Pacific Gas and Electric Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA

2.8

81 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Project Engineer - Substation Design Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Ramon, CA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Pacific Gas and Electric.

From the time you applied to getting selected takes about 2 weeks turnaround. You will get interview by a panel, usually from 2 - 4 interviewers. They will utilized a STAR method to ask you about 5 or so situations / result questions, and after that will be some technical and work experience question. The process takes about 1 hour

Interview Questions
    • Described a situation where you were directed by upper management to make a decision in a non-compliance manner, what did you do?   View Answer

Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Ramon, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Pacific Gas and Electric in August 2014.

Contacted quickly for interview; HR seemed nice, hiring manager not so much. Did not let me know about the job in a timely manner, by the time they got back to me I had time to decide I did not want it after all as it seemed they were disorganized and there were some conflicting stories regarding the company on the news

Interview Questions
    • Regarding safety and technical questions not related to job posting   Answer Question

They did not advertise the correct job

Associate Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Pacific Gas and Electric in July 2014.

Fairly straightforward interview process. Asked general questions about my background and eventually asked a scripted series of questions concerning my experiences and qualifications. Very down to earth hiring staff and Business Analyst team. All there for the right reasons. The role was essentially an internal consultant/team chief of staff role.

Apprentice Communication Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Ramon, CA

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Pacific Gas and Electric in July 2014.

Called in for an interview and was asked a mix of STAR questions and hands on questions. This is an apprentice position, so its entry level, but they want you to have experience in the field.

Interview Questions
    • "Tell me about a time when blank happened, what did you do and what was the result"   Answer Question

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Pacific Gas and Electric in June 2014.

Was an out of town candidate. Two phone interviews then on-site interview. Questions were basic and not difficult. Overall process was just ok.

On-site, I did not feel that anyone was very welcoming and did not get a good vibe that would make me want to relocate. Four 1:1 interviews mainly with questions read from a list. A lot of repeat questions in each interview. Easy test at the end. After, dead air for at least a month and was then asked to do another phone interview with other seniors on the team, which I declined. Has been very difficult to get reimbursed for interview expenses incurred.

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Ramon, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Pacific Gas and Electric in June 2014.

Initial communication from HR took approximately 2 weeks from initial application. Several basic HR phone screenings led to a video interview with the hiring manager. Two weeks later they flew me out for a meet-and-greet. This consisted of a tour of the facility and several informal interviews with those I would be working with.

Interview Questions
    • What do you know about PG&E? And why would you be an asset to our company?   View Answer

Salarynot enough to offset the COL.

Public Relations Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Ramon, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Pacific Gas and Electric in May 2014.

Phone interview followed by two in person interviews with as single interviewer. Was told I would be contacted shortly for a final interview and my contact at the company then stopped replying to my emails and phone calls. Overall easy interview process that mostly consisted going over my background as it relates to the position I would be filling. Would have been a positive experience if not for the sudden cutting of all contact.

Interview Questions
    • Questions about how my personality would relate to the job.   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Ramon, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Pacific Gas and Electric in May 2014.

The interview consisted of behavioral questions - STEM style. It took 15-20 min to be done and be done with. Be prepared to stay calm and talk about past experiences as detailed and straight to the point as possible. Bring a power point presentation with you to show, it will help the interviewer to understand your communication skills.

Interview Questions
    • Talk about a situation where you had to resolve an issue.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vacaville, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vacaville, CA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Pacific Gas and Electric.

Sign up to take test at Hiring Hall. If you pass your name will go on a list for available jobs. You wait for a phone call (that can happen at anytime after passing testing requirements and background/drug test.

Interview Questions
    • None. No questions when going through the hiring hall just passing the test.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. $31.86 (included in lieu of benefits).

Director's Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Pacific Gas and Electric in March 2014.

Some of people enter this position from Agile1 (the appointed agency). First started as contractor for temporary basis, then moved on as the full-time employees.
    Some of them apply directly to the site for a full-time employee. After applying and submitting your resume, the HR will contact you, and schedule an interview. Mostly it is a panel interview with at least 2-3 people. Then, if you pass the 1st round, you will move to the 2nd round, and mostly you will be interviewed by the director (your future boss). You will get the answer if you get the job or not by approx. 5-10 business days after the final round.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation when you discovered that your work was not up to your manager's / team's expectations. What happened? What action did you take?   Answer Question