Pacific Gas and Electric Interview Questions in San Jose, CA

Updated Aug 21, 2015

3.3

Utility Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Pacific Gas and Electric (San Jose, CA) in June 2013.

Interview

only 1 interview, very basic questions. when you had to make a hard decision, when you disagreed with someone, safety ect

Negotiation

no negotiations, union position

Apprentice Lineman Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pacific Gas and Electric (San Jose, CA).

Interview

Submitted an application; took a math test; met with the hiring supervisor; was made an offer

Negotiation

No negotiations since this was a union position.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pacific Gas and Electric (San Jose, CA) in January 2012.

Interview

The interview was a 2 person panel interview, with each one taking turns in asking questions. Questions weren't all pertaining to job. Was asked to answer in star format. Which was limiting on how u could answer the questions. They asked about attendance, why should I be considered or feel I am a fit for the company. They asked to explain a time when I had to deal with a irrate customer.

Lineman Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Pacific Gas and Electric (San Jose, CA) in October 2011.

Interview

It was not what I expected. Planned poorly for it

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here   1 Answer
    • Have you experienced workers working unsafe   1 Answer

CCFA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Pacific Gas and Electric (San Jose, CA) in April 2011.

Interview

Fairly standard 2 interview process. It was a few years ago. Phone interview then a 1 on 1. As mentioned below it was a very informal situation. Met in San Jose office where I would be working from. Didnt interview any higher than my direct manager

Interview Questions

• Basic tech knowledge and work habits. Overall a very informal interview   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation as the economy was in the dumps, basically a take this or dont.

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Pacific Gas and Electric (San Jose, CA) in February 2008.

Interview

There was only one in-person interview conducted by a panel of 2 senior engineers. They asked about my experience and how I would react and solve a problem situation. Or how I would approach and plan a specified work assignment, budget manpower, equipment and materials. I thought they liked what they heard.

Interview Questions

• Give us your plan of action given a new project?   1 Answer
    • Where do I see myself in the company after 5 years?   1 Answer