Pacific Gas and Electric Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA

79 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Senior Administrative Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Walnut Creek, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Walnut Creek, CA

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Pacific Gas and Electric in December 2013.

The interview date and time were emailed to me. Turned out, the manager had a different day and time. Don't know why. But, the manager was accommodating to this issue- summoned 2 employees to join the interview. There were a lot of questions. This was good. They described job differently that it actually was, and what job responsibilities were. Could this also be an error in communication? They were friendly and wanted me to start right away - a good sign. But manager kept pushing for an earlier start date that I could not do (earlier than 2-weeks). I was previously committed and couldn't change this date. After a few communication exchanges about the start date, Manager then accepted my proposed start date.

Interview Questions
    • The manager interviewer got a little too personal with where I was living, and how many kids I had, and how I planned to get to work. First time I was every asked this type of question(s) in an interview. Other job-related questions were standard and okay.   Answer Question
    It was a quick process. The salary seemed to be the going rate with my experience, and I accepted.

Project Engineer - Substation Design Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Ramon, CA

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Pacific Gas and Electric.

From the time you applied to getting selected takes about 2 weeks turnaround. You will get interview by a panel, usually from 2 - 4 interviewers. They will utilized a STAR method to ask you about 5 or so situations / result questions, and after that will be some technical and work experience question. The process takes about 1 hour

Interview Questions
    • Described a situation where you were directed by upper management to make a decision in a non-compliance manner, what did you do?   Answer Question

Apprentice Communication Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Ramon, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Pacific Gas and Electric in July 2014.

Called in for an interview and was asked a mix of STAR questions and hands on questions. This is an apprentice position, so its entry level, but they want you to have experience in the field.

Interview Questions
    • "Tell me about a time when blank happened, what did you do and what was the result"   Answer Question

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Pacific Gas and Electric in June 2014.

Was an out of town candidate. Two phone interviews then on-site interview. Questions were basic and not difficult. Overall process was just ok.

On-site, I did not feel that anyone was very welcoming and did not get a good vibe that would make me want to relocate. Four 1:1 interviews mainly with questions read from a list. A lot of repeat questions in each interview. Easy test at the end. After, dead air for at least a month and was then asked to do another phone interview with other seniors on the team, which I declined. Has been very difficult to get reimbursed for interview expenses incurred.

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Ramon, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Pacific Gas and Electric in June 2014.

Initial communication from HR took approximately 2 weeks from initial application. Several basic HR phone screenings led to a video interview with the hiring manager. Two weeks later they flew me out for a meet-and-greet. This consisted of a tour of the facility and several informal interviews with those I would be working with.

Interview Questions
    • What do you know about PG&E? And why would you be an asset to our company?   View Answer

Salarynot enough to offset the COL.

Associate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Carlos, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Carlos, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Pacific Gas and Electric in April 2013.

From the several engineering interviews I've had with PG&E, they were all rather similar. You'll receive a call from HR who will ask of your availability and provide very general information regarding the position. You'll then schedule the interview with the hiring supervisor and possibly other senior level people in that same group. The questions are already prepared by HR which means that the interviewers will ask you questions based on what is in the packet of interview questions. Follow the STAR interview process. Half are behavioral and the other half may be technical. KNOW YOUR RESUME and PG&E's values and goals.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you failed at something and how did you resolve the issue   Answer Question

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Pacific Gas and Electric in March 2013.

It can be prescriptive so bear with the interviewer. PG&E uses the STAR - Situation, Task, Result, Action to rate answers to questions so be sure you are familiar with that.

Interview Questions
    Better negotiate well when entering the company as pay raises are constrained y what you already make

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Ramon, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Pacific Gas and Electric in May 2014.

The interview consisted of behavioral questions - STEM style. It took 15-20 min to be done and be done with. Be prepared to stay calm and talk about past experiences as detailed and straight to the point as possible. Bring a power point presentation with you to show, it will help the interviewer to understand your communication skills.

Interview Questions
    • Talk about a situation where you had to resolve an issue.   Answer Question

Public Relations Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Ramon, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Pacific Gas and Electric in May 2014.

Phone interview followed by two in person interviews with as single interviewer. Was told I would be contacted shortly for a final interview and my contact at the company then stopped replying to my emails and phone calls. Overall easy interview process that mostly consisted going over my background as it relates to the position I would be filling. Would have been a positive experience if not for the sudden cutting of all contact.

Interview Questions
    • Questions about how my personality would relate to the job.   Answer Question

Director's Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Pacific Gas and Electric in March 2014.

Some of people enter this position from Agile1 (the appointed agency). First started as contractor for temporary basis, then moved on as the full-time employees.
    Some of them apply directly to the site for a full-time employee. After applying and submitting your resume, the HR will contact you, and schedule an interview. Mostly it is a panel interview with at least 2-3 people. Then, if you pass the 1st round, you will move to the 2nd round, and mostly you will be interviewed by the director (your future boss). You will get the answer if you get the job or not by approx. 5-10 business days after the final round.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation when you discovered that your work was not up to your manager's / team's expectations. What happened? What action did you take?   Answer Question

Worked for Pacific Gas and Electric? Contribute to the Community!