Pacific Gas and Electric Interview Questions

Updated Jun 22, 2015

2.9

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Pacific Gas and Electric.

Interview

I had a recorded online interview followed by an over the phone interview. The whole process took about 4 weeks. I got a call back within two weeks and then an offer within a week after the second interview.

Interview Questions

• I had a recorded interview over my computer. A prerecorded question was asked and I had 1 minute to prepare and 2 minutes to answer. The questions were on the order of "Why do you want to work at PG&E?", "Tell me about a time that you overcame a challenge", and "Give an example of how you made a project better".   Answer Question

ERDP Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Pacific Gas and Electric.

Interview

Recorded interview online through third party site. There is a video of someone asking a question, then you get 60 seconds to prepare your answer and finally 2 minutes to record answer. You do not get to rerecord answers. I think about 5 questions in total were asked, none of which were technical.

Field Engineer Interview

Interview

They ask just above basic interview questions, if you are aware of STAR questions. For example, if you are posed with this situation, what is your reaction, and how do you handle yourself. They asked a total of four of these questions. Standard entry level interview. No technical questions. They don't ask about resume unless you mention it in an answer.

Interview Questions

• What is one thing that your friends or colleagues did that was dangerous, and how did you change their minds about it?   Answer Question

Assistant Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Pacific Gas and Electric (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Some behavioral questions and some technical questions. Nothing really complicated. Just gotta make sure you come prepared and do your research about the company and the program you are going to be working on. It helps if you have some suggestions about it. They are really up-front with what they want and need from you.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Pacific Gas and Electric.

Interview

The first interview was a recorded video interview. You were given a short amount of time to practice and then answered a questions a camera with no interviewer present. The next was a phone interview for 2 different and entirely unrelated positions. After the phone interview, I got an offer for the position I had verbalized a preference for during the conversation.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience handling difficult customers   1 Answer

Negotiation

Offer letter was sent and I was given 10 days to accept or decline.

Recruiter, Career Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Pacific Gas and Electric (San Francisco, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Phone Interview with basic questions about your background, experience & interest in the company. Then there is a panel style interview where you are asked questions that relate to PG&E's core competencies. Then a meeting with the director of the department to get a deeper understanding of your technical experience.

Interview Questions

• What is a previous challenged I faced? How did I overcome it?   Answer Question

IT Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Pacific Gas and Electric.

Interview

Easy, I got it from attending a conference for society of women engineers. Everyone should go to a conference it is awesome! Anyway they gave me an offer the same day and were super nice to talk to. All I can say is practice doing STAR based questions and be honest and truthful in your answers. They like people with leadership skills and whatnot.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Pacific Gas and Electric.

Interview

Phone Interview precedes the onsite interview. You will need to be dressed to impress, punctual, well spoken and very knowledgeable in your area of expertise. I would advise listening very closely to the questions during the interview because most positions within in the company are very detail oriented. It helps if you have an understanding of how electricity works and a clear understanding of the job you applied for.

Interview Questions

• For the most part it is personality based so one of the most difficult questions you will run into is in regards to how you handle difficult people and situations.   1 Answer

Senior Operations Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Pacific Gas and Electric.

Interview

Panel interviews and follow up one on one interview. Process is very standard and fairly quick. Two or three days after I received the offer. Standard questions all based on the STAR model. The final interview was with the supervisor of the my new role. She was assertive and followed the protocol to the letter. Everything was very structured, which was at times a bit odd but understandable.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation you had to deal with an ethical dilemma. How was it and what was the outcome.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Little space for negotiating. Base salary is okay, over the median. Stocks can be negotiated!

Regulatory Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Pacific Gas and Electric.

Interview

I applied for the position online and after 4 days received a call from the hiring manager asking to interview me. We scheduled an interview for the following week. I got there 1hr late due to heavy traffic and rain but he was super understanding. I interviewed with him for about 1hr then with a female sr manager for 1hr as well. After the interview she told me in so many words that i got the job. The next step was to speak to the director, usually a face to face situation but they accommodated and made it a phone conversation instead. That conversation took place 3 days after the interview. Initially i was told that if everything went well with her, I would hear from HR the following Monday since i spoke to her on a Friday. At the end of our conversation she told me that i would hear from the hiring manager shortly. After about 2 hrs, the recruiter called me instead asking about salary requirements. We negotiated, i shared my numbers with him and he went and spoke to the team leads and got back to me with my bottom line number. I immediately accepted the offer because it is a great company to work for, the benefits are amazing, the room for growth is unlimited it seems, and i had no real reason to delay the process during the holiday season. I wanted to seal the deal since I was happy with the offer.

Interview Questions

• If you had a half a million dollars what would you invest it in and what would drive your decision?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiation happened within 1 day. I was called up by the recruiter and he started the conversation by trying to figure out what my salary requirements are and what I am earning at my current job.