Pacific Life

Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Inforce Specialist Interview

Inforce Specialist

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Pacific Life.

Interview Details – It was easy. Just went over a few questions you can find by googling behavioral questions. The process was real fast for me. The HR lady and I had some common interested so it helped speed the process up. The HR staff at PL are really friend easy going people. The overall culture at PL is about having a good work life balance for their employees.

Interview Question – If you are a personable person you will be find. You know stuff in terms of your resume and be a critical thinker too.   Answer Question

Regional Service Manager Interview

Regional Service Manager
Aliso Viejo, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Pacific Life.

Interview Details – I interviewed over the phone. Overall it was a negative experience. The interviewer only asked a few questions and, in my opinion, didn't gather near enough information to determine if I'd potentially be a good fit for the position. When the time came for me to ask questions, the responses were very short and direct. The interviewer lacked professionalism and was borderline rude.

Interview Question – Tell me about your greatest success in your previous position?   Answer Question

Actuary Intern Interview

Actuary Intern

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Pacific Life.

Interview Details – The interview was very straightforward. The person asked questions about your resumes and qualifications. If selected to the final round, there will be a panel of people who interview you through skype. Most of questions are behaviour-based.

Interview Question – The most difficult for me was to explain the projects to them in the simplest terms. There was no unexpected questions, so knowing your stuff and keeping them short and straight to the questions was required.   Answer Question

New Business Temp Interview

New Business Temp

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Pacific Life.

Interview Details – It was easy. You'll need to have some experience in an office setting and act like you really want the job!

Interview Question – None; the questions were basic interview questions.   Answer Question

Actuarial Internship Interview

Actuarial Internship

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Pacific Life in December 2013.

Interview Details – first a phone interview for about half an hour with an actuarial HR person. She was nice and straightforward, the questions she asked in phone interview were pretty standard behavior questions. After about a week I was notified for an Web interview. It was a panel interview with that same HR person and a team of 5-6 actuaries, and 5 other candidates. It was kind of intimidating because you can hear every answer other candidates provide. The web interview went on for an hour and a half. Sadly I didn't receive an offer.

Interview Question – Tell me a time when you took the initiative and took what was originally expected of you into a better level in a technical situation.   Answer Question

Actuarial Intern Interview

Actuarial Intern

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Pacific Life.

Interview Details – The phone interview had basic HR questions such as educational experience, work history, strengths and weaknesses, etc. There were some specific questions about the position such as my proficiency level with Microsoft Excel, and if I knew features such as VLOOKUP and Pivot Tables.
The final interview was done via webcam with 6 or 7 other candidates and a group of actuaries on the other side. Questions were asked and then all the candidates took turns to answer. The questions were not too unexpected. They were mostly about our work and educational experiences that make us suitable for an actuarial position. Some were typical HR questions about group work, leadership potential, achievement we were most proud of, etc.

Interview Question – Nothing too difficult or unexpected   Answer Question

Summer Actuarial Internship Interview

Summer Actuarial Internship
Huntington Beach, CA

I interviewed at Pacific Life in December 2013.

Interview Details – First I had a phone interview consisting of basic behavioral questions. Then I had a group GoToMeeting Interview online. It was me and six other candidates and 8 actuaries from pacific life. Went around in a circle asking the same 8 questions to all of us. Took about 1.5 hours and the questions were all behavioral.

Interview Question – What type of programming skills do you have?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Information Technology Department Interview

Information Technology Department
Newport Beach, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Pacific Life in September 2013.

Interview Details – A recruiter called me and told me about a job at pacific life. At first I was hesitant, but I went ahead and had myself submitted to the position. The reason I state that i was hesitant because I had dealt with Pacific Life a few years ago. They are very slow in any type of process. Anyway, I was able to get a phone screen interview and I thought that went well. HR was the initial phone screen. Then I had another phone screen with the IT team. So it seems that went well also. I got asked to come in for an interview. I obliged and had to meet with HR coordinator, the IT Team, and the hiring manager. I met with HR first. She asked me the same exact questions she had asked during our phone screen. I thought that was just a total waste of time. I didn't see the value in it at all. Then I met with the team. They seemed great but didn't really ask me anything difficult at all. So that could have meant one of two things. Either they've already made up their mind to hire me or they're just going through the motions and they're not really interested. But they were nice and friendly. Then I met with the hiring manager. Okay I am not sure if the manager's day was going well because he really didn't seem that he wanted to talk to anyone that day. He was slouching in his chair, answering his phone, looking at his computer screen, flagging co-workers that are walking past his office to come in, and pretty much didn't give me time. My initial thoughts were to just get up and walk away, but I am a professional. I have to say that this is a first time for me where a hiring manager acts like he did. Later on after I left I had to pay $12.00 for parking. What a complete waste of someone's time? I didn't get any offers from them. However, I wanted to get feedback on my interview and they totally ignored me. They call themselves professionals but yet I get treated unprofessionally by the hiring manager. You know if you are not interested in interviewing me then have the courtesy of at least behaving like a professional. HR is a waste. They have no idea about the job or expectations. They are just fillers for some process that seems to take forever to get through. If I had to do this over again, I wouldn't even consider them.

Interview Question – None of the questions were difficult or unexpected. I don't think they knew how to interview a person.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern

Interviewed at Pacific Life

Interview Details – I got a phone call from the recruiting coordinator 2 weeks after my submission to schedule a 30 minutes phone interview. After the phone interview there was a webcam interview with a panel of actuaries in Dec. The questions were general behavioral questions during the 30 minutes phone interview, nothing unexpected.

Coordinator Interview

Coordinator
Newport Beach, CA

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Pacific Life in May 2009.

Interview Details – They called me after finding my resume on Monster.com. Started with a phone interview and reviewed my resume. After a couple of days they called me in for an in person interview which included one HR employee, the person who would be my supervisor and his supervisor. Interview went well and my boss ended up telling me it came down to me and one other person but they chose me because of the follow up letter I wrote thanking them for the interview and telling them how much I looked forward to the opportunity to work with them.

Interview Question – Had I had any past bad experiences with my manager.   View Answer

Worked for Pacific Life? Contribute to the Community!