Pacific National Exhibition Interview Questions

Updated Aug 21, 2015

2.2

Agriculture Crew Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pacific National Exhibition.

Interview

Group interview, we played heads up, jenga, and ice breaker games. It was really easy. Each jenga block had a corresponding situational question that we answered as a group. Don't be antisocial and you'll be fine.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a customer had an obviously faked hand stamp and was demanding a new one, blaming the staff for messing it up?   Answer Question

Rides Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Pacific National Exhibition (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online to the website and a couple of weeks later I got an email inviting me to a group interview. The group interview was pretty easy we just played jenga and 2 truths and a lie and other icebreakers. Just participate in group convo and you'll be fine. The second interview was with the rides department and it wasn't really an interview they just asked me my availability and gave me my shifts and the times when i could go pick up my uniform.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if someone was complaining about the price of the tickets.   1 Answer

Candy Attendant Interview

Interview

The first interview was a group interview with around 200 people in the same room, divided into table groups of around 10 people. We played games like Jenga and People Bingo. The interviewers were mostly the supervisors and were friendly and encouraged conversation. We also had to do a short math test at the end which you needed to pass if you wanted to work in any of the cash positions.

Interview Questions

• In the Jenga game they gave situations and asked how we would react.   Answer Question

Ticket Seller Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pacific National Exhibition.

Interview

Applied online and was called in for a group interview. In the group interview, you are sitting with about 10 other people around a table where you play games and ask each other situational questions. There is a supervisor that will be listening to everybody talk. After the group interview, I was called to have a 1:1 interview. The questions were pretty basic, just relax and be yourself.

Games Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pacific National Exhibition.

Interview

The first interview was with a group of around 8 people. You would play 2 truth and 1 lie, Janga, and creativity word games. With the Janga game, each piece has a number to which it corresponds to a situational question. Honestly, it does feel like a gathering, it was actually fun. At the very end you would do some math questions, nothing too difficult. For the second interview, I received a phone call. The second interview was also in a group. We just had to say why we wanted to work in games and solved a math question.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation as it is under union

Ticket Sellers Interview

Interview

I applied online and got called for a group interview. The group interview consisted of around six other people. After that, I got called for a second interview. It was a one on one interview with a supervisor. She was very friendly and un-intimidating.

Ticket Sellers Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pacific National Exhibition.

Interview

it was a group interview. it give you a question and the team answer. there is a problem and we solve it as a team

Interview Questions

Negotiation

they look at your resume and asked your education. and then they ask you to sign the contract

Ticket Seller Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pacific National Exhibition.

Interview

First, I went through a group interview. A week later, I got a call for a 1 on 1 interview. They asked to talk about yourself, your relevant skills, and how you would react to many different types of situations. After the interview, I got hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations available.

Guest Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pacific National Exhibition (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in August 2013.

Interview

When you first apply you receive an email in the month of July, usually, telling you that you've been considered as a possible employee and that your invited to go to a group interview. There are three possible dates that the group interviews are held, due to the large number of applicants. When you arrive you sign in and you're given a number, that number is the table you'll sit at. When the group interview starts you full out which departments you'll like to work in then you'll play a few games to test your skills and problem solving. After that there is a math test to test your skills in math, don't worry to much if you fail because either you don't want to work with cash or they'll place you in a different department. This group interview applies to all departments. The one on one interview happens a few weeks later, if you got an email. The second interview is straightforward they'll ask you generic questions based on skill, experience, and problem solving. When the interview is done they will either contact via email to say you're hired or you won't receive one. The second interview applies only to the guest services department.

Interview Questions

• There are no hard questions or unexpected ones. They're all general skill, experience and problem solving questions.   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Pacific National Exhibition (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in August 2013.

Interview

Groups of group interviews taken place at the same time for Food and Beverage jobs. Normal interview questions asked in the table by a table lead. Mostly to gauge personality and spoken language. Hope you passed elementary school math because there is a basic skills test in math. Overall, pretty easy if you just speak and lets others speak.