Pacific Gas and Electric Senior Financial Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Nov 3, 2014
Updated Nov 3, 2014

3.7

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Interview

An initial 30 min phone screen with basic questions like, why PG&E, why this role? Then 3 back to back 45 min interviews including a case study. The 3 interviews were with the direct manager, a Director level, and 1 person at the same level as the position I was applying for.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time two managers, senior to your position, but of equal levels argued. How did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Pacific Gas and Electric

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Pacific Gas and Electric (San Francisco, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

Was an out of town candidate. Two phone interviews then on-site interview. Questions were basic and not difficult. Overall process was just ok.

On-site, I did not feel that anyone was very welcoming and did not get a good vibe that would make me want to relocate. Four 1:1 interviews mainly with questions read from a list. A lot of repeat questions in each interview. Easy test at the end. After, dead air for at least a month and was then asked to do another phone interview with other seniors on the team, which I declined. Has been very difficult to get reimbursed for interview expenses incurred.

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Pacific Gas and Electric (San Francisco, CA) in January 2010.

Interview

Phone interview with HR. In person interview with 2 analysts, hiring manager, senior manager and director. Excel exam. Presentation with power point slide about financial statement of company. Analysts are nice but senior manager and director will grill candidates with everything.

Interview Questions

• What would you do to strengthen the financials of the company?   1 Answer

Negotiation

no room to negotiate unless it's a management position.