Pacific Gas and Electric

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Senior Financial Analyst
San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Pacific Gas and Electric in June 2014.

Interview Details – Was an out of town candidate. Two phone interviews then on-site interview. Questions were basic and not difficult. Overall process was just ok.

On-site, I did not feel that anyone was very welcoming and did not get a good vibe that would make me want to relocate. Four 1:1 interviews mainly with questions read from a list. A lot of repeat questions in each interview. Easy test at the end. After, dead air for at least a month and was then asked to do another phone interview with other seniors on the team, which I declined. Has been very difficult to get reimbursed for interview expenses incurred.

Interview Question – What are your short and long-term goals?   Answer Question

Associate Engineer Interview

Associate Engineer
San Carlos, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Pacific Gas and Electric in April 2013.

Interview Details – From the several engineering interviews I've had with PG&E, they were all rather similar. You'll receive a call from HR who will ask of your availability and provide very general information regarding the position. You'll then schedule the interview with the hiring supervisor and possibly other senior level people in that same group. The questions are already prepared by HR which means that the interviewers will ask you questions based on what is in the packet of interview questions. Follow the STAR interview process. Half are behavioral and the other half may be technical. KNOW YOUR RESUME and PG&E's values and goals.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you failed at something and how did you resolve the issue   Answer Question

Senior Engineer Interview

Senior Engineer
San Ramon, CA

I applied through other source and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Pacific Gas and Electric in June 2014.

Interview Details – Initial communication from HR took approximately 2 weeks from initial application. Several basic HR phone screenings led to a video interview with the hiring manager. Two weeks later they flew me out for a meet-and-greet. This consisted of a tour of the facility and several informal interviews with those I would be working with.

Interview Question – What do you know about PG&E? And why would you be an asset to our company?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Salarynot enough to offset the COL.

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Senior Business Analyst
San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Pacific Gas and Electric in March 2013.

Interview Details – It can be prescriptive so bear with the interviewer. PG&E uses the STAR - Situation, Task, Result, Action to rate answers to questions so be sure you are familiar with that.

Interview Question – Be ready to talk about safety   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Better negotiate well when entering the company as pay raises are constrained y what you already make

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Mechanical Engineer
San Ramon, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Pacific Gas and Electric in May 2014.

Interview Details – The interview consisted of behavioral questions - STEM style. It took 15-20 min to be done and be done with. Be prepared to stay calm and talk about past experiences as detailed and straight to the point as possible. Bring a power point presentation with you to show, it will help the interviewer to understand your communication skills.

Interview Question – Talk about a situation where you had to resolve an issue.   Answer Question

Public Relations Consultant Interview

Public Relations Consultant
San Ramon, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Pacific Gas and Electric in May 2014.

Interview Details – Phone interview followed by two in person interviews with as single interviewer. Was told I would be contacted shortly for a final interview and my contact at the company then stopped replying to my emails and phone calls. Overall easy interview process that mostly consisted going over my background as it relates to the position I would be filling. Would have been a positive experience if not for the sudden cutting of all contact.

Interview Question – Questions about how my personality would relate to the job.   Answer Question

Director's Assistant Interview

Director's Assistant
San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Pacific Gas and Electric in March 2014.

Interview Details – Some of people enter this position from Agile1 (the appointed agency). First started as contractor for temporary basis, then moved on as the full-time employees.
Some of them apply directly to the site for a full-time employee. After applying and submitting your resume, the HR will contact you, and schedule an interview. Mostly it is a panel interview with at least 2-3 people. Then, if you pass the 1st round, you will move to the 2nd round, and mostly you will be interviewed by the director (your future boss). You will get the answer if you get the job or not by approx. 5-10 business days after the final round.

Interview Question – Describe a situation when you discovered that your work was not up to your manager's / team's expectations. What happened? What action did you take?   Answer Question

Technical Support Intern Interview

Technical Support Intern
San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Pacific Gas and Electric in May 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online a couple of weeks earlier near end of the application deadline. Waited 6 weeks to hear back from them. Finally got a phone call and had a quick phone interview that I did for practice, but had already accepted another position.

Engineer Associate Interview

Engineer Associate
San Francisco, CA

The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Pacific Gas and Electric in February 2014.

Interview Details – got a call to interview in sf. Easy questions..a mix of standard behavioral and easy technical but I received an email about 2 weeks later saying I didn't get the job

Interview Question – no difficult or unexpected questions   Answer Question

R/W Consultant Interview

R/W Consultant
San Francisco, CA

I applied through other source and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Pacific Gas and Electric in August 2010.

Interview Details – Bias on former employees. Picking people they have good relationships with, not necessarily the best candidate.

Interview Question – Why work for a company that has little moral values?   View Answer

Worked for Pacific Gas and Electric? Contribute to the Community!