on a Friday) regarding whether or not I would receive an offer. I was never contacted by PG&E again. I read reviews that this happened to others prior to my interview, but thought it would never happen for an HR position, and certainly not after a 3rd interview. It is disappointing to come in on 3 separate occasions, 1 day which required me to take a day off of work, and never get contacted to close the loop.

Interview Questions