Pacific Gas and Electric

Relevance Date Difficulty

Utility Worker Interview

Utility Worker
San Jose, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Pacific Gas and Electric in June 2013.

Interview Details – only 1 interview, very basic questions. when you had to make a hard decision, when you disagreed with someone, safety ect

Negotiation Details – no negotiations, union position

Apprentice Lineman Interview

Apprentice Lineman
San Jose, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Pacific Gas and Electric.

Interview Details – Submitted an application; took a math test; met with the hiring supervisor; was made an offer

Negotiation Details – No negotiations since this was a union position.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
San Jose, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Pacific Gas and Electric in January 2012.

Interview Details – The interview was a 2 person panel interview, with each one taking turns in asking questions. Questions weren't all pertaining to job. Was asked to answer in star format. Which was limiting on how u could answer the questions. They asked about attendance, why should I be considered or feel I am a fit for the company. They asked to explain a time when I had to deal with a irrate customer.

Interview Question – Why should we hire you?   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very Difficult Interview

Lineman Interview

Lineman
San Jose, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at Pacific Gas and Electric in October 2011.

Interview Details – It was not what I expected. Planned poorly for it

Interview Questions

Project Engineer Interview

Project Engineer
San Jose, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Pacific Gas and Electric in February 2008.

Interview Details – There was only one in-person interview conducted by a panel of 2 senior engineers. They asked about my experience and how I would react and solve a problem situation. Or how I would approach and plan a specified work assignment, budget manpower, equipment and materials. I thought they liked what they heard.

Interview Questions

• Give us your plan of action given a new project?   View Answer
  • Where do I see myself in the company after 5 years?   View Answer

Worked for Pacific Gas and Electric? Contribute to the Community!