Pacific Gas and Electric Interview Questions

2.9

Assistant Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Pacific Gas and Electric.

Some behavioral questions and some technical questions. Nothing really complicated. Just gotta make sure you come prepared and do your research about the company and the program you are going to be working on. It helps if you have some suggestions about it. They are really up-front with what they want and need from you.

Business Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Pacific Gas and Electric.

The first interview was a recorded video interview. You were given a short amount of time to practice and then answered a questions a camera with no interviewer present. The next was a phone interview for 2 different and entirely unrelated positions. After the phone interview, I got an offer for the position I had verbalized a preference for during the conversation.

Interview Questions
    • What is your experience handling difficult customers   View Answer
    Offer letter was sent and I was given 10 days to accept or decline.

IT Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Pacific Gas and Electric.

Easy, I got it from attending a conference for society of women engineers. Everyone should go to a conference it is awesome! Anyway they gave me an offer the same day and were super nice to talk to. All I can say is practice doing STAR based questions and be honest and truthful in your answers. They like people with leadership skills and whatnot.

Electric Business Support Specialist Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Pacific Gas and Electric.

Phone Interview precedes the onsite interview. You will need to be dressed to impress, punctual, well spoken and very knowledgeable in your area of expertise. I would advise listening very closely to the questions during the interview because most positions within in the company are very detail oriented. It helps if you have an understanding of how electricity works and a clear understanding of the job you applied for.

Interview Questions
    • For the most part it is personality based so one of the most difficult questions you will run into is in regards to how you handle difficult people and situations.   View Answer

Senior Operations Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Pacific Gas and Electric.

Panel interviews and follow up one on one interview. Process is very standard and fairly quick. Two or three days after I received the offer. Standard questions all based on the STAR model. The final interview was with the supervisor of the my new role. She was assertive and followed the protocol to the letter. Everything was very structured, which was at times a bit odd but understandable.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation you had to deal with an ethical dilemma. How was it and what was the outcome.   Answer Question
    Little space for negotiating. Base salary is okay, over the median. Stocks can be negotiated!

Program Manager Principal Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Ramon, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Ramon, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Pacific Gas and Electric in January 2015.

I went through a phone screen, and then an in person interview with the hiring manager who was a Director. The process was very enjoyable and I could see right away why this new director was moved three times into role where things needed improvement. Even though the interview was only one hour long, I could see from this brief interaction that she was a natural leader and problem solver. I didn't get a job offer, but I found this interview a pleasant contrast from my previous interview from PG&E, from a role that I got an offer and turned down. The one thing that I took away from this interview was inspiration from this director as to how to very quickly tell a story to get a point across as to who you are and you tackle work and problems. It also triggered a memory from long ago when I worked for someone I truly admired. I know it is rare if you can find a boss that one admires and can learn from and gets along with... a good manager is important, and a great manager is hard to find...

Interview Questions
    • Describe a work situation where you used metrics to change a behavior and drive a result.   Answer Question

Regulatory Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Pacific Gas and Electric.

I applied for the position online and after 4 days received a call from the hiring manager asking to interview me. We scheduled an interview for the following week. I got there 1hr late due to heavy traffic and rain but he was super understanding. I interviewed with him for about 1hr then with a female sr manager for 1hr as well. After the interview she told me in so many words that i got the job. The next step was to speak to the director, usually a face to face situation but they accommodated and made it a phone conversation instead. That conversation took place 3 days after the interview. Initially i was told that if everything went well with her, I would hear from HR the following Monday since i spoke to her on a Friday. At the end of our conversation she told me that i would hear from the hiring manager shortly. After about 2 hrs, the recruiter called me instead asking about salary requirements. We negotiated, i shared my numbers with him and he went and spoke to the team leads and got back to me with my bottom line number. I immediately accepted the offer because it is a great company to work for, the benefits are amazing, the room for growth is unlimited it seems, and i had no real reason to delay the process during the holiday season. I wanted to seal the deal since I was happy with the offer.

Interview Questions
    • If you had a half a million dollars what would you invest it in and what would drive your decision?   View Answer
    Negotiation happened within 1 day. I was called up by the recruiter and he started the conversation by trying to figure out what my salary requirements are and what I am earning at my current job.

Gas Mapping Technician Interview

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Pacific Gas and Electric in December 2014.

Long hiring process, began with a series of online tests then an in person test a week or two later. After passing all the tests you are eligible to be interviewed. Interview was very relaxed and my interviewer gave an extensive overview of the position. Best interview experience I have ever had although I haven't had as many as most people. After the position overview and exchanging job histories it was standard STAR questions.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you improved safety at a previous job and what was the result?   Answer Question
    • Describe a specific situation when a coworker or customer was not satisfied. How did you solve their issue and what was the result?   Answer Question
    Entry level position so just an offer, no negotiation.

Apprentice Communication Technician Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Pacific Gas and Electric.

Ask technical and non technical questions. 3 supervisors interviewed me and were very nice. I messed up on some technical hands on stuff which showed my inexperience in the field, but I thought that's why it's an apprentice position. Anyways didn't get it.

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

An initial 30 min phone screen with basic questions like, why PG&E, why this role? Then 3 back to back 45 min interviews including a case study. The 3 interviews were with the direct manager, a Director level, and 1 person at the same level as the position I was applying for.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time two managers, senior to your position, but of equal levels argued. How did you handle the situation?   Answer Question