Pacific Guardian Life Insurance

1 candidate interview
Relevance Date Difficulty

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Pacific Guardian Life Insurance in September 2013.

Interview Details – After applying for this job, I received an email shortly after from the company's HR. After a week, they called me and scheduled an interview with me. I was told I will be tested and I don't have to study for it and its not a pass or not pass type test. The tests were pretty easy and they were timed. The first one was timed 5 minutes and the last two were timed 8 minutes. An HR specialist helps you throughout these testings and then you meet with the HR Assistant Manager where she asks you basic interview questions. After that, she checks to see if the HR Manager has time to meet with you and she will briefly ask you some questions for a minute. The HR department were all friendly and professional but it was completely different with the QA Manager I had to meet with. He was completely unprofessional.

The "interview" with this QA manager was not really an interview. It was more like a 1 hour and 30 minutes orientation or a brief training for someone that already got the job. I didn't get the job yet, so I shouldn't have been shown any confidential files of the company's insurance policy holders. Not once in the interview did he ask me what my strengths, experience, or skills for the job and not once did he make any references to my résumé. He tried to explain how the softwares and programs work and went way too in depth with it. Then he just simply asked me if I still want the job sarcastically. I didn't feel the interview was fair and that he could make a hiring decision based on it. He disclosed personal information to me about why he had to leave the company twice because first, the pay wasn't good and second, because he was sick of using the company's outdated software. He made comments about the company that made me concerned about the company's future outlook and corporate culture. He told me most people that work here don't care about the younger newly hired employees and that the company is not doing so well in terms of revenue. Overall after the "interview" with him, I felt completely miserable and like I completely wasted my time. I've never been handled so unprofessionally in my entire life and it blows my mind how upper management allows someone like him to conduct interviews with job applicants.

However, that is not all to it. Shortly after I left the building, I received an email from the HR asking me how my interview went with the QA manager. I found it weird that they would be asking me that. I was truthful and told them I was unprofessionally treated by him and they simply said sorry and best of luck to my job search. Overall, I just have a really bad taste in my mouth from how I was ultimately brushed under the rug like that.

Interview Question – Do you still want this job?   Answer Question

Worked for Pacific Guardian Life Insurance? Contribute to the Community!