Pacific Gas and Electric

Relevance Date Difficulty

Administrative Clerk (#4709) Interview

Administrative Clerk (#4709)
San Ramon, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Pacific Gas and Electric in December 2012.

Interview Details – The nature of the interview was a face to face interview on-site at PG&E. I was interviewed as a candidate for Job Opening "Administrative Clerk #4709". Location of the interview was at 3401 Crow Canyon Road, San Ramon, CA 74583. 1st Interviewer was James R. Crawford, Supervisor. Additional interviewers were two female Sr. Engineers.

Interview Question – A system is being implemented, there are several issues...how do you get these issues resolved?   Answer Question

Utility Worker Interview

Utility Worker
San Jose, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Pacific Gas and Electric in June 2013.

Interview Details – only 1 interview, very basic questions. when you had to make a hard decision, when you disagreed with someone, safety ect

Negotiation Details – no negotiations, union position

Senior Project Manager Interview

Senior Project Manager
San Francisco, CA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Pacific Gas and Electric in August 2012.

Interview Details – Phone screened by placement agency; then interview by hiring manager.
Just a review of experience and perhaps just testing chemistry.

Negotiation Details – No negotiations.

Treasury Analyst Interview

Treasury Analyst
San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Pacific Gas and Electric in April 2013.

Interview Details – Applied Online

Phone screening interview

Phone interview with hiring manager

Interviewed with team members in round 1

Interviewed with director and hiring manager in round 2

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions, but just remember your past experience and how they can relate to a larger company.   Answer Question

Business Finance Analyst, Associate Interview

Business Finance Analyst, Associate
San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Pacific Gas and Electric in March 2013.

Interview Details – Initial phone interview with a manger of the division. Just a few questions about background and what I knew about PG&E. The call was unscheduled so it was a little difficult answering questions, but not knowing for sure which position we were talking about.

I got an email setting up a super day of interviewing. Went from 9 am to 1pm. I have 4 interviews back to back, followed by an Excel proficiency test. For the most part everyone seemed nice enough, some were a little abrasive but I believe that was just part of the interview process.

Interview Question – How does PG&E make its money?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Leaving the interview I felt horrible. I thought I had screwed everything up. A few days later when I was informed of my job I was very surprised. The offer was more than competitive with anything else coming my way. It was a tough decision but I ended up going with another offer. While the building was very impressive, I felt it was lacking a certain personal element. While I cant say I was treated with disrespect, I ended up choosing another offer because of better hospitality.

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
San Ramon, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Pacific Gas and Electric in September 2012.

Interview Details – I had a phone call for 30 mins and then followed up with an in-person interview which was for 45 mins with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Do you think there is a need of PM for any project? Did you always have one? Are you able to hadnle the project without PM? If yes how what were you'r responsibilities?   Answer Question
  • Do you have conflict within the team? How did you resolve?   Answer Question
  • Did you ever need to reject the requirments from the Business? how did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Manager

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Pacific Gas and Electric.

Interview Details – Applied on-line.
Received a message on my phone from the HR Recruiter asking to set up an interview the following week. I called her back later that day, had to leave a message. Three days later I still had not received a call back, so I called her again. No answer so I left another message.
The recruiter never called back. Horrible first impression of this company! If they can treat applicants so horribly I shudder to think how they treat their employees. Super rude and inconsiderate. I would not recommend this company to anyone.

Interview Question – None   Answer Question

Computer Systems Analyst Programmer Interview

Computer Systems Analyst Programmer
San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Pacific Gas and Electric.

Interview Details – Phone interview wasn't as technical as i though. More behavioral type questions

Interview Question – How did you handle giving someone bad news   Answer Question

Market Risk Intern Interview

Market Risk Intern

I applied online and interviewed at Pacific Gas and Electric.

Interview Details – The interviewer asked a lot of behavioral questions, and no technical questions. Such as brief introduction, how well you know the company, and one or two questions about the experience, and finally asking for your questions about the company. The whole process didn't go very well, since I mainly prepared for the technical questions.

Interview Question – suppose you made a mistake in a presentation   Answer Question

Tax Intern Interview

Tax Intern
San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Pacific Gas and Electric in May 2012.

Interview Details – I applied online, received a phone call in less than 2 days. We scheduled a time to interview over the phone, I had a phone interview less than a week later. She reccommended me to speak with the department I would be working in. I interviewed with them over the phone, they called back 10 minutes later and offered me the internship.

Interview Question – Tell me a time when you have been criticized, and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.